• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

TeegsD

A player who has NEVER scored any goals in the danish league before has scored two against Brøndby now lol

HstCCuK.png

#ripbjalke

Even Yannick Djalo scored against Brondby

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Paolo Di Canio has just given an interview where he says that he is definitely not racist.

He backs this up by saying Trevor Sinclair and Chris Powell where his best friends while he was at West Ham.

Well I don't think he's a racist (as lol worthy as his 'my best friends are black quote is). He's played with non-white players, coached non-white players, I've never seen or heard of him doing anything racist.

What I have seen is an incredibly excitable Italian who has made a facist salute (twice?) while playing for Lazio and said a couple of dumb things regarding Mussolini. But that was years ago. Reading about him and following his career for the last couple of years, he seems very different to how he was during his time at Lazio.

Di Canio has spoken also of the growing influence in his life of Samurai culture, and of the "Japanese spiritual mentality" from reading Mishima, and the teachings in the traditions of Hagakure and Bushido.

He's a fruitcake, that's all.

Clegg

Well I don't think he's a racist (as lol worthy as his 'my best friends are black quote is). He's played with non-white players, coached non-white players, I've never seen or heard of him doing anything racist.

What I have seen is an incredibly excitable Italian who has made a facist salute (twice?) while playing for Lazio and said a couple of dumb things regarding Mussolini. But that was years ago. Reading about him and following his career for the last couple of years, he seems very different to how he was during his time at Lazio.
I don't think he's racist either.

But the "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black" is never a good answer.

Blackhead

Redarse
How did you come to the conclusion that FIFA decided (in part) to ban taking shirts off because it would offend Muslims?

When you answer bear in mind that Saudi Arabia played in the 1994 and 1998 World Cups before 2002 and Iran also played in France 98.

Wasn't it banned in the Bundesliga a few years ago because of all the 'I love Jesus'-shirts? So to counter religious messages? Which I applaud, Bayern had a few of those fools like Lucio and Ze Roberto who tried to even convert other players. I have no problem with praying before a match but that's where it should stop.

I asked this before. He didn't bother addressing it.

Please do make that thread, Phantast2k

The FIFA ban was supposedly related to TV audiences back in Saudi Arabia not the team members at the World Cup being offended because their opponents took off shirts.

Showing skin is not quite the same thing as displaying a political or religious message on an undershirt (unlesss you've got a Mussolini helmet tattoo on your bare back of course).

Don't agree with Phantast2K but just throwing in my 2 cents.

Long live PES

GQman2121

Banned
Hmm, no one cared to address my points with anything more than one-liners, so I'll just assume that this is the wrong place to discuss this. I'll make an extra thread if I find the time/feel like it.

Oh and I sure as fuck won't stop expressing my mind about those fucktard players, especially if it goes beyond just simple display of religious affiliation, so either gtfo or ignore me.

iboGtUqtxNeLie.gif

The FIFA ban was supposedly related to TV audiences back in Saudi Arabia not the team members at the World Cup being offended because their opponents took off shirts.

Showing skin is not quite the same thing as displaying a political or religious message on an undershirt (unlesss you've got a Mussolini helmet tattoo on your bare back of course).

Don't agree with Phantast2K but just throwing in my 2 cents.

Long live PES
Source?

Me too :)

It's great insight.

I like Ed Chamberlain as the anchor too.

Yeah. Getting rid of Keys is the best thing Sky's done for years, including Sky Atlantic, even if they only did it because they had to. Still miss Mark Bolton though :(

Congrats Gareth Bale, good luck finding somebody to pay for that trip :p

I'm not a dreg. I'm motherfucking froth.

If Neville moved to the BBC, do you reckon they'd neuter him into the same brainless, skin-deep observations the likes of Shearer and Savage come out with?

Can't wait for the Newcastle-Sunderland match

Dibbz

So we lost? That's a shame, good to see that our youngsters are doing pretty well anyway.

Yep 2-0, both pens. Only really watched the semi's but it looked like all 3 English teams (Villa Chelsea Arsenal) have some talented youngsters. Can they make it to first team football though? That is a whole different beast.

Wilbur

Banned
I play games on easy. Got no time to get stuck, just wanna enjoy the fucking game

Apart from shit like FIFA, that goes on full difficulty.

Paolo talks in the third person a lot

I like his style

Still think you're going down, but it won't be his fault. I like him. He's fun.

Yep 2-0, both pens. Only really watched the semi's but it looked like all 3 English teams (Villa Chelsea Arsenal) have some talented youngsters. Can they make it to first team football though? That is a whole different beast.
Akpon (sp) at Arsenal has impressed me in the u21 league (dunno if he was playing in Next Gen?)

Chelsea have some really good young players from their Youth Cup team. Can definitely see some of them making it to PL level, maybe not for Chelsea though.

Meier

Young/Valencia/Nani last season - 24 goals and 42 assists

Young/Valencia/Nani this season - 3 goals and 17 assists

Zaha plz.

That's a rather amazing decline. Just was reading a story on Sky about Nasri.. they had a chart that showed his fall off.

Samir Nasri - PL year-on-year
Code:
Season	2011/12	2012/13
Apps	30	21
Goals	5	1
Shots	56	19
Assists	9	4
Passes	1587	813
Through	14	3
(Shortened Through-balls to Through)
In City's title-winning season, Nasri ranked among the top 10 in the Premier League for assists and was in the best half a dozen for passing accuracy. David Silva is the only active Premier League player who managed as many through-balls per game, while Silva, Luka Modric and Juan Mata were the only playmakers to produce a key pass as often as the Frenchman.

What a nightmare of a season he's had. Disgusting. Pretty good read here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8611744/The-Nasri-enigma?

Wilbur

Banned
Young/Valencia/Nani last season - 24 goals and 42 assists

Young/Valencia/Nani this season - 3 goals and 17 assists

Zaha plz.

Fucking appalling stats. Should start Kagawa left wing always in that Silva like role; I know you said we shouldn't keep saying Shinji plz every five minutes but he still offers something different than the fucks we normally play. Christ. How shite.

kharma45

Fucking appalling stats. Should start Kagawa left wing always in that Silva like role; I know you said we shouldn't keep saying Shinji plz every five minutes but he still offers something different than the fucks we normally play. Christ. How shite.

Kagawa at least posses intelligence, none of the other three do.

That's a rather amazing decline. Just was reading a story on Sky about Nasri.. they had a chart that showed his fall off.

Samir Nasri - PL year-on-year
Code:
Season	2011/12	2012/13
Apps	30	21
Goals	5	1
Shots	56	19
Assists	9	4
Passes	1587	813
Through	14	3
(Shortened Through-balls to Through)

What a nightmare of a season he's had. Disgusting. Pretty good read here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8611744/The-Nasri-enigma?
There's a quote being attributed to him tonight where he's said Mancini is wrong to criticise him.

Not sure if it's accurate or not - maybe something to keep an eye on over the next few days.

Either way I reckon he's done at City, if City can secure a better alternative.

Top Bottom