• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Blablurn

73145_518059704919616_1039901299_n.jpg

heh

:lol

Razor554

"Messi, subbed off yesterday, would be out for maximum 10 days, and would not yet been ruled out for the return game against PSG."

Great news since all rumors until now has been saying it's gonna be 3+weeks recovery time. Not so great news for Barca haters tho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/73145_518059704919616_1039901299_n.jpg[IMG]

heh[/QUOTE]

One of the teams knocked you out twice in hilarious fashion.

[IMG]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2011/3/15/1300231128360/Goran-Pandev-007.jpg

We had a bad day and we're clearly better than that.

"Messi, subbed off yesterday, would be out for maximum 10 days, and would not yet been ruled out for the return game against PSG."

Great news since all rumors until now has been 3+weeks recovery time. Not so great news for Barca haters tho.

I see he has gotten his special treatment already.

Kenka

y u guys hate bayern :(

It's fun to make fun of teenagers who are not aware of their worth and are anxious at never be crowned champions in any meaningful competition. Furthermore, it's even funnier when their angst push them to mediocrity, and reinforce in turn their frustration. You wouldn't want them to fail for the lulz ?

Clegg

United have been scouting Porto matches again.

It's thought that our main targets could be James, Jackson Martinez or Eliaquim Mangala.

Blablurn

It's fun to make fun of teenagers who are not aware of their worth and are anxious at never be crowned champions in any meaningful competition. Furthermore, it's even funnier when their angst push them to mediocrity, and reinforce in turn their frustration. You wouldn't want them to fail for the lulz ?

no :( i would like to hug them!

Blablurn

the fastest champions league goals!

translation help: Who, played for, after, against

1. Roy Makaay am 7. März 2007 für Bayern München nach 10,12 Sekunden gegen Real Madrid

2. Jonas am 1. November 2011 für den FC Valencia nach 10,84 gegen Bayer Leverkusen

3. Gilberto Silva am 25. September 2002 für den FC Arsenal nach 20,06 Sekunden beim PSV Eindhoven

4. Alessandro Del Piero am 1. Oktover 1997 für Juventus Turin nach 20,11 Sekunden bei Manchester United

5. Clarence Seedorf am 28. September 2005 für den AC Mailand nach 21,20 Sekunden bei Schalke 04

6. Alexandre Pato für AC Mailand am 13. September 2011 nach 24,00 Sekunden gegen den FC Barcelona (2:2)

7. David Alaba für den FC Bayern am 2. April 2013 nach 25,02 Sekunden gegen Juventus Turin (2:0)

8. Marek Kincl für Rapid Wien am 2. November 2005 nach 25,20 Sekunden gegen den FC Brügge (2:3)

9. Dejan Stankovic für Inter Mailand am 5. April 2011 nach 25,54 Sekunden gegen FC Schalke 04 (2:5)

10. Mariano Bombarda für Willem II am 20. Oktober 1999 nach 28,21 Sekunden gegen Sparta Prag (3:4)

Nyx

the fastest champions league goals!

translation help: Who, played for, after, against

1. Roy Makaay am 7. März 2007 für Bayern München nach 10,12 Sekunden gegen Real Madrid

2. Jonas am 1. November 2011 für den FC Valencia nach 10,84 gegen Bayer Leverkusen

3. Gilberto Silva am 25. September 2002 für den FC Arsenal nach 20,06 Sekunden beim PSV Eindhoven

4. Alessandro Del Piero am 1. Oktover 1997 für Juventus Turin nach 20,11 Sekunden bei Manchester United

5. Clarence Seedorf am 28. September 2005 für den AC Mailand nach 21,20 Sekunden bei Schalke 04

6. Alexandre Pato für AC Mailand am 13. September 2011 nach 24,00 Sekunden gegen den FC Barcelona (2:2)

7. David Alaba für den FC Bayern am 2. April 2013 nach 25,02 Sekunden gegen Juventus Turin (2:0)

8. Marek Kincl für Rapid Wien am 2. November 2005 nach 25,20 Sekunden gegen den FC Brügge (2:3)

9. Dejan Stankovic für Inter Mailand am 5. April 2011 nach 25,54 Sekunden gegen FC Schalke 04 (2:5)

10. Mariano Bombarda für Willem II am 20. Oktober 1999 nach 28,21 Sekunden gegen Sparta Prag (3:4)

Lol @ Bombarda and Willem II in the CL....

elseanio

Brent or Rodgers (from http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/quiz/2013/apr/02/brendan-rodgers-david-brent-quotes-quiz)

I got 9/10 haha

vB4q93R.jpg

1. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

Correct answer: Brendan Rodgers

2. “It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo. If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different.”

Correct answer: David Brent........

3. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

4. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

5. “If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.”

6. “Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.”

7. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

8. “I like to use a quote: Per aspera ad astra, which is Latin for 'through adversity to the stars.'”

9. “A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours or just half of someone else’s?”

10. “I am not a power freak.”

correct answer: Brendan Rodgers

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Question about GoT's first episode:

Am I supposed to know that guy at the end? All the old guys look the same to me. :p

Brent or Rodgers (from http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/quiz/2013/apr/02/brendan-rodgers-david-brent-quotes-quiz)

I got 9/10 haha

vB4q93R.jpg

1. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

2. “It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo. If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different.”

3. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

4. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

5. “If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.”

6. “Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.”

7. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

8. “I like to use a quote: Per aspera ad astra, which is Latin for 'through adversity to the stars.'”

9. “A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours or just half of someone else’s?”

10. “I am not a power freak.”

correct answer: Brendan Rodgers

:lol

Sorry Morsel, but Brentan is just too much.

What the fuck.

Wake up.

Messi

Based Messi is healing himself for my arrival.

What are the chances that Abidal plays at the weekend and the plays bs PSG at CB. As Masch, Puyol are out leaving only Piqué and Bartra

Slizz

Am I supposed to know that guy at the end? All the old guys look the same to me. :p

Yeah you are, apparently in the book it does a better job conveying the impact of him showing up.

He's the guy
At the end of last season who threw his sword down and left Jofferys kingdom; from wiki:

The hooded man pulls back his cloack and reveals his face. Dany doesn’t know him, but Jorah clearly recognizes him (and so do we, since they helpfully included his dismissal from the Kingsguard in the previouslies.) Mormont tells Dany that the man is Barristan Selmy, one of the greatest fighters in the Seven Kingdoms and also the Commander of the usurper Robert Baratheon’s Kingsguard.

Arnie

Rodgers hate's hilarious.

The analogy about the aircraft is a perfect example. It makes complete sense, but because Rodgers said it, suddenly it's 'too much'. Jurgen Klopp makes an almost identical analogy in an interview with the BBC, and he's showered with praise for his personality.

It's easy to jump on the bandwagon, and I see a lot of you have. Hixx did have legitimate complaints last season when Rodgers made some ridiculous comments about Sunderland, but his hypocrisy glistened when he began fellating Di Canio for referring to himself in the third person.

A manager with personality is better than one without, for me. Manager's need personality. If Jurgen Klopp talks about playing with heart, it's a wonderful comment, because he manages Dortmund and GAF loves them. Rodgers talks about hope and suddenly he's a twat. Mostly because he manages Liverpool.

Kozak

Banned

He was the Captain of the Kingsguard until Joffrey denounced him because he was "too old".

The Kingsguard is a sworn oath and a brotherhood like the Nights Watch. You don't just get "sacked. He had his honour absolutely shit on.

Top Bottom