• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Zabojnik

981338-16012023-640-360.png

Uhhh. I don't get it. If we're really playing with one striker only, which we basically never do (well, you know, they don't do shit, but they're *there*), why Peluso and not Asamoah? Peluso is a disaster waiting to happen, he's get yellowed in 15mins tops and likely won't finish the first half. Asamoah may not be in the greatest of shapes right now, but I'd still play him over Peluso.

No player scares me more than Ribery. And I ain't talking about his face here.

I was there in the stands when we last played Bayern at the Alianz. He was destroying our right flank that night. It was a miracle he didn't score in more than one occasion.

Kenka

Thats the spirit, Kenka!
Thanks mate. Being a Bayern sure has its ups and downs !

Its not a problem. I just did it on a spur of the moment.

I am going to Barca vs PSG
I am not aware of what Bla refers to, and I hope it's benign, but how do you dare challenge the most recent ortgeist/hivemind of the thread ? Behave and watch Bayern-Juve like everyone else will.

billgoldbergsuperkickdh5.gif

Blablurn

not bad messi, thats certainly something awesome. too bad the allianz arena is always sold out. would love to watch a game too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Uhhh. I don't get it. If we're really playing with one striker only, which we basically never do (well, you know, they don't do shit, but they're *there*), why Peluso and not Asamoah? Peluso is a disaster waiting to happen, he's get yellowed in 15mins tops and likely won't finish the first half. Asamoah may not be in the greatest of shapes right now, but I'd still play him over Peluso.

Chiellini-Peluso to nullify Robben, in theory at least. IIRC, this is how BVB managed to beat Bayern quite a few times recently.

Still...

Asamoah is a better option even in defending isn't he....

rvy

Banned
Chiellini-Peluso to nullify Robben, in theory at least. IIRC, this is how BVB managed to beat Bayern quite a few times recently.

Still...

You can easily nullify Robben by touching him. He's made of glass.

Messi

not bad messi, thats certainly something awesome. too bad the allianz arena is always sold out. would love to watch a game too.

Holy hell!! That will be a great game.

I hope it will be pretty awesome. Its all but sold out now.

Hate on me if you wish.

This Is The End red band trailer makes me think I'm gonna fucking love it. Looks awesome.

I think it looks amazing, and I like everyone except that harry potter girl.

Feorax

I see a few people on twitter thinking on the same lines as me re Xabi Alonso returning, in that Gerrard is basically fulfilling that role already quite capably.

As awesome as Xabi is, to have him and Stevie in the same team now would create the most static midfield in existence.

Love Xabi, miss him dearly, but we have more urgent probelms.

arkon

I see a few people on twitter thinking on the same lines as me re Xabi Alonso returning, in that Gerrard is basically fulfilling that role already quite capably.

As awesome as Xabi is, to have him and Stevie in the same team now would create the most static midfield in existence.

Love Xabi, miss him dearly, but we have more urgent probelms.

Depends. If he's happy to take a reduced number of games or not always be in the starting lineup he'd be a good addition to the squad. You could rotate him along with Gerrard to keep them both fresh.

Feorax

Depends. If he's happy to take a reduced number of games or not always be in the starting lineup he'd be a good addition to the squad. You could rotate him along with Gerrard to keep them both fresh.

I agree, but he's a world cup winning world-class spanish international. Big ask for him to move from Madrid to a team sitting 7th in the league who won't have CL football next year, and sit on the bench for a good number of games, no matter how much he loves the club.

The rumoured contract offer is £80k a week too. For that money I'd want him starting every game.

Wilbur

Banned
Also I'm missing both games tonight because I'm fucking CLOSING THE FUCKING BACK GRILL WHICH WILL TAKE THREE HOURS FUCK

Wilbur

Banned
I like your chicken, extra spicy. thank you.

Secret: extra hot and hot are the exact same sauces.

The fucking back grill sounds scary.

It's basically a big flat grill where you do burgers/wraps/pitta, halloumi, garlic bread, and then the liver and steak options. Pretty annoying at lunch when everyone wants that instead of chicken on the bone but otherwise it's alright. Just so fucking long to close it all down.

Restaurant closes at half 10 and I won't be out until half 1 at the earliest. Have to stock up fridges, clean the entire grill to make it spotless, clean around it on all surfaces, clean behind the fridge and the chip fryer, filter the oil in the chip fryer, clean the filters above the grill, then mop the floor and take the bins out. /life

Stream the games on your phone!

Can't really :/ not allowed to have my phone out and it'll be busy. I'll just read GAF on my break and when I go for a shit.

Messi

Secret: extra hot and hot are the exact same sauces.

It's basically a big flat grill where you do burgers/wraps/pitta, halloumi, garlic bread, and then the liver and steak options. Pretty annoying at lunch when everyone wants that instead of chicken on the bone but otherwise it's alright. Just so fucking long to close it all down.

Restaurant closes at half 10 and I won't be out until half 1 at the earliest. Have to stock up fridges, clean the entire grill to make it spotless, clean around it on all surfaces, clean behind the fridge and the chip fryer, filter the oil in the chip fryer, clean the filters above the grill, then mop the floor and take the bins out. /life

Can't really :/ not allowed to have my phone out and it'll be busy. I'll just read GAF on my break and when I go for a shit.

ioZJ3Wju5KU1t.gif

OMG I am going to see so many amazing players next week. I am hyped! I know he plays for PSG now but I always wanted to see Ibra play live.

Zabojnik

Still...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Asamoah > Peluso even when it comes to defending.

Slizz

Pretty sure I'm gonna watch Bayern Juve today. It's hard cause I'd like to see Ibra style on Barca, but he probably won't.

madmackem

“I never said I was a fan of Mussolini but for the media it is more easy to make the polemic. I said that after Mussolini no one political man was a patriot or a nationalist because nationalism is not equal to being a Nazi. English people are very proud of their nationalism too; my nationalism means you are proud because you are Italian…

“In Italy if the right or left win the election they don’t think in three or four years time we will give the people a better society… They don’t think tomorrow we are going to work for the people, they think tomorrow we start the publicity for the next election. They have no vision. With Mussolini I’m sure we would have had a better situation, but not in a wrong way, not with a union with the Nazis because I am not a Fascist. Then was a different time, nobody wants war, now we want peace…”

“Black or white or yellow people, gay people, men or women, they can come to my house and be my friend because I am not xenophobic.”

I wonder if the media will run with that, or does it not sell papers or get clicks. Fuck the media shown themselves up for what they are today.

Top Bottom