• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

arkon

Had tickets to see him tonight but i gave them to my friend as a thank you for putting me up. Plus I get to watch England with a Nandos. .

You got the better end of that deal. Your mate doesn't know what he's missing with the England match.

Kagawa scores!

HIk5C.gif

Arnie

Go along in your naughty shorts.

Is your iview a competency based one?
You guys know me well enough to know that I'd much rather watch a football match than go to a gig. The Weeknd is pretty good though, although he's taking the piss here. Half an hour late. Don't fuck with Adidas.

What do you mean competency based?

You guys know me well enough to know that I'd much rather watch a football match than go to a gig. The Weeknd is pretty good though, although he's taking the piss here. Half an hour late. Don't fuck with Adidas.

What do you mean competency based?
Alot of these grad schemes set out competencies which they assess you against throughout the procedure, so it'll be stuff like; teamwork, managing team members, drive for results etc. Then they ask you questions all based around "give an example when you..." and as you give your answer they mark you against the competencies.

Arnie

Alot of these grad schemes set out competencies which they assess you against throughout the procedure, so it'll be stuff like; teamwork, managing team members, drive for results etc. Then they ask you questions all based around "give an example when you..." and as you give your answer they mark you against the competencies.
I'm not sure.

It's a PR 3 month Graduate scheme and the woman said on the day they set you all tasks in teams to check your communication skills and ability to function with others.

I'm good at that, though. Hey, I worked at Odeon, PR should be a walk in the park. In my cover letter back on Feb, I told them that my favourite PR department was Paddy Power. Just google Paddy Power PR, it's hilarious. They mocked Torres with a bilboard outside Stamford Bridge.

dc89

I'm not sure.

It's a PR 3 month Graduate scheme and the woman said on the day they set you all tasks in teams to check your communication skills and ability to function with others.

I'm good at that, though. Hey, I worked at Odeon, PR should be a walk in the park. In my cover letter back on Feb, I told them that my favourite PR department was Paddy Power. Just google Paddy Power PR, it's hilarious. They mocked Torres with a bilboard outside Stamford Bridge.

paddypowermaintote.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic the master troll

"I certainly do see [Smalling and Lescott's inclusion] as a source of weakness because, if they're not playing regularly for their own clubs, I don't see why their national coach should be picking them," Vucinic told reporters.

"I'm sure the match would be better and more interesting if [Ferdinand or John Terry] played
because they are certainly among the best defenders in the world today."

Montenegro currently sit top of Group H, two points ahead of the Three Lions, and Vucinic believes his side should not be intimidated by their opponents.

"We're not scared of them at all," he said. "I expect to have a beautiful, wonderful atmosphere.

"Our crowd will carry us on their wings as if they were a 12th player. I'm only sorry that the stadium is not larger and can't hold more people."

Meier

FIFA turned down Costa Rica's request:

ZURICH -- FIFA has dismissed Costa Rica's protest against losing 1-0 to the United States in a World Cup qualifying match played in a snowstorm because team captain Bryan Ruiz did not complain to the referee during the match.

FIFA says the Costa Rican football association failed to meet the requirements of filing a valid protest of Friday's match in Commerce City, Colo.

In a statement published Tuesday, FIFA refers to a clause in its 2014 World Cup regulations.

It states that when a field becomes unplayable during a match, the protesting team's captain "shall immediately lodge a protest with the referee in the presence of the captain of the opposing team."

FIFA says "therefore, the result of the match played on March 22 stands and is considered as valid."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-rica-protest-calling-for-u.s.-replay?cc=5901

Milner on the wing is depressing. No pace, no trickery. Up and down, hard work, aimless crosses.

This is England.

You forgot to mention that his hard work only ends up improving his 'distance ran' stat, and does fuck all to actually shut down the other team's wing-play ala Kuyt and Park.

Downing>Milner

@Clegg, is that Portsmouth?

Clegg

You forgot to mention that his hard work only ends up improving his 'distance ran' stat, and does fuck all to actually shut down the other team's wing-play ala Kuyt and Park.

Downing>Milner

@Clegg, is that Portsmouth?

Are you talking about here? That's Dublin.

The junction between Baggot Street and Waterloo Road.

paddypowermaintote.jpg

Top Bottom