• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Fry

579822_641245372558824_114390862_n.jpg

Kyoufu

You had pretty much the same team as last season, and then you spent money and didn't really improve, so maybe the solution isn't to spend more money.

That's false.

We've had our academy this season.

Remember Ben Arfa? He has barely played this season. Cabaye was out for a chunk. Ba was sold.

Injuries really cost us.

That's false.

We've had our academy this season.

Remember Ben Arfa? He has barely played this season. Cabaye was out for a chunk. Ba was sold.

Injuries really cost us.
Last season you had 5/6 maybe more players playing at their best level, in some cases perhaps behind their level.

Wasnt sustainable.

Hixx

Every team has injuries man.

Of course, but some have a squad better able to cope with them than others.

It's a squad game. Newcastle aren't 15th or wherever because of injuries it's because their squad isn't very good. Like everyone else in that part of the league.

You can't use it is an excuse. Every team wishes they had a bigger and stronger squad.

Lame excuse for people clutching at straws.

Why not just say you are shit? Because that's what it boils down to.

Messi

Messi said on a short post on his official Facebook page: "I will return soon, thankfully it was not so serious. We are so sorry for Masche [team-mate Javier Mascherano], we will give our support he returns as soon as possible."

Yay, good news

arkon

It's a squad game. Newcastle aren't 15th or wherever because of injuries it's because their squad isn't very good. Like everyone else in that part of the league.

You can't use it is an excuse. Every team wishes they had a bigger and stronger squad.

Nothing in my statement suggests otherwise with regards to Newcastle, it's merely sugarcoated.

In general, I agree with that. Sometimes events conspire though,a nd you're truly fucked over by injuries, like when we beat Arsenal last season and about 8 of their first 11 were injured

dc89

Carlos Tevez has been sentenced to 250 hours community service, £1,000 fine and ban for further 6 months for driving while disqualified & without insurance.

Carlos Tevez has been sentenced to 250 hours community service, £1,000 fine and ban for further 6 months for driving while disqualified & without insurance.

Deary me.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Breaking: Carlos Tevez handed community order with a period of unpaid work for 250 hours for driving while disqualified...

Dan Roan ‏@danroan

Tevez also handed fresh 6 month disqualification starting from today. Fine of £1000 for driving without insurance

lolercopters

Edit: dc in 5... 4... 3...

Hashim³⁰ ‏@Hashim0307 1m
Manchester United offered €35 mill for James Rodríguez, but it was rejected by Porto, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Hamez is coming.

Clegg

A Liverpool supporting friend was telling me he's convinced Fergie will retire at the end of the season. He said Fergie would want to go out on top and winning United's 20th title would be the perfect way to go.

But I'm not so sure tbh. I think SAF desperately wants another crack at the Champions League. You know he'll feel hard done by the nature of our defeat to Madrid. I also think he wants to leave a young squad for the new manager to have when he takes over. I think he's going to look for a few talented young players in the summer and have one more go at the CL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hashim³⁰ ‏@Hashim0307 1m
Manchester United offered €35 mill for James Rodríguez, but it was rejected by Porto, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Hamez is coming.

Follow Gianluca Di Marzio btw. Probably the only reliable account on twitter.

Rumor that we're interested in de Bruyne. Would love that, would be great for us.

That said, I don't know why a Dutch newspaper would have serious information about a German club being interested in a Belgian player loaned from an English club.

Blablurn

Rumor that we're interested in de Bruyne. Would love that, would be great for us.

That said, I don't know why a Dutch newspaper would have serious information about a German club being interested in a Belgian player loaned from an English club.

he will be big in a few years

Clegg

Hashim³⁰ ‏@Hashim0307 1m

Hamez is coming.

That was reported a few weeks ago wasn't it?

If United had a 35m offer rejected I can't see us offering much more. Unless we give 35m plus Ando.

spidye

where would you put him? I mean he's a great talent but dortmund has a better player on every position he can play

where would you put him? I mean he's a great talent but dortmund has a better player on every position he can play

I think either Leitner or Bittencourt will get a loan spell next season, doesn't really make sense to keep both with such little playtime with clubs like Hanover, Bremen or Stuttgart (fuck them, though) interested in them.

So, we have: Großkreutz, Reus, Götze, Kuba and Leitner/Bittencourt as attacking midfielders/wingers. It's obvious that's not enough. With de Bruyne, a more often used fake 9 system would be possible, too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-GAF, I still love you. #FUCKHEYNCKES.

Bayern fucked up and collapsed too many times for us to lose hope now.

We'll go out, rvy, but not without a nice little parting gift shoved up their arrogant asses in Italy.

El Tigre

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while.

Just wondering is it ok to post surveys on this forum?

I'm working on a business plan and I need feedback from footballers (soccer players here in Canada).

spidye

Bayern fucked up and collapsed too many times for us to lose hope now.

We'll go out, rvy, but not without a nice little parting gift shoved up their arrogant asses in Italy.

wat? you used to be cool

I think either Leitner or Bittencourt will get a loan spell next season, doesn't really make sense to keep both with such little playtime with clubs like Hanover, Bremen or Stuttgart (fuck them, though) interested in them.

So, we have: Großkreutz, Reus, Götze, Kuba and Leitner/Bittencourt as attacking midfielders/wingers. It's obvious that's not enough. With de Bruyne, a more often used fake 9 system would be possible, too.

would make sense when lewandowski leaves next year. right now reus and götze should be the starting AM's. can he play on the wing too? I haven't seen much of bremen this season.

Top Bottom