• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

What can people tell me about HotLine Miami? Coming to PS3/Vita soon and I don't know much about it, other than its a top down shooter from what looks like the 16 bit age. Are you just murdering everyone in sight or is there more too it?

It's very punishing and quickly becomes more of a puzzle where you have to clear out small levels than anything. Not my kind of game but can see some people get addicted to it, especially with the awesome music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgocqJ9Em04

GQman2121

Banned
I didn't realize there was a quick look. I'll check that out during lunch. It sounds like a good game for a portable though. Hoping for crossplay.

Wes

venison crêpe
A cheeky Burnley fan has been shortlisted for the manager’s job at sworn enemies Blackburn after sending in a spoof application.

Customer services manager James McDonagh received an email inviting him for an interview, despite including a promise in his CV that he would ensure struggling Rovers suffered ‘back-to-back relegations’.

A cheeky Burnley fan has been shortlisted for the manager’s job at sworn enemies Blackburn after sending in a spoof application.

Customer services manager James McDonagh received an email inviting him for an interview, despite including a promise in his CV that he would ensure struggling Rovers suffered ‘back-to-back relegations’.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Interesting words from Jamie 'The Thesaurus' Carragher:

"We've always played football at the club but I would say that Brendan Rodgers has taken it on another level in terms of playing football," Carragher told Liverpool's official website. "He wants us to play even more football than I have ever been brought up to play."

Cliff notes from that spellbinding if not verbose appraisal: Liverpool play football.

And this one's for Hitcher:

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian

Last player off the training pitch: Wayne Rooney. Coaching staff actually had to call him in.

Legend. Class. National treasure. Hero.

3Sixty

Robbie pls

choodi

Banned
Interesting words from Jamie 'The Thesaurus' Carragher:

Cliff notes from that spellbinding if not verbose appraisal: Liverpool play football.

And this one's for Hitcher:

Legend. Class. National treasure. Hero.

Carragher thought he was playing rubgy all this time and Rooney is too dumb to tell the time?

choodi

Banned

Well a parody of a job deserves a parody application surely?

I genuinely feel sorry for the Rovers fans.

Carbonox

I will be fucking livid if either Milner or Barry play today.

I will be fucking livid if Ashley Young plays toda...oooopppzzzzzzz

Milner isn't worse than Young (Milner still sucks though) so Hodgson should go all out and play Milner, Barry AND Young for holy epic mediocrity baman.

Andy Carroll up front would have been the icing on the cake.

L1NETT

I will be fucking livid if Ashley Young plays toda...oooopppzzzzzzz

Milner isn't worse than Young (Milner still sucks though) so Hodgson should go all out and play Milner, Barry AND Young for holy epic mediocrity baman.

All three of them are real football VILLAINS eh? Geddit?

Anywho, Talksport running a Bioshock competition, hope this game does sell well.

Milner has been great this year. I'd be surprised if he wasn't playing.

No, he's been above average for a team that is 15 points off the pace, that has been knocked out of the CL at the group stage and which only has the FA cup as the only possible chance they have of silverware this season. That does not constitute 'great' by any stretch of anyone's imagination other than your own.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=2047675/index.html?cid=twitter_fifacom

FIFA said:
FIFA received a letter via email from the Costa Rica FA on 24 March 2013 with regards to the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier played on 22 March between USA and Costa Rica.

FIFA has examined the content of the letter and, taking into consideration article 14, paragraph 4 of the 2014 FIFA World Cup regulations, has confirmed that the conditions established in the regulations for an official protest have not been met by the Costa Rica FA.

Therefore, the result of the match played on 22 March stands and is considered as valid.
lol

Slizz

It was obvious they were not gonna accept. Costa Rica FA should have complained before the match.

Ah yeah, I dunno what they were thinking. The beginning of the match though the snow was manageable. If they didn't want to play they should have not agreed to continue when the referee paused it in the 54th min.

Meier

No, he's been above average for a team that is 15 points off the pace, that has been knocked out of the CL at the group stage and which only has the FA cup as the only possible chance they have of silverware this season. That does not constitute 'great' by any stretch of anyone's imagination other than your own.

And anyone who has consistently watched him play. The team's position doesn't mean individuals on the team haven't done well. Would you suggest Suarez hasn't played great this year because Liverpool aren't in first place? Don't be an idiot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Milner on the wing is depressing. No pace, no trickery. Up and down, hard work, aimless crosses.

This is England.

Sometimes having hard work on a wing is the more needed attribute than trickery in certain tactical matchups. Just not in Macedonia's case.

Arnie

Today I got a free Team GB Adidas umbrella and I'm about to meet The Weeknd.

Did a phone interview for a summer graduate job at lunch, too. Went well enough, but afterwards there was tons of things I wish I'd said and asked. They'll contact me within 48 hours if I'm successful, and then I have to travel down for a graduate day to battle it out with 24 others. It's like a shit version of The Apprentice.

Slizz

Did a phone interview for a summer graduate job at lunch, too. Went well enough, but afterwards there was tons of things I wish I'd said and asked. They'll contact me within 48 hours if I'm successful, and then I have to travel down for a graduate day to battle it out with 24 others. It's like a shit version of The Apprentice.

Sounds awesome, the Weeknd is dope. Good Luck!

Sometimes having hard work on a wing is the more needed attribute than trickery in certain tactical matchups. Just not in Macedonia's case.
Montenegro man.

Good luck mate. Assessment centre I had was like a lions dens. People at each others throats. Waiting to hear back...

Arnie

Sounds awesome, the Weeknd is dope. Good Luck!
Had tickets to see him tonight but i gave them to my friend as a thank you for putting me up. Plus I get to watch England with a Nandos.
Montenegro man.

Good luck mate. Assessment centre I had was like a lions dens. People at each others throats. Waiting to hear back...
Would be a bit terrifying.

Guess I'd just have to turn into a predator myself.

Had tickets to see him tonight but i gave them to my friend as a thank you for putting me up. Plus I get to watch England with a Nandos.

Would be a bit terrifying.

Guess I'd just have to turn into a predator myself.
Go along in your naughty shorts.

Is your iview a competency based one?

Top Bottom