• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Fucking appalling stats. Should start Kagawa left wing always in that Silva like role; I know you said we shouldn't keep saying Shinji plz every five minutes but he still offers something different than the fucks we normally play. Christ. How shite.
I'd rather have Kagawa ahead of them too - just making the point that Shinji himself needs to up his level. He is very pretty and tidy, has the second highest pass accuracy in our team, one of the highest in the league I think, overall and in the final 3rd...but he just needs to be more incisive.

I'm sure it'll come, once he develops relationships with the other players and gains confidence. But until now he hasn't done enough.

Fuck it after listening to him today I'm going balls deep

Ha'way Paolo lad.
Apparently he's called a presser for 8am tmrw morning :lol

arkon

There's a quote being attributed to him tonight where he's said Mancini is wrong to criticise him.

Not sure if it's accurate or not - maybe something to keep an eye on over the next few days.

Either way I reckon he's done at City, if City can secure a better alternative.

Where would he go though? PSG?

Feorax

Fucking Bioshock.

Hate the trend of ever increasing difficulty to the point of insanity in games. It's dumb.

I'm sticking with easy for my first playthrough. I'll do my 1999 & no dollar bill machine run later on, but i want to enjoy the story without frustration first time through.

Meier

There's a quote being attributed to him tonight where he's said Mancini is wrong to criticise him.

Not sure if it's accurate or not - maybe something to keep an eye on over the next few days.

Either way I reckon he's done at City, if City can secure a better alternative.

Yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. If Mancini is out, maybe the new manager will keep him around for a bit and see what he thinks. If Samir plays like he did Saturday, then obviously he'd start at any club.

Goal.com has a report up.. seems like he was interviewed by beIN Sport and said this:
"Arsene Wenger is the greatest coach I have worked with. I only regret not having more discussions with Arsene Wenger when I left [for Manchester City]," Nasri told beIN Sport.

"I do not have regrets. I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal is purely for sporting reasons.

"I am aware that I do not realise a good season. There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50% this is not true.

"I felt comfortable against Newcastle. It's been a time that I feel good."
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/04/01/3870527/-?#

Hah, 101greatgoals have some more quotes.. not sure the validity of that first one. Sure to inflame Lightning though.. the second one will have Piers raging at Kroenke.
Nasri said: “I don’t regret leaving Arsenal. I won the league while Arsenal have difficulty to finish fourth.”

On the behind the scenes discussions, Nasri added: ”Wenger told me that if Cesc [Fabregas] left, I would stay, but [Stan] Kroenke wanted the money. I had one year left & decided to go.”

And, on former boss Arsene Wenger, Nasri said: “Wenger is the best coach I’ve worked with. He’s the one who understood me the most & made me the player I am. I’m thankful.”
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...-he-left-arsenal-for-a-better-team-man-city/?

Hixx

I'd rather have Kagawa ahead of them too - just making the point that Shinji himself needs to up his level. He is very pretty and tidy, has the second highest pass accuracy in our team, one of the highest in the league I think, overall and in the final 3rd...but he just needs to be more incisive.

I'm sure it'll come, once he develops relationships with the other players and gains confidence. But until now he hasn't done enough.

Apparently he's called a presser for 8am tmrw morning :lol

There's a 10 min interview on SSN website

He talks a LOT. When his English breaks I can't help but laugh cos he sort of shouts the word that comes next

On SAFC.TV he said "it's like Brazil 1970". He's fucking nuts!!

arkon

Sunderland must stay up now. In order to do that though, they need to accrue more points than their relegation rivals.

dc89

That's a rather amazing decline. Just was reading a story on Sky about Nasri.. they had a chart that showed his fall off.

Samir Nasri - PL year-on-year
Code:
Season	2011/12	2012/13
Apps	30	21
Goals	5	1
Shots	56	19
Assists	9	4
Passes	1587	813
Through	14	3
(Shortened Through-balls to Through)

What a nightmare of a season he's had. Disgusting. Pretty good read here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8611744/The-Nasri-enigma?

Nasri has the potential to be a top class player, we've seen it before. But does he have the desire? Who knows.

Don't be surprised if he stays at City in the summer, especially if Mancini is around, which I expect him to be. Mancini has been a fan of Nasri for a long, long time.

Kyoufu

Yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. If Mancini is out, maybe the new manager will keep him around for a bit and see what he thinks. If Samir plays like he did Saturday, then obviously he'd start at any club.

Goal.com has a report up.. seems like he was interviewed by beIN Sport and said this:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/04/01/3870527/-?#

Hah, 101greatgoals have some more quotes.. not sure the validity of that first one. Sure to inflame Lightning though.. the second one will have Piers raging at Kroenke.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...-he-left-arsenal-for-a-better-team-man-city/?

Who DOESN'T feel comfortable against Newcastle? C'mon son.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Cahill and Cole will be out for two weeks.

Can Chelsea compete on three fronts without them?

Lightning

Banned
Why would I care about anything Nasri says? He's been badmouthing us ever since he left so nothing new here. All I can say about Nasri is he left as the next Zidane and now he can't even get into the team hated by his own media. Have fun Samir.

So Cahill and Cole will be out for two weeks.

Can Chelsea compete on three fronts without them?
Lets hope not. Ideally Chelsea progress in the Europa league then crash and burn out at the semis and lose league points in the process. Chelsea out of the top 4 and no trophy is the ideal scenario.

Why would I care about anything Nasri days? He's been badmouthing us ever since he left so nothing new here. All I can say about Nasri is he left as the next Zidane and now he can't even get into the team hated by his own media. Have fun Samir.

samir-nasri-235625624.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lets hope not. Ideally Chelsea progress in the Europa league then crash and burn out at the semis and lose league points in the process. Chelsea out of the top 4 and no trophy is the ideal scenario.

Now that I agree with. I will happy ride off into the CL sunset arm in arm with Arsenal if it means Chelsea miss out.

According to his hype that is. Not talent obviously.

No one rated him that highly other than maybe some deluded Arsenal (and maybe later City) supporters and maybe some people that thought it was a good tag to put on him as a youngster before he was fully developed at all, but we also had "the new Beckham" "the new Drogba" and "the new Gerrard" about a thousand times so meh.

No one rated him that highly other than maybe some deluded Arsenal (and maybe later City) supporters and maybe some people that thought it was a good tag to put on him as a youngster before he was fully developed at all, but we also had "the new Beckham" "the new Drogba" and "the new Gerrard" about a thousand times so meh.

Has there ever been a 'new Beckham?' I don't know of any wingers whose strengths are crossing, passing and set pieces.

Lightning

Banned
Maybe not if you start missing out on CL revenue.
The Arsenal board won't pull that trigger and hard to see Wenger just walking. Could see him not renewing after next season though if things continue to be shit but next season will be Wenger I feel. After that is the real question.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal fans didnt rate him that highly that I picked up on. We had Fabregas at the time so he got majority of our attention.

Meier

Wow! Two great chances for Fulham. I think I remember hearing in our game with them earlier this year that Riise has never scored for them?

Oooh and now a penalty! Tough call.

Top Bottom