• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

madmackem

L2luU4Y.jpg

Sounds like a fair line of questioning to me

The questions been answered time and time again, he said it about three times in the interview that it was taken out of context and only part of the interview was actually used. Its all hypocritical the bbc give him his own column last year nothing was said, he took over at swindon and nothing was said. If that wanker milliband hadnt resigned something he was going to do anyway none of this would be happening. That salute was used before the nazis took it, was he wrong to use it given what its came to be used with more than likely, be hes answered all these questions in the past and these issues didnt rear there head. They were putting him forward as a possible west ham manager not long ago and nothing was said then either. Infact id like to thank the media, most of the sunderland fans are behind him all these seeking 15 seconds of fame will be drown out by support im more confident of staying up now than i was three days ago, siege mentality is in full effect now.

The questions been answered time and time again, he said it about three times in the interview that it was taken out of context and only part of the interview was actually used. Its all hypocritical the bbc give him his own column last year nothing was said, he took over at swindon and nothing was said. If that wanker milliband hadnt resigned something he was going to do anyway none of this would be happening. That salute was used before the nazis took it, was he wrong to use it given what its came to be used with more than likely, be hes answered all these questions in the past and these issues didnt rear there head. They were putting him forward as a possible west ham manager not long ago and nothing was said then either. Infact id like to thank the media, most of the sunderland fans are behind him all these seeking 15 seconds of fame will be drown out by support im more confident of staying up now than i was three days ago, siege mentality is in full effect now.

hahahga I am sure he was just paying his respect to the romans, fucking hilarious that anyone is eating up his backpedalling.

arkon

Pretty sure I'm gonna watch Bayern Juve today. It's hard cause I'd like to see Ibra style on Barca, but he probably won't.

It's all about flicking between the channels to see where the action is. Although I will be more focused on the Bayern Juve game.

Yeah I believe Di Canio when he says it was all out of context etc

Wait, no I don't!

And it's not just because he's Sunderland manager either, although that does make it more delicious.

Its called the roman salute and it dates back to 1700s painting, some say it goes back to roman times but no evidence has been found of it before the painting in the 1700s.

Does that even matter one bit when he was clearly not celebrating Roman history, but doing the Nazi salute to the Nazio fans?

Of course it's only because he's a Sunderland coach though, poor victimized club.

Di Canio is now personally responsible for improving knowledge of 20th century ultra-nationalism, Roman history and Roman art in the North East by like a million percent.

Meier

Its so blatant its funny.

Did Kompany even have to make one tackle vs Newcastle? But he scored so boom.
He actually did play fantastically well in general. I was impressed. I think getting the game in for Belgium helped despite Roberto's bitching.

The standard for Valencia is lower than for the rest obv
It probably is after his performances this season.

That sais, it was definitly his best performance. He took on players a number of times in the game, something he really hasn't done this season. He was also less wasteful. Crosses were still a bit rubbish though.

madmackem

Yeah I believe Di Canio when he says it was all out of context etc

Wait, no I don't!

And it's not just because he's Sunderland manager either, although that does make it more delicious.

I dont really give a fuck tbh, if he is or isnt. Hes a footballer manager we are in a free country he has a right to beliefs and religion just like everyone else. I love how the outrage is about how he might have beliefs different to ours isnt that what we fought the nazis and others like them in the past. If he does lean that way as long as he doesnt force his beliefs on anyone else i couldnt give a monkey.

kharma45

I dont really give a fuck tbh, if he is or isnt. Hes a footballer manager we are in a free country he has a right to beliefs and religion just like everyone else. I love how the outrage is about how he might have beliefs different to ours isnt that what we fought the nazis and others like them in the past. If he does lean that way as long as he doesnt force his beliefs on anyone else i couldnt give a monkey.

Exactly right, that's democracy.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree to be honest. If he's a fascist, he's a fascist. But as long as it doesn't affect his footballing decisions, i.e. not selecting black players or players who oppose him politically, then whatever. Mackem's right in saying no one gave a fuck when he was at Swindon.

Of course it's a barbaric belief to have, but as long as he keeps it away from football then whatever, I don't give a fuck. Same with players who are unfaithful to wives, or get in fights off the pitch. It's only when for instance Barton is a thug on it, or Terry is racist on it where I give a fuck.

Arnie

Whether we bring Xabi home and push Ste forwards, or lump on Eriksen, I'm not fussed. Rodgers knows what to do, I trust him to do it.

Ill spaff my pants either way, we all know it.

Thoroughly bored of this Di Canio nonsense. Let's see how they do on the football pitch, then people can talk about Paulo Di Canio.

Clegg

From what I've read Erikson's development has stalled at Ajax and he hasn't yet turned into the player that his coaches thought he would.

He's still only 21 though.

I agree to be honest. If he's a fascist, he's a fascist. But as long as it doesn't affect his footballing decisions, i.e. not selecting black players or players who oppose him politically, then whatever. Mackem's right in saying no one gave a fuck when he was at Swindon.

Of course it's a barbaric belief to have, but as long as he keeps it away from football then whatever, I don't give a fuck. Same with players who are unfaithful to wives, or get in fights off the pitch. It's only when for instance Barton is a thug on it, or Terry is racist on it where I give a fuck.

I don't disagree with that he can do whatever he wants off the pitch. But trying to spin that Nazi salute as anything but a Nazi salute is fucking hysterical and I understand supporters of the club not wanting to support him as a manager, a perfectly valid reason to dislike him but of course he should be able to manage a club if they want him.

Meier

I like the cast apart from that Baruchel bloke. Who I have never heard of.
Hah, it was originally called Jay and Seth vs The Apocalypse but Jay got squeezed out a bit. I like him a lot -- really funny actor. He is the voice of the main character in How to Train Your Dragon in addition to his live action stuff. Great flick.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't disagree with that. But trying to spin that Nazi salute as anything but a Nazi salute is fucking hysterical and I understand supporters of the club not wanting to support him as a manager.

Oh yeah, of course it was a fascist salute :lol

If he was English would he be called Paul Dickens?

madmackem

I cant believe this has taken the heat off the whole football side of things though, pretty bonkers might be a good thing. I like what he has said, the fitness of the first team has been utter utter insane, puffing out there arses by 60 minutes, simply not good enough. Titus bramble carrying 3 stone of puppy weight its a disgrace mon let them get off like that. He wasnt up here at training till a thursday his eye wasnt fully on the job.

Arnie

I cant believe this has taken the heat off the whole football side of things though, pretty bonkers might be a good thing. I like what he has said, the fitness of the first team has been utter utter insane, puffing out there arses by 60 minutes, simply not good enough. Titus bramble carrying 3 stone of puppy weight its a disgrace mon let them get off like that. He wasnt up here at training till a thursday his eye wasnt fully on the job.
Didn't he impose double training sessions at Swindon? Expect him to give Titus triple.

Its not a nazi thing mate, if it was anything its a Fascist which isnt a nazi salute.

When the fans on the other side of that image got these :

amZ4hXD.jpg
DMtRi3M.jpg

You have to wonder if there isn't some sympathy there... “Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses” against Roma (known for their Jewish support) is probably not connected to the Nazis either, funnily enough the same team Di Canio did the salute against.

HPELIj7.jpg

Anyway I'm not going to bother keeping this up, he knew full well what and why he was doing it against Roma, even if against the very Italian law. I am actually kind of excited for the hilarity he will no doubt bring.

madmackem

Didn't he impose double training sessions at Swindon? Expect him to give Titus triple.

He did mate, only one day off etc, dont know how that will fly with so called premiership players but at this point i dont care i hope he shoots a rocket up them. We have been a soft touch all season, no fight fitness out the window. Hurts to say it too as nearly all sunderland fans wanted mon to do well here more than any other manager. Could PDC be our keegan who knows but what was going on had to stop.

Feorax

From what I've read Erikson's development has stalled at Ajax and he hasn't yet turned into the player that his coaches thought he would.

He's still only 21 though.

This was also true of Sturridge and Coutinho before they signed. Both have come on leaps and bounds, even if they are far from the finished article.

Kyoufu

One thing you can be certain of is he will whip the boys in shape. If they don't comply, they're out.

This is definitely better than MON still being there.

Hixx

Thing is Wilbury if you read about him and listen to those who know him better than the absolute fuckwits who have latched on to one quote, he's not what you and I think of when we think of fascism. I've spent pretty much all of my free time since he was appointed researching him and his beliefs. Those who were in Mumble with me when he was appointed will know how I felt when it was announced.

His agent and (reportedly) best friend is Jewish.
His best mates in his days as a player in the UK were Hislop, Sinclair, Powell.
He supports immigration, those who make an attempt to integrate themselves to their new country.
He declared Mussolini's turn towards the Nazi's and their take of fascism and his subsequent actions as 'vile'.

He is a dick. He is fucking mental. He has done some incredibly stupid things. None of his defenders are making him out to be an angel. However on the other side of the coin those who suddenly have a problem with him and making out like he is Mussolini himself re-incarnate and it's fucking pathetic.

And then there's people like Woodenlung who think because he did the salute he's a fully integrated member of some Italian Fascist party who hates Jews and wants another round of genocide.

Fucking hell.

Hixx

And just as I post, Miliband has been saying that di Canio isn't a racist or a fascist.

Nice one David, you fucking bellend.

And then there's people like Woodenlung who think because he did the salute he's a fully integrated member of some Italian Fascist party who hates Jews and wants another round of genocide.

:lol

Read my posts again for fucks sake, I never said that so stick the stickman arguments up your ass, but he was doing that salute against Roma of all teams well knowing what shit it would cause, with a crowd full of Nazi sympathizers.

kharma45

Thing is Wilbury if you read about him and listen to those who know him better than the absolute fuckwits who have latched on to one quote, he's not what you and I think of when we think of fascism. I've spent pretty much all of my free time since he was appointed researching him and his beliefs. Those who were in Mumble with me when he was appointed will know how I felt when it was announced.

His agent and (reportedly) best friend is Jewish.
His best mates in his days as a player in the UK were Hislop, Sinclair, Powell.
He supports immigration, those who make an attempt to integrate themselves to their new country.
He declared Mussolini's turn towards the Nazi's and their take of fascism and his subsequent actions as 'vile'.

He is a dick. He is fucking mental. He has done some incredibly stupid things. None of his defenders are making him out to be an angel. However on the other side of the coin those who suddenly have a problem with him and making out like he is Mussolini himself re-incarnate and it's fucking pathetic.

Fucking hell.

Yeah Football Weekly sum this up quite well http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ball-weekly-podcast-sunderland-paolo-di-canio

madmackem

When the fans on the other side of that image got these :

amZ4hXD.jpg
DMtRi3M.jpg

You have to wonder if there isn't some sympathy there... “Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses” against Roma (known for their Jewish support) is probably not connected to the Nazis either, funnily enough the same team Di Canio did the salute against.

HPELIj7.jpg

Anyway I'm not going to bother keeping this up, he knew full well what and why he was doing it against Roma, even if against the very Italian law. I am actually kind of excited for the hilarity he will no doubt bring.

I dont really care mate, hes answered the question its good enough for me, he wouldnt be the first to fuck up remember bosnich at white heart lane and his plea he didnt know a large base of spurs fans were jewish. I wouldnt hold it against anyone we have all done stupid shit in the heat of the moment.

Top Bottom