• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The cutscenes in MGS4 didn't age well. That or they were terrible already even back then?

Don't worry guys we'll see Pulga tomorrow. Hopefully everything is alright over there.

Suen

*after some small "argument"*

Girl: I am tired now, can I go and sleep? (second time repeating this)
Me: Ok I'm sorry and sorry for keeping you here when you're tired, have a nice sleep.
Me: Bye.
Girl: You're the worst

Wtf!! Woman, do you want me to leave or not!? I don't get it!

MrKaepora

Can any of the Sporting fans write a few words about Sa Pinto's time as their coach?

Not a Sporting fan but I can say that he is...errr... passionate?

The first year that he took over was in the middle of the season 2011/2012. Took the club to the semi finals of Europa League, made to the final of the taça de Portugal where he lost to Académica and finished in fourth place in the I Liga.

The next season, 2012/2013, he started from the beggining of the season and sporting fans expected big things from him and the team. After a disappointing pre season, I liga looked more and more like a mirage after only 5 games and he was sacked in October.

In my opinion, I think he didn't prepared the team properly both physically and mentally and that's why the club only recently, after Jesualdo Ferreira took over the team, we started seeing some improvements. Although, to be fair with Sá Pinto, Sporting isn't in itself in good health, general speaking and I think there were more things that made this season terrible for Sporting fans that are not Sá Pinto fault.

Like I said in the beggining, Sá Pinto is a passionate guy that commits himself 100% to a job. He did an amazing job with the youngsters of Sporting but didn't proof much as coach of a main team, yet. Probably the passion that he had for the club made him unaware of the problems ahead of him in the club.

I think this will be a good opportunitie for us to find out if he is a good coach or not but you can allways espect him to commit fully to a goal.

Clegg

The cutscenes in MGS4 didn't age well. That or they were terrible already even back then?

Don't worry guys we'll see Pulga tomorrow. Hopefully everything is alright over that.

In fairness the game is five years old now and was built using a brand new engine.

I haven't played football since I was a small child. I want to start again. Are there any beginner leagues or something for a noob to start? I'm in London.

bud

mgs4 looked stunning in the first two trailers: tgs 2005 & e3 2006.

but then it started to look more and more drab with each trailer they released.

I haven't played football since I was a small child. I want to start again. Are there any beginner leagues or something for a noob to start? I'm in London.

There are loads of 5 a side leagues across the country that are perfect for people looking for more than a kick about but finding enough people who seriously like football is hard.

Hixx

jo4jMe02rE14k.png

Oh Pat Murphy you absolute knacker
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

jtb

Banned
hope I'm not late with this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/01/samir-nasri-arsenal-stan-kroenke

Samir Nasri has claimed Arsène Wenger was forced to sell him to Manchester City in the summer of 2011 by the club's owner, Stan Kroenke. The Frenchman, who moved to City in a £24m move, also rejected Roberto Mancini's suggestion that he has been training at only "50%" this season.

Speaking on beIN Sport, a French TV station, Nasri said: "I don't regret leaving Arsenal. I won the league while Arsenal have difficulty finishing fourth."

His claim that Wenger had to listen to offers for him due to pressure from Kroenke directly contradicts the Arsenal manager's repeated stance that he is in sole control of transfers at the club and that he is not working under any financial constraints. "Wenger told me that, if Cesc [Fàbregas] left, I would stay but Kroenke wanted the money. The coach told me we'll only take Gervinho, Cesc was already gone, I had only one year left so I decided to leave," Nasri said. Gervinho joined the same summer in which Nasri and Fàbregas, who went to Barcelona, departed.

Nasri was an integral member of last season's title-winning City team. This season the midfielder has been disappointing and after a rare man-of-the-match display in Saturday's 4-0 victory over Newcastle United at the Etihad Stadium, Mancini joked about his frustration at the 25-year-old.

The Italian said: "I would like to give him a punch, because a player like him should play like this always. I can't understand [why] sometimes a player with his quality doesn't play like today every game," the manager said.

With City 15 points behind Manchester United in a title defence that is all but mathematically over, Mancini mentioned that he believed that, on occasion, players think it is "enough to play 50%".

But Nasri said: "I am aware that I have not had a good season. There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50%, this is not true. I felt comfortable against Newcastle. It's been a while since I felt good. I do not have regrets, I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal was purely for sporting reasons."

Nasri spent three years at Arsenal and he said Wenger was the manager with the greatest influence on his career. "Wenger is the best coach I've worked with. I only regret not having more discussions with Arsène Wenger when I left," Nasri said. "He's the one who understood me the most and made me the player I am. I'm thankful."

Kroenke's an easy target and it doesn't change the fact that Nasri didn't sign a new contract, but still...

Salazar

A season of looking comfortable with his arm round unspeakably gorgeous women and looking invisible on the pitch.

As long as you're happy, Samir.

Messi

I hope you are right.

I bought some Blu Rays on amazon today. I think I did well.

Justified - Season 3 $19.99
Archer - Season 3 $21.93
RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue Box Set $59.99 (This is a pretty good deal, its 10 seasons, 14 disks and shit loads of extras. Its usually $150)

TeegsD

Have yet to get a good look at Ricky's goal. tvgolo is just bad with their sapo.pt videos and all those ads and I think goal4replay is donezo.

bud23

GUYS WAKE UP, ITS TOO EARLY​

• FOR BEDTIME

Its too early? It depends on what happens under the sheets.

Messi, what´s going to happen under your sheets tonight? Hmm, dat Olivia´s fragance is in the air....I can smell it from here...haha.

I´m fucking nervous for no reason, I think I will not sleep more than three hours tonight. Fuck this life.

Btw, where is Pulga? I miss dat cunt :(

Messi

Its too early? It depends on what happens under the sheets.

Messi, what´s going to happen under your sheets tonight? Hmm, dat Olivia´s fragance is in the air....I can smell it from here...haha.

I´m fucking nervous for no reason, I think I will not sleep more than three hours tonight. Fuck this life.

Btw, where is Pulga? I miss dat cunt :(

FURIOUS MASTERBATION OF EPIC PREPORTIONS

Top Bottom