• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

WJD

Finshed Lost last night.

I think I liked it. Though reading through the Lost OT has made me realise how many mysteries I hoped would be answered weren't which is kind of irritating. The last shot was perfect.

sohois

Wooden, Rawk Tears should be singular I think. Rawk Tears A is incorrect. The group of slimes that attack can be called 'Rawk Tears' but individual ones should be called 'Rawk Tear'

/pointless grammar

Trust me, it's fucking addictive nonetheless. If MH went PS4-exclusive I'd probably get a PS4 as well. Also I think technically it's not just an up-resed handheld game, more like an up-resed Wii game with a few enhancements.

It's certainly not for everyone, but I love it.

I honestly can't tell if I'd enjoy it. If they did a big proper next gen version built for the PS4 then I'd consider giving it a go.

rvy

Banned
Fuck airports

YES! Fucking finally, back for good.

20.Del-Piero_COME-TE-NESSUNO-MAI_Buffon-Scudetto-Kiss2.jpg

GorillaJu

I tried out MH but quickly realized its not for me. It's a big time investment and I've only had one love for the last 6 or so years that's enraptured me enough to never lose my addiction and that's Dota.

MH gets so stale, so fast. I feel like you need a predisposition for this kind of entertainment that is driven by those constant, little spikes of dopamine (xp here, loot there) rather than a narrative and working towards a greater goal/progressing the story.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, van Persie said: “Sir Alex Ferguson once sent a scout over to Holland to watch me when I was a young player at Feyenoord.

“But I was sent off that afternoon and the scout went back to England with that in his report.

“Sir Alex mentioned that to me when I arrived at United.

“He felt I was not yet ready for a move to a big English club all those years ago – and he was right.

“I said to the boss ‘you were right then, but I am ready now’.”

At Arsenal, Robin van Persie scored 132 goals in 277 appearances between 2004-2012 but persistent injuries meant he only scored 20 or more goals in three out of eight seasons.

After seven years of no trophies, van Persie is ready to win some silverware and admits that he is disappointed to have missed out on the treble opportunity this season.

“My goal was to win the Treble,” he continued. “I wanted the Premier League, the Champions League and the FA Cup.

“Now we only have the Double and, yes, I think we could win the title at Arsenal or even against Manchester City.

“But I really don’t care where we win it. I just want to grab that league title.”
:)

dc89

I got the game to work properly now, the scripting is even easier than I expected. So sideviews battles in. Messi's church of Olivia in. Bud creeping outside the Rhodes families house? In. Cat saying old football news and awkward sexual talk between family members like in any proper rpg? also the fuck in. The first mission where you have to find the missing sheep is done and you end up freeing the donkey from Andres home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-__JBYfn88&feature=youtu.be

Now there's media blackout!

The man staring through the window. Oh God :lol :lol :lol :lol

"The guy (Suarez) is outstanding, the scorer of 29 goals in 40 club appearances this season and a forward of such skill, ingenuity and determination that it is occasionally hard to believe he exists at all."

And it's not even from RAWK.

My first post (I posted a couple of times before to join the FPL leagues) right in the middle of the Torres saga.

Speaking of quotes and sources, how about we hear from Torres himself. The story is relatively fresh (broke late last night/this morning) so you can't expect him to have commented himself already, but if over the weekend the speculation continues and we hear nothing from him...that tells you something. It doesn't mean he definitely wants out, but if he certainly wants to stay, you'd expect him to say so. I don't think he will hand in a transfer request because I don't think he would want to do that to the club...but at the same time I think it's got the point where he will be careful before coming out and saying "I want to stay" because if he does get a chance to move on in the summer he won't wanna be labelled as a liar or betraying his earlier comments...and he's obv not gonna say "i'm staying till the summer and then we'll see" cos that just fuels even more speculation.

So the truth is probs somewhere in between. He's not sure if he wants to leave, but he's considering it.

And it's clear why.

As for Chelsea and why would he wanna go there; they're a mess themselves and Liverpool are only 9 behind them. Well Liverpool are only 10 clear of the relegation zone, so that's something. And whilst Chelsea are a bit of a mess in terms of Roman sticking his nose in...it's common at most big clubs. Real, Barca, Inter, Milan, Chelsea, City (thought wisely not so much) and Liverpool as we've seen before. Only United and Arsenal are clubs who at the moment leave everything down to the manager, and look at who the managers are.

I am sure Torres really does care for Liverpool as a club
, but i'm sure he cared for Atletico more and he left there to go and win things and play on the biggest stages. Liverpool are more than 18 months away from being Title contenders and back in the CL IMO...he left Atletico, he could definitely leave Liverpool now for the same reason.

I don't think it'll happen now anyway. Liverpool can't replace him in time, it looks terrible, and something like £60m may make them part with him...but Chelsea won't pay that.

Had a mare.

kharma45

My first GAF post apparently.

With the length of time it is taking HTC to get 2.1 out for the Hero I wouldn't bet on any speedy updates.

I seem to be missing a lot from my history, can't see any from the World Cup 2010 thread.

WJD

Sachin Nakrani.

Some crap journalist.

Man reading through the thread during the Torres saga is hilarious. Shogun said Sturridge is West Ham level. Me and Laboured said nice things about Suarez. Yenrot thought Torres was "one of us".

Heart-breaking.

Not sure whether I was still on the other forum with the old generation of Footy GAFers at that time or not. Either way, it was hilarious.

Hixx

My first post was just talking about Halo 3 pre-orders. Then 4 posts later somebody did the whole 'junior' thing because I quoted a post that contained a 'spoiler'. Said spoiler:

"On the road to Voi, there is a scenario where you are pinned down by a turret and stuck fighting what is probably 9-12 Brutes. While you can kind of cheese your way through it in Normal, I have no idea how I'm supposed to get through something that ridiculous in Legendary (or if I'm even intended to do it alone)."

People got in a right tizzy it was fucking pathetic. It took me 4 posts to start to dislike the gaming side
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

dc89

Bioshock Infinite appears to be scoring well. Polygon (lol) 10/10. Eurogamer and Destructoid also give it full marks.

arkon

Hey guys, first post in here.

Seems like Villa and Newcastle are in trouble.

My first post in FootballGAF. How wrong I was. This was shortly before Newcastle splurged in the transfer window.

Hixx

BioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshockBioshock

its here

My first post in FootballGAF. How wrong I was. This was shortly before Newcastle splurged in the transfer window.

Newcastle have City away next. If Wigan beat Norwich, bet your left tit that Newcastle aren't out of it.

Linius

Guess I'll be representing the Eredivisie next year. Ajax is up for their third title in a row, if it's up to me anyways.

Just putting this out there.

This was my first post in Footey Gaf, seems we're well on our way for that third title :p

I can't wait to play Infinite tonight. I've been up since 8 yesterday morning working on my thesis which I finally handed in today ahead of the deadline which is not like me at all. Although I planned it well so I could play Bioshock all through the night. My brain is frazzled though so I'm going to bed now.

Hixx

My first football gaf post in the 06/07 season:

"We absolutely hammered (pun not intended) them, there. Shame we have clowns like Nosworthy and Collins in the team.

Arsenal match and today are so reminiscent of the 15 point season. Very worrying."

Changes Nos for O'Shea, Collins for Bramble... shit never changes.

Wes

venison crêpe
I seem to be missing a lot from my history, can't see any from the World Cup 2010 thread.

The World Cup 2010 Thread had to be deleted because it was so big, and being accessed so regularly, it was crashing GAF.

I've thought up a way around this when I make the thread for next year though.

Messi

Here are my first 2 posts in Football GAF

Watching ibrahimovic play recently has been so painful. After such a great start at barca he has just become so lazy. He has not scored in nearly two months, if it was not for Messi/Pedro barca might be in a bit of trouble goals wise.

Also what is with ibra's fetish for offsides, it ties hand in hand with his lazyness I think, he seems to just try and walk back onside when he is offside. He also expects the ball to just come to him instead of working for it.

After such a magical start for ibra, what went wrong?

I think I was pretty spot on.

I fear that this week my beloved barca will finally lose their unbeaten streak in la liga. Alves, Márquez, Piqué, Abidal and Touré are all out injured, which leaves our defence rather ravaged for this weekends match against alt madrid. Atleast madrid are struggling this season. That leaves only Puyol, Milito and Maxwell in defence.

I was correct that we lost that game. But man it feels odd to look at a team with those names. Marquez, Milito, Maxwell and Toure.

--

Bonus, first time I mentioned Olivia

barca were incredibly weak against man united, we got to see how important all of the missing players are, especially messi.

my new avvy is of olivia wilde, picture drives me wild. :p enough to remove pique.

edit: also, i put not weight into pre season friendlies. come back to me when utd face barca in actual competition. lacking messi and more so xavi has hurt us in that game, alves and more so xavi make the whole midfield tick.

Next post after this, someone says that her jaw scares them lol. Who knew the can of crazy I had revealed to you guys that day. :p

Linius

First review I read about Bioshock opened with the words: "Bioshock: Infinite is one of the best games I've played this generation." There, I said it.

Must resist hype.

I got the game to work properly now, the scripting is even easier than I expected. So sideviews battles in. Messi's church of Olivia in. Bud creeping outside the Rhodes families house? In. Cat saying old football news and awkward sexual talk between family members like in any proper rpg? also the fuck in. The first mission where you have to find the missing sheep is done and you end up freeing the donkey from Andres home.

The pr cat and bud voyeurism were awesome

Messi

This might be the greatest thing ever.

GorillaJu

My first post

I don't like the way ownership is slowly being peeled away from the consumer.

The console dashboard should be like my PC desktop in the sense that it is my space. When ads appear on it, I get the feeling as if I'm renting my own machine, despite having just paid $300 for it.

I hate it when Microsoft spills McDonald's coffee all over my lap.

My first FootyGaf post (about Fabregas)

It'll certainly be interesting to see how he fits in the Barca squad. I for one am not convinced by all the comparisons to Xavi, nor do I believe he's his 'natural successor', despite him slotting in to the same position on the pitch.

I can't imagine any pairing of midfielders more effective than Xavi and Iniesta. But we shall see what the future holds.

Linius

Just watched the whole thing, amazing job :lol

Top Bottom