• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

My first footy GAF post:

DOBERMAN INC said:
We need some more signings,The Nasri thing just confirmed that.A couple of big defenders alone would be fine by me.Just someone to calm the nerves when things get rough.

Hmm, you have to wonder why Vermaelen was signed since there is already a distinct lack of height in your defence. I remember Tony Adams saying that Vermaelen was far too short.

Also, Wenger may want to look at firing Arsenal's entire fitness/physio team out of a huge cannon. This cyclical sequence of events has been occuring for over a decade now.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm amazing :lol

My first footy GAF post:

Hmm, you have to wonder why Vermaelen was signed since there is already a distinct lack of height in your defence. I remember Tony Adams saying that Vermaelen was far too short.

Also, Wenger may want to look at firing Arsenal's entire fitness/physio team out of a huge cannon. This cyclical sequence of events has been occuring for over a decade now.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm amazing :lol

Ha, we both made obvious predicitions :p

GorillaJu

Tuttosport's insistence that Suarez is going to Juventus is indicative of the huge divide that exists between football as the masses know it and what us Internet seeking hipsters know.

sohois

My first post on Gaf was in a football thread, the 08/09 OT, back when there was only one megathread - it still only reached 70000 posts, though i think that was back when the old regulars had been culled and moved to their new forum.

The post in question discusses rumours of Alonso's imminent sale. I suggest that 30million is a good price for him, since Liverpool could have easily picked up a replacement for half that price and had money left over. Damn.

Also 2 posts later I suggest that the Ibra/Eto'o swap isn't that bad of a deal for Barca, since Eto'o would soon succumb to his knee injuries and Ibra would link up better with Messi. I made a good start.

And that was pretty much it for like a year as the 2009/2010 thread was just completely dead if I recall. edit: yeah, the 09/10 thread managed a total of about 2500 posts. 10/11 was when it picked up again

My first post on Gaf was in a football thread, the 08/09 OT, back when there was only one megathread - it still only reached 70000 posts, though i think that was back when the old regulars had been culled and moved to their new forum.

The post in question discusses rumours of Alonso's imminent sale. I suggest that 30million is a good price for him, since Liverpool could have easily picked up a replacement for half that price and had money left over. Damn.

Also 2 posts later I suggest that the Ibra/Eto'o swap isn't that bad of a deal for Barca, since Eto'o would soon succumb to his knee injuries and Ibra would link up better with Messi. I made a good start.

And that was pretty much it for like a year as the 2009/2010 thread was just completely dead if I recall. edit: yeah, the 09/10 thread managed a total of about 2500 posts. 10/11 was when it picked up again

2,500 posts for an entire season seems absolutely incredible to me

I'm glad I wasn't around for 09/10. That was the season that we expected to do well in, and we were given utter shite every other week. After Hodgson's Liverpool, that's the most disappointing I remember us being.

Lightning

Banned
I remember in my early days on GAF I got banned for being a Sony fanboy and trolling Nintendo and Microsoft fans too much. I stopped, it was in a sales thread.

sohois

2,500 posts for an entire season seems absolutely incredible to me

I'm glad I wasn't around for 09/10. That was the season that we expected to do well in, and we were given utter shite every other week. After Hodgson's Liverpool, that's the most disappointing I remember us being.

IIRC, even the longest 'old' thread only managed a bit over 90'000 posts in 07/08 which is nothing to compared to the threads now, given we are on 320'000 for this season and will probably break 400'000 by the end of it.

dc89

I really think City are going to get Suarez this summer and if they do and hold onto Aguero they will have a very impressive forward line.

A part of me hopes Jovetic goes to City so Suarez doesn't. Jovetic is not in the same league of Suarez yet and won't have anywhere near the same impact and don't want Suarez and Aguero together as that's too dangerous.

I'd take Suarez. But Liverpool would demand an extortionate fee. Unless... Suarez starts stinking the place out.

I remember in my early days on GAF I got banned for being a Sony fanboy and trolling Nintendo and Microsoft fans too much. I stopped, it was in a sales thread.

You should have been made a mod for your righteous battle against evil :p

@sohois, we'd probably get 90,000 posts these days just laughing at Terry falling over at the most vital second of his career :p

dc89

My first post in FootyGAF. RIP Kermit, you glorious son of a gun.

AEDjlO8.png

dc89

When are you getting banned? we need this place cleansed :p

I've been banned once. You all missed me, I was banned for months and months. I think it was a good 3-5 months in the end. I'd log in and be like, right I'm back next week. Log in a week later... I'm back in a month. :(

My first post in FootyGAF. RIP Kermit, you glorious son of a gun.

AEDjlO8.png

Kermit was a cunt

End of story. From a lurker who never had to directly contend with his rubbish, he genuinely made the thread a worse read than it would have been without his involvement.

What were you banned for?

dc89

Kermit was a cunt

End of story. From a lurker who never had to directly contend with his rubbish, he genuinely made the thread a worse read than it would have been without his involvement.

What were you banned for?

The hell did you do? :lol

I asked where I could download a game. :( fuck.

I was dumb. I was put into rehab and Bish beat that kinda shit out of me. Been clean ever since.

Right, Resident Evil 6 time. Lets see what the fuss is about.

I asked where I could download a game. :( fuck.

I was dumb. I was put into rehab and Bish beat that kinda shit out of me. Been clean ever since.

Right, Resident Evil 6 time. Lets see what the fuss is about.
I know when someone does it here people call him out and celebrate when he's banned but when you put it into context like that it sounds a lot harsher than it seems!

dc89

I know when someone does it here people call him out and celebrate when he's banned but when you put it into context like that it sounds a lot harsher than it seems!

I got what was coming to me. The funny thing about it though, is the thread title was changed because I wasn't the only one banned for it.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| What a bunch of jokers

I bought the game btw, but I wanted to see if I could get it running on Dolphin, and I used the wrong language really which led to my ban. Thing is, when it was said everyone quoted saying 'uh oh', 'better delete that' and youarealreadydead.jpg

How can I delete it if you've quoted it :(

FootballFan

My first post was in footballGAF, here it is:
Hey guys and gals

My very first post here on GAF, and i want to make sure its on the Glorious Football thread.

So here goes:

Barcelona are the greatest team of all time and you know it. Hate it or love it.

:lol

I got what was coming to me. The funny thing about it though, is the thread title was changed because I wasn't the only one banned for it.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| What a bunch of jokers

I bought the game btw, but I wanted to see if I could get it running on Dolphin, and I used the wrong language really which led to my ban. Thing is, when it was said everyone quoted saying 'uh oh', 'better delete that' and youarealreadydead.jpg

How can I delete it if you've quoted it :(
dc89
Banned

i jest, lol

3Sixty

SCOTT SINCLAIR has emerged as the top target for Southampton after he failed to make an impact at Manchester City.

The winger, 23, has started just two matches for the Premier League champions since he made his surprise switch from Swansea at the start of last season.

dc89

I'm sorry, that's fucking hilarious.

:(

SCOTT SINCLAIR has emerged as the top target for Southampton after he failed to make an impact at Manchester City.

The winger, 23, has started just two matches for the Premier League champions since he made his surprise switch from Swansea at the start of last season.

It's his birthday today! We've not got him a cake.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I wonder if he thinks the money was worth it. These days if City sign a British player it's to fill a quota, nothing more.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Would be a good signing i think.

Add some competition to the wide areas.

He'll have to take a big pay cut though.

Don't worry, you can just get City to pay half of his wages for you.

I got the game to work properly now, the scripting is even easier than I expected. So sideviews battles in. Messi's church of Olivia in. Bud creeping outside the Rhodes families house? In. Cat saying old football news and awkward sexual talk between family members like in any proper rpg? also the fuck in. The first mission where you have to find the missing sheep is done and you end up freeing the donkey from Andres home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-__JBYfn88&feature=youtu.be

Now there's media blackout!

rvy

Banned
I did tell SEGA, but they didn't seem to care : (

SCEA should just change their policy regarding foreign language games. Some things are better left untouched, RGG VO's is one of those things.
How many games are being held back from release over in the West by that retarded policy anyway? It can't be RGG only.

Fucking hell, 2009? Amazing.

Tomorrow Italy will play vs Malta, and our formation will basically be with players from Milan and Juventus alone (last time this happened was in 1947 with players exclusively from Torino and Juventus):
----------------Buffon-----------------

Abate-Barzagli-Bonucci-De Sciglio

-----Marchisio-Pirlo-Montolivo------

-------------Giaccherini---------------

-------Balotelli-El Shaarawy--------

Or something like that. I want an hattrick from both Balo and El Shaa, we won every match vs Malta (5 in total), scored 17 goals and conceded 2.

Top Bottom