• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

arkon

Thinking about putting £100 on there to be two or more goals in the Chelsea/United game tomorrow. Need advice

Been a while since they had a low scoring game. 2-2, 5-4, 3-2, 3-3, 3-1 have been the most recent scorelines IIRC. Unless we get a really shit game tomorrow I think 2 or more goals is a decent bet if you can get a good price for it.

I'll place it on Juve/Bayern and PSG/Barca combined instead. Should return me around £260.

Made a separate accumulator for Chelsea game tomorrow.

jFSZjNO.png

Odds were just under 8/1

Sage00

Once And Future Member
In his playing days, he once kept a Lazio room-mate awake all night, on the eve of a derby against Roma, by playing the DVD of Braveheart over and over again. :lol

Edit: Just finished readng the Di Canio interview. My opinion of him has completely changed. Will probably pick up his autobiography.

Clegg

UCD arent that good. They're my local team so I've seen them play a few times.

The team they're playing are also the current league champions.

Clegg

Clegg are you going to watch Wrestlemania next week? It doesn't interest me much tbh. I'll probably watch it though.
Maybe.

I'm not interested in seeing Rock/Cena again. HHH/Lesnar and Punk/Undertaker might be good though.

Mania is supposed to be the biggest show of the year but only 2 matches have had any sort of long term build. How are you supposed to get excited for matches that have been cobbled together at the last second?

Kyoufu

Triple H against Brock is the only one that makes it slightly interested. I'm over the Undertaker at this point and the title matches are lame as hell, imo.

Pretty much, but I still like Undertaker. The problem is we KNOW he's going to win so it's kind of meh. Should have put Punk in the main title match instead.

Maybe.

I'm not interested in seeing Rock/Cena again. HHH/Lesnar and Punk/Undertaker might be good though.

Mania is supposed to be the biggest show of the year but only 2 matches have had any sort of long term build. How are you supposed to get excited for matches that have been cobbled together at the last second?

I have no idea. Rock wasn't even on the show half the time. Very poor build this year but I think they'll still do really well with Rock and Brock bringing in the money.

Clegg

Mancini phrased it poorly but imo he's 100% right about Nasri. We know he has a lot of talent but for the last 2 seasons he's been very poor. And now he puts on a great performance when the league is all but lost for City. Where has this Nasri been for the last 2 years?

I remember Nasri being fantastic in the first half of his last season for us; taking players on, scoring, assisting lots of goals. Shame he had to be a twat and fuck off to City.

Such a waste.

Kyoufu

I remember Nasri being fantastic in the first half of his last season for us; taking players on, scoring, assisting lots of goals. Shame he had to be a twat and fuck off to City.

Such a waste.

Yeah, I'm sure he regrets getting that premier league winners' medal.

jtb

Banned
Mancini should punch himself. Nasri's proven he's a decent player, even if he is a cunt. It's Mancini's job to motivate players and get them playing well, but he doesn't bother when he knows he can just whine about Marwood not spending ludicrous amounts of money on even more players City don't need.

Plus, Mancini wanted him badly in the first place, so reap what you bought instead of constantly whining.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, I'm sure he regrets getting that premier league winners' medal.
No, I'm sure he has no regrets. Money and the league winners medal but I am sure he has reqrets how the move is working for his career. In his final year with us he was being hailed as the most talented french player since Zidane and now look at his international career?

His move to City has nothing to do with this fall from grace but he will definitely have regrets how things have gone compared to how they could have gone had he knuckled down and performed without the bullshit.

GQman2121

Banned
There is no doubt in hell that The Departed is his best movie.

I would go with Goodfellas, but The Departed is a perfectly cast film that is also a lot of fun.

Shutter Island, however, is a terribly predictable picture that by its mid point becomes tediousness to endure.

Fintan

There is no doubt in hell that The Departed is his best movie.
I haven't seen all of his films, but I'd say that Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas and King of Comedy are all better than The Departed. I do love The Departed though.

Fry

He has too many great movies. It's a good thing that we all have different favorites from him.

But saying the original is better than his remake? FUCKING LOL. That movie is too vanilla compared to The Departed.

jtb

Banned
Raging Bull is my favourite Scorsese film. I know that he's made better films but there is something about RB that I really enjoy.

De Niro's performance maybe?

Raging Bull is incredible, definitely top tier Scorsese. and... yeah, De Niro's performance is one for the ages. Leo just doesn't compare.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This Chivas vs América has been Murphy's Law: The Football match. >_<

Chatón - injured, probably for a long time, it looked nasty
Reynoso - injured
Cherokee Pérez - two yellows (both deserved)
Marco Fabián - probably injured too, but he's walking it off at half time

shortyme

Apparently I've missed some ginger bashing and some neo nazi talk in here over the past two days. And Man U's win yesterday, woo. I am sad. Happy passover and Easter (and anything else I might be missing here) gentlemen.

Lightning

Banned
Grats GAF Liverpool. Deserved win. Alas.
I want Wigan to stay up. Now Sunderland can get stuffed after that Di Canio appointment.

So either Villa or Sunderland need to go!

Apparently I've missed some ginger bashing and some neo nazi talk in here over the past two days. And Man U's win yesterday, woo. I am sad. Happy passover and Easter (and anything else I might be missing here) gentlemen.
You can watch Man U get knocked out of the FA cup instead!

GQman2121

Banned
Hey I'm just stating the truth. You know you're a talentless hack when this is the best thing you've ever done.

Wahlberg makes everything he's in worse.

He's actually very good in The Departed.

HOWEVER......The fact that his best performance to date is playing a douche-bag cop from Boston says a lot about his acting ability. Let's be honest here, he's basically playing himself in the movie. The role was almost written for an asshole from that part of the country.

Fry

I got a Galaxy SIII mini. I have a question regarding the battery. Do I charge it when it dies or before it dies?

Salazar

He's actually very good in The Departed.

HOWEVER......The fact that his best performance to date is playing a douche-bag cop from Boston says a lot about his acting ability. Let's be honest here, he's basically playing himself in the movie. The role was almost written for an asshole from that part of the country.

Aye. And he's a mouthy goober with the social skills of Dennis Wise whenever he's on a chat show.

There were a few really nice moves in yesterday's game

Benteke goal
Henderson goal
Agbonlahor chance
Coutinho chance
A few Suarez chances
Weimann chance

Let's talk some more about how awesome Coutinho is, and how lustrous his hair is.

Top Bottom