• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Well neither are laudable but if your asking me to weigh on my moral scale the difference between blaming people for alleging racist abuse against someone for calling them a 'black cunt' and chanting 'murderers' at a set of fans who clearly had nothing to do with the act in a bid to rile them, I think I have a bead on which is more reprehensible. Might just be me. That said one shitty act does not forgive another.

My point wasn't really what was worst, although I would definitively say chanting murderers and making fun of Hillsborough in front of a crowd that no doubt had family or friends die there, is up there. Could of course also just throw the Adebayor chant out there which United supporters also sure liked when he was at City.

I liked this quote from the article that wrote about it though :

We dismiss it as ‘banter’, the new catch-all phrase that seeks to justify vile personal abuse.

He figured you out, Kermdog.

I'm going to play Bioshock now, cunts.

The "worst" thing I've heard at Old Trafford is "Sit down you peadophile" at Wenger. Really tasteless stuff.

I don't think United fans will stop signing murderers for a long long time tbh. I've asked people about it and they say they'll sing it as long as they live because of stuff theyve heard in the past. Football fans have an unreasonable mentality towards all of this stuff, won't go away.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The "worst" thing I've heard at Old Trafford is "Sit down you peadophile" at Wenger. Really tasteless stuff.

I don't think United fans will stop signing murderers for a long long time tbh. I've asked people about it and they say they'll sing it as long as they live because of stuff theyve heard in the past. Football fans have an unreasonable mentality towards all of this stuff, won't go away.

-39 is a very popular banner/shirt in Italy.

fiorentina-heysel.jpeg

Juventus-Fiorentina-300x199.jpeg

Zabojnik

So Tuttosport seem to think that Fergie loves Marchisio and has done since 2010. How bizzare.

United-Marchisio
Sogno possibile

Tuttosport knows shit.

Is that among everyone or generally the clubs you have rivalries with?

(Do you have a rivalry with Fiorentina?)

Of course we have a rivalry with Fiorentina. Or, rather, they have a rivalry with us. -39 is their ultra's trademark, but it pops up in other places/stadiums too from time to time.

So I'm about 2 hours into Bioshock.

Met Elizabeth, she's easily the best AI companion I've seen in a game. Her emotions and expressions are fantastic. Also walked around a really nice-looking beach, astounded by the art direction and the blatant racism :lol I know it's 1912, but still, have not experienced this type before in a game!

Very interesting story so far and I love the skyhook, cool way of getting around Columbia.

GOTY so far :p

Of course we have a rivalry with Fiorentina. Or, rather, they have a rivalry with us. -39 is their ultra's trademark, but it pops up in other places/stadiums too from time to time.

What's it based on? Were you fighting for titles in the old days?

FW, sort your spoilers out :p

Fady K

I already got a tron 8bit song for Messi. Haven't figured out Fady but...

65dDPqV.jpg

Wooden what is this?? This is awesome.

Fady is going hard in the paint with his Infinite PR on Twitter right now. Dude likes BioShock apparently. :p

My most wanted game of this gen bro! Bioshock 1 is one of my all time favorites as well. And the DLC to Bioshock 2 is the best DLC I ever played through :D What have you been up to? What games are on your playlist at the moment?

That is true actually. I would love for Cristiano to succeed on a national level and earn a big trophy. Moreso for Leo as he is my favorite player.

Linius

You just can't access the internet without Bioshock talk these days. I'm hyping my self by watching the first fifteen minutes from a let's play. Game looks amazing.

exactly. happens to the best and he will not make this mistake again.
german fans are still the worst. really shameful

Won't make that kind of mistake again? Well, that's certainly positive thinking. Neuer fucking up because he's trying to play nice and fancy instead of just kicking the ball away happens more than once or twice a season. Doesn't always end up in a goal for the other team but I don't see any improvement right there, it even seems to be getting worse.

Mesut, 17

Almost a prophetic movie. Features Löw, Stielike and a young 16 yo Mielitz (current Werder keeper). Made in 2005, wow.

Also the best LB in Germany, it's hard to see because he actually had a haircut back then lol

elseanio

I don't think United fans will stop signing murderers for a long long time tbh. I've asked people about it and they say they'll sing it as long as they live because of stuff they've heard in the past. Football fans have an unreasonable mentality towards all of this stuff, won't go away.

The murderers one, I guess most who sing it believe they're doing so because of Haysel (which doesn't make it any better), as it ties in with the song "without killing anyone, we won it 3 times". Everton also chant murderers.

However, there are plenty of Hillsborough songs. "One day in Sheffield, you killed your own fans", "96 wasn't enough", "If it wasn't for Scousers we could stand" etc. They are way more of a minority than the other 2, but they still get sung.

The chants are both ways. I've heard vile stuff on the Kop, and everyone ignores it. Sometimes it's one idiot, other times a full on chant. Usually about Munich, and lately about Evra. I've reported racists language before, but I'm not sure if anything was done.

The murderers one, I guess most who sing it believe they're doing so because of Haysel (which doesn't make it any better), as it ties in with the song "without killing anyone, we won it 3 times". Everton also chant murderers.

However, there are plenty of Hillsborough songs. "One day in Sheffield, you killed your own fans", "96 wasn't enough", "If it wasn't for Scousers we could stand" etc. They are way more of a minority than the other 2, but they still get sung.

The chants are both ways. I've heard vile stuff on the Kop, and everyone ignores it. Sometimes it's one idiot, other times a full on chant. Usually about Munich, and lately about Evra. I've reported racists language before, but I'm not sure if anything was done.
You don't hear the Hillsborough specific ones often (as in, without killing anyone gets sung whether we play Liverpool or not), I guess it's because as you say they cut closer to the bone. The others could be interpreted in other ways but the intent is similar nonetheless.

I've only been to one United/Liverpool game and whilst the atmosphere was "amazing" it was seriously volatile and just disgusting in some ways. All sorts of chants, thousand of fans singing them. Bottles of piss and shit being flung. Coins being thrown and mostly landing in the disabled section. Just horrible stuff.

People say it's relatively placid to what it used to be so I can only imagine what that was like.

Edit - on racism, nothing is done, unless it's so clear and obvious. I've heard racist abuse from fans directed to their own players. Just senseless.

I'm annoyed that you have to press Select to read the audio logs in Bioshock because they don't have subs when you just listen to them normally :(

Top Bottom