• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

Apparently a few days ago France Football were asking what the hell is Anelka doing at Juve. Probably teaching Pogba how to be a football mercenary, would be my guess.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham forward Gareth Bale is fit to face Swansea on Saturday despite suffering from illness on international duty.

Winger Aaron Lennon (hamstring and groin) and centre-back Michael Dawson (hamstring) have recovered from their respective injuries and are likely to start.

ilikestories_zpse51f835e.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently a few days ago France Football were asking what the hell is Anelka doing at Juve. Probably teaching Pogba how to be a football mercenary, would be my guess.

What the hell is he doing, really?

So much for being our black Vucinic.

He's quietly meditating to prepare to put 3 goals past Neuer on Tuesday, who'll help him in doing so by trying to out-dribble him.

Btw. they'll be champions tomorrow if we don't win while they do and that would probably benefit Juve.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's quietly meditating to prepare to put 3 goals past Neuer on Tuesday, who'll help him in doing so by trying to out-dribble him.

Btw. they'll be champions tomorrow if we don't win while they do and that would probably benefit Juve.

What's your prediction for Bayern-Juve/Juve-Bayern?

For that second picture, Adriano and Alba both have more than 4 goals this season.. Unless that is just league, then I'm not sure.

Pretty sure it is just from the league, the other pics says so. But it's also top shots, not top goals so I guess Alba and Adriano has just scored those with less shots?

pappe

My predictions are
1-2/2-1 then Pirlo will try the penalty kick and fall flat on his ass. Shweini will puke 2 times before hitting his penalty kick into the orbit. Robben will break his leg in the run up to kick the ball but still convert it and go off on a stretcher. . Vidal will slip but still manage to convert his penalty by knocking the ball past Neuer-- with his balls. Pogba will convert his penalty kick--- for Bayern

Blablurn

My predictions are
1-2/2-1 then Pirlo will try the penalty kick and fall flat on his ass. Shweini will puke 2 times before hitting his penalty kick into the orbit. Robben will break his leg in the run up to kick the ball but still convert it and go off on a stretcher. . Vidal will slip but still manage to convert his penalty by knocking the ball past Neuer-- with his balls. Pogba will convert his penalty kick--- for Bayern

sounds legit

I think you'll beat them narrowly.
Their form has been trending down for a while now and it's pretty clear that their ride on the wave of success they've accumulated over the first half of the season is getting bumpier and bumpier.

I would put heaps of money on Juve if it weren't for the lack of a top striker, but your team is still tactically super disciplined and very capable defensively. And of course there is Pirlo to initiate counters which should put your forwards into a very good position vs. slow ass van Buyten (if he plays) and crazy ass Neuer who will probably be very prone to errors when constantly confronted with passes between him and the CBs.

Then there is the "Italian curse" too. Yeah, I feel like you will get a draw in Munich (or lose narrowly) and get a good victory at home or draw in both games and go through very on away goals (like a 1-1, 0-0) or pens.

Forza Juve!

Linius

According to the paper this morning it's Liverpool now who has the best chance to get Eriksen. 20 million in euros should be the transfer sum supposedly. I wouldn't mind, then we can get Maher for ten at AZ and be a better team.

Blablurn

I think you'll beat them narrowly.
Their form has been trending down for a while now and it's pretty clear that their ride on the wave of success they've accumulated over the first half of the season is getting bumpier and bumpier.

funny thing to say with our lead getting bigger and bigger.

Nyx

According to the paper this morning it's Liverpool now who has the best chance to get Eriksen. 20 million in euros should be the transfer sum supposedly. I wouldn't mind, then we can get Maher for ten at AZ and be a better team.

20 million is laughably overpriced.

Linius

20 million is laughably overpriced.

Certainly is, but hey if all of Europe wants him they'll pay. That's how the game works these days apparently.

And we'll see what happens to Eriksen, maybe he'll become a star player and the club who buys him gets his money worth.

Christian Eriksen is one of the outstanding talents in Europe and Brendan Rogers one of the outstanding human beings, so it therefore stands to reason that the two should be united in insitting opposition. Apparently, Eriksen "fits the profile" of player that Liverpool want to sign by virtue of being young and good at football, whereas other clubs are pursuing geriatrics who are good at Kalooki, so it's virtually a done deal. Should the unthinkable happen, and Eriksen decides that Liverpool do not fit the profile of club for which he would like to play, then the club will switch its attention to Hatem Ben Arfa and Henrikh Mkhitaryan and hope that they have nothing better to do.

And that is not, apparently, all. Rodgers is quoted as "saying" that he would like to augment Liverpool's squad "with" "three or four" signings "this summer", and after the roaring success of last year's marquee purchase, Joe Allen, he would like to return to Swansea and liberate Ashley Williams - whom he has likened to Baresi, Beckenbauer and Brendan Rodgers combined. Martin Skrtel, though, may be on his way out of Liverpool. "He has not played as much as expected," announced his agent Karol Csonto, "by virtue of his not being very good," he neglected to continue. "As for the interest from other clubs, this is normal for a player on the level of Skrtel" who is reportedly the finest Call of Duty player in all of Slovakia.

Daniel Harris :lol

Mkhitaryan would be better than Eriksen IMO. He's class. Would cost loads though.

GorillaJu

Daniel Harris :lol

Mkhitaryan would be better than Eriksen IMO. He's class. Would cost loads though.

That must be a summary from the Telegraph's reporting

Mkhitaryan is one of several advanced midfield players on Rodgers’ radar, with Ajax’s Christian Eriksen and Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa also under serious consideration.
Rodgers is keen to recruit another ‘number ten’ to play behind his strikers, although he is also prioritising a central defender to replace Jamie Carragher when the transfer window reopens.
The 24-year-old Mkhitaryan has caught the attention by impressing Shakhtar Dontesk, but he would cost around £12 million.
A more high profile target is Danish international Eriksen, the 21-year-old from Ajax who has just 18 months left on his current deal, alerting most of Europe’s top clubs to his availability.
Liverpool know they would face serious competition for Eriksen, which is why they’re eager to compile a variety of options – thus avoiding a scenario similar to last summer when the collapse of the Clint Dempsey deal left Rodgers with no viable alternative to cover the loss of Andy Carroll.

confuziz

Banned
Not sure why Eriksen would go to lollerpool though. From CL to (possible) EL is like going from a job as a manager to a janitor =P.

20 million is way overpriced by the way. You get Strootman for that money and he's leagues ahead of him.

GorillaJu

Not sure why Eriksen would go to lollerpool though. From CL to (possible) EL is like going from a job as a manager to a janitor =P.

20 million is way overpriced by the way. You get Strootman for that money and he's leagues ahead of him.

I don't think we could get Eriksen either, which is why other names are being bandied about. Don't think he'd be worth what we'd get charged for him, so I'd be content with another promising playmaker.

confuziz

Banned
I don't think we could get Eriksen either, which is why other names are being bandied about. Don't think he'd be worth what we'd get charged for him, so I'd be content with another promising playmaker.

You should pick up Maher from AZ. Probably half the cost of Eriksen and twice the talent.

GorillaJu

You should pick up Maher from AZ. Probably half the cost of Eriksen and twice the talent.

No idea what our transfer plans are over the Summer. If he's as good as you say, then I'm sure Liverpool (and other clubs that get our scouting newsletter, Tottenham and Southampton) would be interested.

Linius

No idea what our transfer plans are over the Summer. If he's as good as you say, then I'm sure Liverpool (and other clubs that get our scouting newsletter, Tottenham and Southampton) would be interested.

Maher is most likely to stay in the Eredivisie for a while, may that be under our roof or at Confuziz shitty club.

Lol, Mkhitaryan would could significantly more £12 million. In the summer we tried getting him and supposedly Shaktar scoffed at a €25 million offer.

Nyx

Doesn't Rodgers still want to get Vorm from Swansea?

Eriksen should go to Liverpool. We need a striker. Maybe we will take Cornelius along with two vials of Woodenlung's tears. His name is hot in England according to his agent.

lol credit to Liverpool for discovering Dempsey, Sigurdsson and Joe Cole.

Linius

Also read that confuziz his favourite player Siem de Jong is interested in playing in Germany. I wonder what clubs will come by for him this summer. Really hope he doesn't leave us yet to be honest.

And Man. United are supposedely interested in Alderweireld for 12 million euros. Would be a bummer to lose him, but on the other hand we have some excellent defenders coming trough in our youth.

confuziz

Banned
Also read that confuziz his favourite player Siem de Jong is interested in playing in Germany. I wonder what clubs will come by for him this summer. Really hope he doesn't leave us yet to be honest.

And Man. United are supposedely interested in Alderweireld for 12 million euros. Would be a bummer to lose him, but on the other hand we have some excellent defenders coming trough in our youth.

Please, any club in the world, buy Siem. I would actually begin to like Ajax a little bit if he left. Such a shitty arrogant face. Ugh, I get annoyed by even thinking about him.

image.jpg

dat arrogance.

Now this..this is a friendly face.

Fussball__27078703__MBQF-1340978405,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Linius

Please, any club in the world, buy Siem. I would actually begin to like Ajax a little bit if he left. Such a shitty arrogant face. Ugh, I get annoyed by even thinking about him.

image.jpg

dat arrogance.

Now this..this is a friendly face.

Fussball__27078703__MBQF-1340978405,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

I can't help it he's winning titles for us. Don't be jealous man, it's not good for you.

confuziz

Banned
With his two goals in the 3-1 home victory against Twente I'd like to say he's winning titles for us.

That's just not how I believe sports work (and I know you guys think I'm really weird). Club B is worse than club A, so that's why club A wins.

Everyone starts at 100%. Just like life itself.

Arnie

That's just not how I believe sports work (and I know you guys think I'm really weird). Club B is worse than club A, so that's why club A wins.

Everyone starts at 100%. Just like life itself.
Perfectly explain Manchester United I suppose.

While everyone struggles to glide they clank.

Nyx

That must be just trolling from some journalist.
Alderweireld is terrible.

My friends say I look just like him.

confuziz

Banned
Nope.

And it's not even because he plays for Ajax, I truly believe he is shite.
I rate Eredivisie defenders like Virgil van Dijk or even Mike van der Hoorn higher.

I like van Dijk. PSV should buy him and ditch all other defenders. 1 good defender is better than 4 bad ones =P

Can someone explain how this Ferdinand chant supposedly has racist undertones? It's a stupid chant, but I can't really see anything racist about it unless I'm missing some context.

News keeps going on about it.

K1LLER7

Arnie, Cabaye agrees with you.

Speaking with The Sun, he said: “United are a machine. Sir Alex is doing a fantastic job for the club.

“Even when the players change, he knows which player is going to be good for his team.

“City have fantastic players but, unfortunately for them, they don’t think and play as a team — it’s not the same as United. So maybe that’s the difference.

“City are still a fantastic team. But they are a team of individuals.”

This year, City have looked a shadow of the team they were last year. They have not coped with their injuries well and United have taken full advantage.

And Cabaye feels that the gap is now too big for City to mount a successful late bid to hold onto their Premier League title.

He said: “The 15 points is a big difference and it’s going to be more difficult than last season when they had eight points.

“I think it’s impossible because if United win three games, they win the title. It’s going to be hard for them.”

Very complimentary words indeed from Cabaye. I’m not sure there is a Premier League midfielder who would be available at a price this summer who could bring more to the table than Cabaye would.

Having captained his Lille side to Ligue 1 in France, he knows what it takes to win and he has been excellent in his performances against Manchester United and he only cost Newcastle £4 million. Maybe Cabaye wants to be part of the “machine”.

Clank..Clank..Clank

Cabaye sweet-talk before that summer move to United.

arkon

Can someone explain how this Ferdinand chant supposedly has racist undertones? It's a stupid chant, but I can't really see anything racist about it unless I'm missing some context.

News keeps going on about it.

What is this supposed chant? Have the lyrics been divulged somewhere?

Top Bottom