• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

3Sixty

I hope we batter Montenegro tmrw. They're talking too much shit. Roy isn't even fighting back.

I think we will too. We might not be great at football but our players won't fall for any of this mind games nonsense.

5-0. Smalling scoring twice.

I hope we get battered. Hopefully with our strikers being absolutely bullied by their centre halfs.

All whilst Rickie Lambert sits in his North Baddasley home, feet up with a cuppa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I had a horrible dream last night.

We lost to Bayern 4-3. I closed my dream-TV when it was 4-1, then saw on the news that we scored two meaningless goals in injury time.

L1NETT

France v Spain will be live on the Guardian website tomorrow.

Sweet. Cheers for the heads up Wes :)

Oh and well done Phil Parkinson for winning an award at the FL awards! What a hero, really hope he doesn't go to Reading.

EDIT: Has Adkins been confirmed?! Lovely.
2382228.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I got the game to work properly now, the scripting is even easier than I expected. So sideviews battles in. Messi's church of Olivia in. Bud creeping outside the Rhodes families house? In. Cat saying old football news and awkward sexual talk between family members like in any proper rpg? also the fuck in. The first mission where you have to find the missing sheep is done and you end up freeing the donkey from Andres home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-__JBYfn88&feature=youtu.be

Now there's media blackout!

Amazing. My favorite part was the robben picture in fry's house along with nickelback playing in the background

:lol

Lightning

Banned
We are going to lose to Reading now. Media will love this.
That would be awesome just to rub your chairmans nose in it.

You have a decent replacement and still play great football but I don't think you're a better team then when Adkins was in charge.

Russia lineup: Gabulov, Anyukov, Berezutski, Ignashevich, Yeshchenko, Glushakov, Shirokov, Faizulin, Kokorin, Bystrov, Kerzhakov.

Bolded the reasons why we'll lose. WTF is this based Capello?

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't imagine Adkins can save Reading this year but it was probably wise to sign him before any managerial shuffles at the end of the season for the Championship campaign next year.

They should never have sacked their previous manager when they did though.

3Sixty

That would be awesome just to rub your chairmans nose in it.

You have a decent replacement and still play great football but I don't think you're a better team then when Adkins was in charge.

I think we are a lot better without the ball.

I love nige but do think he is trading of a bit of an over hyped reputation. He inherited a very good team from Alan Pardew, his dealings in the transfer market is poor and his dealing with the goalkeeper situation at the start if this season could still relegate us.

Wes

venison crêpe
"A former actor in BBC medical drama Casualty has had part of his ear bitten off at a Newcastle Travelodge."

Lightning

Banned
I think we are a lot better without the ball.

I love nige but do think he is trading of a bit of an over hyped reputation. He inherited a very good team from Alan Pardew, his dealings in the transfer market is poor and his dealing with the goalkeeper situation at the start if this season could still relegate us.
At the start of the season you were shit at the back but do you remember when Adkins Southampton pressed us out of the game in the home game at the start of the year? It was that tactic that was used in your victories against Liverpool and Man City so Adkins done a lot of work and improvement off the ball as the season was progressing. Defensively as time went on under Adkins you were improving a lot as well so that was already work in progress.

As for transfers I'm not sure. Don't know much about his transfers and we don't know how this new manager will be in that regard either yet.

3Sixty

At the start of the season you were shit at the back but do you remember when Adkins Southampton pressed us out of the game in the home game at the start of the year? It was that tactic that was used in your victories against Liverpool and Man City so Adkins done a lot of work and improvement off the ball as the season was progressing. Defensively as time went on under Adkins you were improving a lot as well so that was already work in progress.

As for transfers I'm not sure. Don't know much about his transfers and we don't know how this new manager will be in that regard either yet.

I see your point, we were definitely improving under Adkins and that really shows the decision was made long before the actual sacking. But I notice a lot of small things off the ball which MoPo has installed which has made us better. Jos Hoovield is actually passing as a premier league defender which is a feat in itself.

He scored against Spain's under 17's.

Any reason for Adnan's non selection?
Nah I just know he's with the youth team in Dallas so he can't have been called up. Maybe it's because he hasn't selected nationality yet.

BTW did you know he has the same birthday as CR7? This basically all but confirms his GOAT status.

Clegg

Nah I just know he's with the youth team in Dallas so he can't have been called up. Maybe it's because he hasn't selected nationality yet.

BTW did you know he has the same birthday as CR7? This basically all but confirms his GOAT status.

United won their first game in Dallas too.

I know Mats Daehli isn't with Norway right now because he wanted to prioritise the Dallas Cup. Maybe Januzaj is doing the same?

And Januzaj's birthday is a sign.

Top Bottom