• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Bayern were quite lucky that Juve were so bad.

Bayern played exceptionally well to be fair to them

You are right though in that you'd expect Juve to do something, regardless of how well Bayern played. Don't recall Quagliarella or Matri even touching the ball, and don't think Pirlo did anything productive either. Only time I've ever seen Pirlo more of a hindrance than a help to his team

edit: The title to the Bioshock Infinite spoiler thread is dangerously easily mistaken for the OT

Timurid

Bayern played exceptionally well to be fair to them

You are right though in that you'd expect Juve to do something, regardless of how well Bayern played. Don't recall Quagliarella or Matri even touching the ball, and don't think Pirlo did anything productive either. Only time I've ever seen Pirlo more of a hindrance than a help to his team

edit: The title to the Bioshock Infinte thread is dangerously easily mistaken for the OT

Juve are shit. 4-2-3-1>3-5-2 all day long!

You can't win in europe with a 3-5-2.

GorillaJu

Pirlo was really poor last night. He never set the tempo of the game and a lot of his Hollywood passes went wayward by a large margin.

Juve also afforded Bayern way too much space in front of the defense. You'd need to be tighter in those areas because that's where Bayern excel, but for all their running around and hard work, Juve just couldn't do enough to cut off supply to Ribery and Mandzukic, who were both excellent. Alaba was often playing as an attacking midfielder because of how much space he was afforded.

It's ok Juve bros, you'll take this to penalties and we all know how easy it is to beat Bayern at penalties.

i think the fault lies with conte. pirlo was too isolated and juve had an extra useless man at front, and there was way too much space in midfield which allowed the backline to be easily stretched. he should have went with some variation of 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

pirlo always plays bad unless he has support and space. this is why he was so mediocre during his final season with us (our midfielders had gotten really old by that point and couldn't carry water for him anymore.) you can't just leave him isolated in the middle and hope he pulls magic out of his ass.

Lightning

Banned
The only way Juve can get back into this is get an early home goal and keep Bayern scoreless. It can be done for Juve but I never saw enough creative spark from them to suggest they have what it takes to get back into this tie. They deseperately needed that away goal and they never looked like scoring it.

FootballFan

The only way Juve can get back into this is get an early home goal and keep Bayern scoreless. It can be done for Juve but I never saw enough creative spark from them to suggest they have what it takes to get back into this tie. They deseperately needed that away goal and they never looked like scoring it.

Barca looked clueless and lost away 2-0 in the first leg of last round too.

Don't forget how shit Bayern were against Arsenal in the second game and how good Juve can be.

REMUNTADA JUBENTUS

Lightning

Banned
Barca looked clueless and lost away 2-0 in the first leg of last round too.

Don't forget how shit Bayern were against Arsenal in the second game and how good Juve can be.

REMUNTADA JUBENTUS
You can't be serious? Barca have Inestia, Fabregas, Tello, Pedro, Sanchez, Messi etc..... Juventus haven't got close to this firepower and Vidal is out of the 2nd leg. The fact we went to Bayern and beat them only makes things worse for Juve as Bayern will remember what we did to them and will work harder to avoid it happening again.

Not saying its impossible but Juve have a mountain to climb with hardly any creative players to do it and no away goal to help them.

FootballFan

You can't be serious? Barca have Inestia, Fabregas, Tello, Pedro, Sanchez, Messi etc..... Juventus haven't got close to this firepower and Vidal is out of the 2nd leg. The fact we went to Bayern and beat them only makes things worse for Juve as Bayern will remember what we did to them and will work harder to avoid it happening again.

Not saying its impossible but Juve have a mountain to climb with hardly any creative players to do it and no away goal to help them.

I'll reply to this post after the second leg.

FootballFan

Indeed.

Also, why was Valdes bashed for the PSG goals? The first one was miles offside and he couldn't do anything about it and the 2nd goal took a horror late deflection. Do Barca fans just look for someone to blame?

I don't know, I tried to argue for him during the game but was ignored. Barely any "Buffoon" posts after Buffon does much worse for both goals, but many loldes' for Valdes conceding an offside goal and a deflected shot.

Alaba's was also deflected but it was, what, 15 meters further than Matuidi's? And it even was a slower shot, so slow it bounced 20 times towards the goal.

We all know he isn't Casillas but I don't blame him for the goals against PSG. In fact, he played very well. I cbf finding my post but at half time I said he was the only one playing good.

Bartra should have either let the shot go or if he is making contact he has to be sure it won't be deflected towards goal. He'll learm..I hope. But if anyone is to blame for the second goal, I would blame him.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Finally getting around to watching the Bayern - Juve game. Robben, lol

-Valdes just makes stupid faces and has bad body language.

He also rushes refs so it's easy to hate him. Still, I couldn't see Casillas give up a goal like that

Salazar

Yo Andres

Dat OL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raaab2Xjo9M

And Mewis + LeRoux

6Hu6pyt.gif

Lightning

Banned
Finally getting around to watching the Bayern - Juve game. Robben, lol

-Valdes just makes stupid faces and has bad body language.

He also rushes refs so it's easy to hate him. Still, I couldn't see Casillas give up a goal like that
Valdes is a first class twat. He's one of the biggest cunts in a team full of cunts but he wasn't to blame for the goals.

You couldn't see Casillas giving up a goal like that? Have you seen some of the goals conceded from Casillas screwing up? Just ask Madrid fans what they thought of Casillas up until December this year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's possible to come back from two goals behind at home (Chelses 3-0'd) but not without Vidal and Lichtsteiner. I suppose we can use Pogba in the middle but we still have no replacement for Licht except for Isla and..Padoin(?). And they're absolute shite.

Good luck.

Adios.

PS. Tell Yurt and Zabo I love them. Fry? Not so much.

PPS. LOL at Sunderland. Fascist in charge. Inexcusable, even if he doesn't it bring onto the pitch (like he did for Lazio)
YENROT

We love you too baby.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-consider-re-signing-song-24484/?

That's the sort of article that infuriates me. There is nothing in there, nothing anywhere, that remotely indicates that we're interested in re-signing Alex Song. Song made his bed, he pushed his way to the door, now it's failed for him at Barca but money is his main objective so he can bugger off to PSG or Russia. We have bigger problems and Alex Song won't solve any of them.

Lightning

Banned
LETS GO MALAGA
FUCK OFF. Why you against Dortmund? Bayern and Dortmund hold the fort for German football so you should not be cheering for 3 La Liga teams in the semis.

Dortmund to win it!

Question: Would you rather be in Arsenal's XI or warm Barca's bench, while earning more money.
Personally be in Arsenal's XI where I am progressing and respected. He's nothing to Barca, he means nothing to them and his progression as a player has stopped. I understand why he done it though, just I wouldn't have done that. I may have left but not to Barca, very little chance to succeed there. Even Cesc and Sanchez can't succeed there. What chance did Song have?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I doubt Galatasaray have a chance against Madrid since they'll be playing against the officials as well.

Just hope Bayern can beat Madrid again. Please

I guess Messi is seeing the doctors today. I hope we get good news :|

Nyx

Kroos is out for the season btw! :(

Robben doesn't mind.

Oh and regarding Victor Valdes, yesterday I read that several people (Frans Hoek, former goalkeeper coach at Barca, and Michael Laudrup) have put in a good word for..... Michel Vorm as a replacement.

Suen

I doubt Galatasaray have a chance against Madrid since they'll be playing against the officials as well.

Just hope Bayern can beat Madrid again. Please

I guess Messi is seeing the doctors today. I hope we get good news :|
And Barca doesn't have the same advantage at Camp Nou? lololol

Our cunts don't at least hide their shitty actions and stay standing on the ground whereas Barca players (except Messi and Puyol) can't even withstand the breeze from making them fall, while surrounding the ref like ants in some fucking ant colony for every ref decision against them.

Barca sucks bro, Atletico too. Forza Parma!

Suen

:lol Le dicen Dive Maria for a reason bro.

Ronnie dives quite a bit as well. Then you have a thug that also dives in Pepe
FakeRonaldo and Di Maria don't dive more than the average player these days and if anything they've toned down on it this season.

Pepe is the only one I'd agree with but the whole football world knows Pepe trolls when he dives and when not he's one of our primary sources for red cards, he sure isn't subtle when he goes in his thug mode which is why not even most Madrid fans complain when the ref tells him to fuck off :p

Kozak

Banned

Galatasaray don't have a chance against Madrid because they only know how to play attacking football.

Good in the Turkish League when everyone but the Istanbul teams are miles behind in quality.

But I have hope.. Madrid could play really bad.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hopefully Diego Lopez chokes like Valdes tomorrow and Yilmaz and Drogba can light him up. Unfortunately you have that mutant Varane :(

The match is in Madrid right?

-That Gala kit is class. I use it on my ultimate team in FIFA lol

Damn, James getting hurt ruined Porto and Colombia's seasons (they're showing Málaga highlights)

Business

iHmwm1UQuM70C.gif

An offsides goal by a player who had no business even being on the field, nice going Platini.

Seriously you look at this gif and makes you wonder what are the ref, the linesman, and that other guy on the goal line doing. I want to think they are blind.

Blablurn

Seriously you look at this gif and makes you wonder what are the ref, the linesman, and that other guy on the goal line doing. I want to think they are blind.

the sideline referee is like the worst nowadays. they just stand there and look. even mandzukic was a little offside at the second goal yesterday. still, they didnt see anything. refs in general are bad these days. that british ref yesterday was just awful. and apparently also the germans at the barca game. we need collina back!

FootballFan

the sideline referee is like the worst nowadays. they just stand there and look. even mandzukic was a little offside at the second goal yesterday. still, they didnt see anything. refs in general are bad these days. that british ref yesterday was just awful. and apparently also the germans at the barca game. we need collina back!

Have you ever seen those refs next to the goal do anything? Anyone? I've seriously never seen them make a call. So stupid.

Have you ever seen those refs next to the goal do anything? Anyone? I've seriously never seen them make a call. So stupid.

Well to be fair it's not up to them to judge offsides, that is pretty damn hard in their position. But yeah they seem to have had a negative effect more than anything else, as the main ref will now rely on them when players gets taken down in the box but they 98% of the times are too big pussies to actually judge anything.

The one time I have seem them do something was of course against Copenhagen when Rubin Kazan got a penalty lol. :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Beckham was terrible today but his hair was fantastic. What kind of product does he use?

-Mandzukic is awesome. What country is he from again?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It wasn't 'little' to be fair :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Yugoslavia should make a comeback just for football.

I'd be ok with the old, old Colombia as well. Give me Rondon and some of those Ecuatoriano players as well.

-lol I saw that pic yesterday. I thought, 'man, brah didn't even win 1st place and he's grabbing her ass. My hero'

It wasn't 'little' to be fair :(

It was incredibly close if you look at where the defender's left leg is. Even from pausing the tv replay now I'm not 100% sure because of the camera angle. Robben in front of the linesman doesn't make it easy either. I don't see how he can be sure that's offside, so he can't really give it.

Battenburg was terrible though. He should not be refereeing at this level.

Linius

Valdes saved our ass that moment when two of our players were lying on the ground so Ibra wasn't offside at close range. And I wouldn't blame him entirely for the 2-2 either, a world class keeper may have got it but the deflection clearly had a huge influence on the ball.

Top Bottom