• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Kenka

Hot damn, why is Dante so sexy.

Dante-e1352809449669.jpg

edit: maybe he is CG ? That would be why.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wilshere out for longer than originally expected.

No way.

Did anybody actually think otherwise. As soon as 'three weeks' is mentioned you know it's 3 months at least. Not that they need him to beat Reading though, they've scored like, 20 goals against them this season already.

RVP says winning the title for United would make up for the "years of pain" he felt at Arsenal.

Goof lad.

I'd watch out about RVP statements. Seems like Sports Witness have been releasing false statements attributed to RVP as a bit of a prank to see which mainstream news outlets spread them without checking their facts.

For some reason I thought we'd already played Montenegro at home. Makes the draw a lot more acceptable imo
Trip to Ukraine will be tough for us, though.

It's pathetic FIFA have yet announced whether the play offs will be seeded or not. No doubt if some of the "bigger" teams are in the playoffs they'll seed them to help them qualify.

Ushojax

Walcott out for 2/3 weeks as well, plus Podolski carrying a injury that needs surgery. Diaby has also developed a new 'problem' apparently. We have got to beat Swansea, we need to re-establish ourselves. Hopefully Adkins taking over at Reading gives them a boost for the Arsenal game but I expect they will get mauled. That's what Arsenal do that we don't, when some silly team shows up they crush them under their heel. We can't even score against Wigan and Fulham at home.

The bumped thread about a knighthood for Dalglish is quality.

Like a Battle Royale of chip-on-shoulder twerps.

The obsession with knighthoods and things is fucking ridiculous on there. One day they'll be wheeling out the 'Scouse not English' stuff, the next they'll be whining about the lack of knighthoods

Funniest thing re:- RAWK and knighthoods is how dedicated they are to referring to Fergie as Mr Ferguson.

Which incidentally is another pathetic trait they share with The Interim.

3Sixty

It's pathetic FIFA have yet announced whether the play offs will be seeded or not. No doubt if some of the "bigger" teams are in the playoffs they'll seed them to help them qualify.

Probably waiting to see if they can screw over England first.

Oh god, i sound like a Liverpool fan.

3Sixty

3Sixy, your Saints are after Astori!

We were after him in the Summer/January aswell. But yes i've heard we are still interested and apparently he said he'd prefer a move to us rather than Naploli.

I'd be very pleased if it comes off.

I wish Danny Boyle had accepted his.

Sir Danny.

That would have been great.

But good on him for turning it down, I suppose.

That Trance trailer is off-putting. Rather than making a trailer to show the film, they've basically just advertised the director's past successes. Gives the immediate impression that they don't trust the film to stand on its own and appeal to the audience.

L1NETT

That Trance trailer is off-putting. Rather than making a trailer to show the film, they've basically just advertised the director's past successes. Gives the immediate impression that they don't trust the film to stand on its own and appeal to the audience.

Loads of trailers do this. "Produced by the creator of the Dark Knight trilogy".for example. I like the Trance trailer. Nice helping of Porter Robinson + James McAvoy is a winner in my book.

I know most trailers have the 'from the director of' stuff at the start, but I've never seen one where the track record is given a more prominent focus than the product they're actually advertising before :p

If you have a track record as good as DB's, then why wouldn't you show it off? Also, Trance isn't in the league of his previous movies, but his past stuff might get more people to see it

Loads of trailers do this. "Produced by the creator of the Dark Knight trilogy".for example. I like the Trance trailer. Nice helping of Porter Robinson + James McAvoy is a winner in my book.

I know most trailers have the 'from the director of' stuff at the start, but I've never seen one where the track record is given a more prominent focus than the product they're actually advertising before :p

3Sixty

"From one half of the writing team that made American Pie" and "The executive producer of Road Trip" comes this summers hottest comedy.

A friend asked me if I wanted to go to watch the Juve-Bayern game. I really, really wanted to but 50 euros just for the ticket? That's too much for me right now.
Who voted for TeamReal?
*raises hand*

I like Kojima, I love MGS, but that was bullshit.

Ushojax

Apparently Spurs are interested in Tom Ince now. We just can't help ourselves when it comes to pinching Liverpool targets.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A friend asked me if I wanted to go to watch the Juve-Bayern game. I really, really wanted to but 50 euros just for the ticket? That's too much for me right now.

*raises hand*

I like Kojima, I love MGS, but that was bullshit.

You could probably sell it for triple that on twitter. :p

Do you think so? Having read their stuff I think their pieces are considerably better researched and thought out than 99% broad sheet pieces and 100% of tabloid pieces.
They are well researched but I find the whole premise to be very pretentious and OTT. They seem to consider themselves as moderators for the internet. Alot of the time their stories are very very speculative anyway and I'm not a fan of the "write for us and whoever gets the most hits at the end of the week wins a prize" model which they're known to operate.

GorillaJu

They are well researched but I find the whole premise to be very pretentious and OTT. They seem to consider themselves as moderators for the internet. Alot of the time their stories are very very speculative anyway and I'm not a fan of the "write for us and whoever gets the most hits at the end of the week wins a prize" model which they're known to operate.

Why do you have a Coutinho avatar?

Galliani: "We went through our finances yesterday, and we are currently breaking even."

I'm going to cry.
You could probably sell it for triple that on twitter. :p
And then buy another one.

And then another one. And another one. I'd be like a ticket dealer, but I'd keep one for me. I really wanted to see Bayern, Juve is old news now.

Ushojax

Stats for Sandro v Parker:

Sandro (22 starts)
Tackles/game – 3.3
Interception/game – 3.6
Clearances/game – 3.5
Successful dribbles/game – 0.7
Average pass-success rate – 85.7%

Scott Parker (8 starts)
Tackles/game – 2.3
Interceptions/game – 2.1
Clearances/game – 0.9
Successful dribbles/game – 0.2
Average pass-success rate – 83%

With both Sandro (dat interceptions) and Kaboul out we are missing two of our best defensive players. It's a damn shame that we haven't once seen our best XI this season.

Carbonox

It is now 12:28pm. I'm not going to receive my game Bioshock am I? :(

Cunts, I wanted it before the Easter weekend and now I have no idea when it's gonna fucking come. Incompetent shites.

Top Bottom