• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Can someone explain how this Ferdinand chant supposedly has racist undertones? It's a stupid chant, but I can't really see anything racist about it unless I'm missing some context.

News keeps going on about it.

I think it's because Anton was brought into it even though he has nothing to do with England. The whole Rio England thing started because of the Anton racial case with Rio standing up for his brother.

Arnie

Training back to Preston to see family and friends, Xbox in the bag. Buying Bioshock from town on the way. Mum told me we're having Chinese for tea. Top four day weekend ahead.

The more I think about it, the more I realise I didn't really enjoy the later sections of Infinite. The combat is really well done but it somehow became a chore. And between that and searching through boxes (which at times kills the pacing of the game) you're not really doing that much else. I guess the world and the story are what really kept me going.

Kyoufu

Arnie, Cabaye agrees with you.

Speaking with The Sun, he said: “United are a machine. Sir Alex is doing a fantastic job for the club.

“Even when the players change, he knows which player is going to be good for his team.

“City have fantastic players but, unfortunately for them, they don’t think and play as a team — it’s not the same as United. So maybe that’s the difference.

“City are still a fantastic team. But they are a team of individuals.”

This year, City have looked a shadow of the team they were last year. They have not coped with their injuries well and United have taken full advantage.

And Cabaye feels that the gap is now too big for City to mount a successful late bid to hold onto their Premier League title.

He said: “The 15 points is a big difference and it’s going to be more difficult than last season when they had eight points.

“I think it’s impossible because if United win three games, they win the title. It’s going to be hard for them.”

Very complimentary words indeed from Cabaye. I’m not sure there is a Premier League midfielder who would be available at a price this summer who could bring more to the table than Cabaye would.

Having captained his Lille side to Ligue 1 in France, he knows what it takes to win and he has been excellent in his performances against Manchester United and he only cost Newcastle £4 million. Maybe Cabaye wants to be part of the “machine”.

Clank..Clank..Clank

Cabaye sweet-talk before that summer move to United.

I heard Cabaye has a 34 million release clause. lol

Galliani: "We believe that this Serie A season can non longer be defined as regular due to the issues with Cagliari's stadium. Someone has to explain to us why Milan played in a full stadium vs. Cagliari in February and why this isn't possible tomorrow."

Corriere della Sera: Galliani will talk with Cantamessa (Milan's lawyer) about the possibility of legally declaring this season irregular.

This is why we can't have nice things. C'mon goldie, shut the hell up, who gives a damn, doing crap like this will make things worse for everyone.

Galliani: "We believe that this Serie A season can non longer be defined as regular due to the issues with Cagliari's stadium. Someone has to explain to us why Milan played in a full stadium vs. Cagliari in February and why this isn't possible tomorrow."

Corriere della Sera: Galliani will talk with Cantamessa (Milan's lawyer) about the possibility of legally declaring this season irregular.

This is why we can't have nice things. C'mon goldie, shut the hell up, who gives a damn, doing crap like this will make things worse for everyone.

he's probably just trying to get on cellino's good side so that we can sign a cagliari player for cheaper. he's been doing this all season, going to bat for cagliari on the stadium issue.

there are always ulterior motives in everything the gold tie does . . . and they usually involve trying to sign players for cheap.

qindarka

Banned
Nope.

And it's not even because he plays for Ajax, I truly believe he is shite.
I rate Eredivisie defenders like Virgil van Dijk or even Mike van der Hoorn higher.

How is Kalas doing for Vitesse? Would like the perspective of someone familiar with the Eredivisie.

Boateng, Pazzini and Zapata won't play tomorrow. I really really hope to see Pazzini back, he was great lately.
he's probably just trying to get on cellino's good side so that we can sign a cagliari player for cheaper. he's been doing this all season, going to bat for cagliari on the stadium issue.

there are always ulterior motives in everything the gold tie does . . . and they usually involve trying to sign players for cheap.

I don't know, I mean, we're after Astori and maybe Nainggolan, but when he said those things he wondered why we and Napoli could play there with the fans and the rest of the teams either don't have the fans there or play somewhere else. I guess it's just a provocation (especially the part about declaring the season irregular).

Still, it's odd, even for Galliani.

Linius

It's just my opinion man!

4AoiW6p.gif

Carbonox

Arnie, Cabaye agrees with you.

Speaking with The Sun, he said: “United are a machine. Sir Alex is doing a fantastic job for the club.

“Even when the players change, he knows which player is going to be good for his team.

“City have fantastic players but, unfortunately for them, they don’t think and play as a team — it’s not the same as United. So maybe that’s the difference.

“City are still a fantastic team. But they are a team of individuals.”

This year, City have looked a shadow of the team they were last year. They have not coped with their injuries well and United have taken full advantage.

And Cabaye feels that the gap is now too big for City to mount a successful late bid to hold onto their Premier League title.

He said: “The 15 points is a big difference and it’s going to be more difficult than last season when they had eight points.

“I think it’s impossible because if United win three games, they win the title. It’s going to be hard for them.”

Very complimentary words indeed from Cabaye. I’m not sure there is a Premier League midfielder who would be available at a price this summer who could bring more to the table than Cabaye would.

Having captained his Lille side to Ligue 1 in France, he knows what it takes to win and he has been excellent in his performances against Manchester United and he only cost Newcastle £4 million. Maybe Cabaye wants to be part of the “machine”.

Clank..Clank..Clank

Cabaye sweet-talk before that summer move to United.

Let's hope Cabaye builds on those words by helping the 'machine' via beating Manchester City tomorrow.

GorillaJu

Finished up Bioshock a few hours ago and it was right where my expectations were at, which is pretty crazy high, so to have not let me down except in very small instances feels great for me, since most games tend to be disappointments these days.

I can't say that I like it more than Dishonored, now that it's done, though. Where Dishonored put you in new situations with increasingly creative options for not only combat, but environment traversal, Bioshock Infinite plateaued fairly early and never really got better than around the middle.

That said, the latter portion, where the story begins to make clearer sense, is still very good, and there are a few "Oh fuck yes!" moments left to go even though the highest points are around the middle third of the game. The ending was a REAL video game ending. The kind you feel you deserve after playing through the story, not a basic "thanks for playing" ending.

Top Bottom