• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

I really like both of them. Bummed out I can't get the Burt Wonderstone One Sheet for Jane :/

Why not?

This one?
EXNs4G8.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I love good Cules

I hate culerdos and bandwaggoners.

I posted a video on facebook about Real Ronaldo, on how he was great, and Messi is not GOAT. I got a culerdo calling me a retard.

I really hate facebook and having assholes there. But hey, job and relations

Madrid fans?

Was reading back thru the Milan match. That was good shit. dat salt

Messi

I'm surprised with how good the writing is this season. The last 3 episodes were so good

They are really in their stride this season

The hotel episode was the best archer episode yet, and this weeks with the Dog was amazing. Archer talking to the dog all episode slayed me

arkon

Sure, but if you combine it with the rest of the spam posts about square jawed women and other stuff then it gets a bit hard to participate for those who aren't "in" on the whole thing.

Just a suggestion in case you are interested in some of the lurkers like me participating more. I'm sure there are plenty out there, but when you have the same 10 people going off and having their own off-topic conversations, it's a bit hard.

Then generate your own discussion in the thread that you do want to partake in, and hope others get involved.

Messi

Then generate your own discussion in the thread that you do want to partake in, and hope others get involved.

Thats what I do. Well I try to. I don't really like talking about football all that much but I do like most of you guys.

GorillaJu

Sure, but if you combine it with the rest of the spam posts about square jawed women and other stuff then it gets a bit hard to participate for those who aren't "in" on the whole thing.

Just a suggestion in case you are interested in some of the lurkers like me participating more. I'm sure there are plenty out there, but when you have the same 10 people going off and having their own off-topic conversations, it's a bit hard.

I prefer that over 100 posts about how all Liverpool fans are delusional ignorami.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I don't play FIFA online but what's with the hate? Chill. The great thing about this thread is you can post something no one else is interested in (take 99% of my SPL-related posts) and no one will call you out on it.

I don't play FIFA online but what's with the hate? Chill. The great thing about this thread is you can post something no one else is interested in (take 99% of my SPL-related posts) and no one will call you out on it.

Unless it's Regulus posting about the Mexican league. He has his own personal hater.

choodi

Banned
Duly noted.

your on the shit list now

Hey man, don't hate me, I think Olivia is hot. :)

Also, I didn't want my criticism to be taken to heart.

The reason I don't contribute much is because of timezones and the fact that most European football is on well past my bedtime (I have a six month old). You guys are most active while I'm asleep or at work, both of which make it hard to keep up with how fast the conversation moves.

I just thought that it might be good to point out that some of the conversation on here can get quite insular and can make it hard for those on the outside to join in. It wasn't meant to be antagonistic. I hope no one was offended.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Unless it's Regulus posting about the Mexican league. He has his own personal hater.

Heart Attack is awesome.

I thought I unfollowed that Mexican on twitter but I just saw him tweet some my little pony shit. I must have followed him again when I was drunk.

Vamos Brasil!!!

Lightning

Banned
Biggest problem with this past week is I've been unable to laugh at Rafa and I missed my weekend lol at Rodgers and Spurs as well.

Come on Swansea and Southampton this weekend. Give us those lols.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol that's amazing. I like Shirokov but seeing Russia lose would be too sweet. It will be even more awesome after we beat Venezuela in Maracaibo or wherever it is they play now.

Too bad Letters is banned :(

I actually have a bad feeling about this game tomorrow. Think Brazil is going to murder us. Only Akinfeev and Koko can save us.

And you aint beating Venezuela. Salomon Rondon won't allow it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
They don't even have Amorabieta (as shitty as he is for Bilbao). We just have too much firepower for them. Yepes is suspended so I'm hoping for Valdes and Zapata at CB. They need a miracle to beat us.

Letters, are you reading this? Venezuela And Portugal are basura and they'll be watching the world cup from their casita parce :)

-edit brasil is as bad as Nickel back. You'll draw, at least

Take that shit to another thread. If we got rid of that, this thread might move at a reasonable pace for once.

nope

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

Agreed although I would like to think you all care deeply about my København posts.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Spain under 23s couldn't even beat Honduras in the Olympics.

Zuñiga is such an amazing player.

-WoodenLung I want more pics of your piñata sex toy

GQman2121

Banned
Just wrapped up BioShock. Thought it was pretty good down the stretch. Way more than an hour to cross the finish line after the twist reveal though.

I did like the ending and even though
the women all had their wedding rings on their right ring fingers and not their left,
it's not a big deal and is a sweet way to wrap things up.

I think I'll knock more backlog out this summer and then come back and go for the platinum trophy. Beating it on survivor without using a vita chamber sounds damn near impossible though.

Anyway, it's easy to see why these games take so damn long to develop. There is a ton of art and voice acting throughout. It must be a nightmare to manage all of it.

Spain under 23s couldn't even beat Honduras in the Olympics.

Zuñiga is such an amazing player.

-WoodenLung I want more pics of your piñata sex toy

Russia didn't even qualify for the Olympics though. And the U-21s recently lost 2-0 to a mediocre Italy team. It's basically been a terrible month for me.

Meier

Nightmarish travel day. Was supposed to get home at 7:15 or so.. just got home before 1:00 AM instead. Have to work in the morning. Not pleasant.

GorillaJu

Hey did you ever seen Ichi the Killer? Is it good?

Nah. I know it's well-loved but I don't go into movies that are intended to shock and disturb. I've heard it's a good movie, but knowing what I know about it I don't think I could ever intentionally watch it.

Just wrapped up BioShock. Thought it was pretty good down the stretch. Way more than an hour to cross the finish line after the twist reveal though.

I did like the ending and even though
the women all had their wedding rings on their right ring fingers and not their left,
it's not a big deal and is a sweet way to wrap things up.

I think I'll knock more backlog out this summer and then come back and go for the platinum trophy. Beating it on survivor without using a vita chamber sounds damn near impossible though.

Anyway, it's easy to see why these games take so damn long to develop. There is a ton of art and voice acting throughout. It must be a nightmare to manage all of it.

Doh, sorry dude. I thought I remember it being over right after the twist. Soooorryyyy

It's a shame that Wenger decided to bench him for no reason. Don't worry, he'll be back in the national team when he becomes a regular at Fulham next season.

Even if Arshavin was getting regular playing time in his club I don't think he'd be much more than a bench player for Russia, an impact sub. He has the same problem as Dzagoev does in Capello's team: not fast enough to play on the wing and not a good enough work rate to play in the middle. Still I love Shava, would love to see him at the World Cup.

Lightning

Banned
I really think City are going to get Suarez this summer and if they do and hold onto Aguero they will have a very impressive forward line.

A part of me hopes Jovetic goes to City so Suarez doesn't. Jovetic is not in the same league of Suarez yet and won't have anywhere near the same impact and don't want Suarez and Aguero together as that's too dangerous.

Lets post our first gaf football posts

Suarez is a brilliant player, but I really wish he'd cut out the histrionics. I doubt he gives a damn what others think of him as long as it doesn't effect his performances though, but that'll change when refs start assuming that he's dived when he's genuinely fouled. It'd probably be deserved though, and hopefully a step towards him being more honest on the pitch.

On the topic of diving, Suarez is a funny case in that he goes over far too often under minimal, and often legal, contact. I don't recall him diving in the way that Downing did against Man Utd or Young did against Man City.

If you have a ton of posts got to 'Search' -> 'Advanced Search'

User Name: Your User Name (Obviously)
Search Posts: "From a Year ago", "And Older" (Obviously change "Year ago" to something sooner if youre new)
Sort Results By: "Last Posting Day", "in Ascending Order"
Show Results As: 'Posts'

Your first Post should be the first on the list

Top Bottom