• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Why is Torres wearing a mask anyway? I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was for psychological reasons (that he himself doesn't believe Fernando Torres can score, so when he wears a mask he feels like a different person), though I'm sure there's a medical reason, or at least it's the official stance.

He got kicked in the face against Steua in the Europa League. Broke his nose. I hope he never takes it off.

Kyoufu

The first fight (at 0:00) is my favorite one ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S4sb_XvrUQ

edit: found a gif

Double-Fake-Headbutt.gif

I can't stop laughing.

This is amazing. Hahaha.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Why is Torres wearing a mask anyway? I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was for psychological reasons (that he himself doesn't believe Fernando Torres can score, so when he wears a mask he feels like a different person), though I'm sure there's a medical reason, or at least it's the official stance.

I thought the same thing. He might as well switch to this:

chris-o-donnell-as-robin-dick-grayson-in.jpg

Salazar

Don't know why Ferguson imagined that Giggs lumping balls over the top for RVP was going to work against

a) big fucker who heads it away Kompany
b) thick but unimaginably speedy fucker Clichy
c) hard case Zabaleta
d) I dunno what Nastasic does, but he's no mug

GorillaJu

Don't know why Ferguson imagined that Giggs lumping balls over the top for RVP was going to work against

a) big fucker who heads it away Kompany
b) thick but unimaginably speedy fucker Clichy
c) hard case Zabaleta
d) I dunno what Nastasic does, but he's no mug

Maybe he was banking on the real weak point, which is at the Hart of City's defense.

Masked Torres' form has been pretty good. Seems like he's been trying harder lately and has actually managed to produce a thing or two.

He is making a good case for him to stay next season. I hope we give him the chance, cause as much as I hate him when he is doing shit I can't help but love him when he hits his tiny bits of form. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Torres be amazing week in week out in a blue shirt! I think we can have Ba/Torres/Lukaku/whoever we sign it will be a good versatile front line we could have. I'm not even sure we will sign another striker at this rate.

GorillaJu

He is making a good case for him to stay next season. I hope we give him the chance, cause as much as I hate him when he is doing shit I can't help but love him when he hits his tiny bits of form. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Torres be amazing week in week out in a blue shirt! I think we can have Ba/Torres/Lukaku/whoever we sign it will be a good versatile front line we could have. I'm not even sure we will sign another striker at this rate.

I want to be bitter when I see this shit but then I think it must feel so much worse to be an Arsenal fan and read United fans bashing RVP for not continuing his form. At least Suarez filled Torres' void right quickly.

3BARZ1.jpg

I am sure I am dc'ing again. But this kit is sexual. Apparently Barca are going with a new 3rd kit as the away kit from the upcoming season is too similar to the current away kit.

Edit: 3 new barca kits this season. I might just go masturbate to celebrate.

It will be sexy to see Neymar in it. You know he's coming this Summer. You just know it.

qindarka

Banned

Let's not fall into that trap again. He was in better form at the end of last season and isn't ever going to come good. If we can get rid of him, we definitely should.

didn't he also do pretty well this time last season too? He's like the anti-RVP
I honestly can't remember. He's so up and down it's hard to keep track.

I was a Torres apologist for some time. Then I wavered and basically gave up on him. However, I think I've always been fair. There have been many games where he doesn't score but does put a good shift in. I know many disagree, but a good team performance that leads to goals is as important to me as if he had of scored himself. It all counts.

He has looked bright recently -- although I wouldn't put money on him staying that way -- and whilst I'd certainly be happy if we went out and bought another forward, I wouldn't be particularly bothered if we stuck with Ba, Torres and Lukaku. We already get plenty of goals from elsewhere too.

As bad as Torres has been at times, I still think he's generally given a harder time than he deserves. And like yourself, the idea of him being at his best, to me, is almost worth not giving up on him.

FootballFan

looooooool our defense is fucked. Varane & Lopez, save us.

Oh no Ramos and Pepe aren't playing. Gala will have a field day!

Yeah no. Gala probably won't even score against you guys. Most boring tie of the round.

3BARZ1.jpg

I am sure I am dc'ing again. But this kit is sexual. Apparently Barca are going with a new 3rd kit as the away kit from the upcoming season is too similar to the current away kit.

Edit: 3 new barca kits this season. I might just go masturbate to celebrate.

Lovely kit. <3

haha, like I would even bother checking any GAF |OT|. Most of the members on these forums think they could get paid to be critics. Bunch of fucking morons honestly.

Awesome post Awesome.

This is the best cause... #fuckbayern

ibfY2HQhS2qZ87.gif

Wow.. dirty Real Madrid cunt. Typical.

lol

This reminds me of when Valdes knees N'Doye(?) in the face.

He was just jumping to get to the ball. Not his fault N'Doye runs into him like a fool. And yes, you do lift your knee when you jump up high to get the ball.

I know because rugby players do it and I get stuck watching that shit sometimes. So don't doubt me or else. It was outside the box so he couldn't use his hands either. Typical diving copenhagen player.

Let's not fall into that trap again. He was in better form at the end of last season and isn't ever going to come good. If we can get rid of him, we definitely should.

I honestly can't remember. He's so up and down it's hard to keep track.

I was a Torres apologist for some time. Then I wavered and basically gave up on him. However, I think I've always been fair. There have been many games where he doesn't score but does put a good shift in. I know many disagree, but a good team performance that leads to goals is as important to me as if he had of scored himself. It all counts.

He has looked bright recently -- although I wouldn't put money on him staying that way -- and whilst I'd certainly be happy if we went out and bought another forward, I wouldn't be particularly bothered if we stuck with Ba, Torres and Lukaku. We already get plenty of goals from elsewhere too.

As bad as Torres has been at times, I still think he's generally given a harder time than he deserves. And like yourself, the idea of him being at his best, to me, is almost worth not giving up on him.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Cassano out for a month, Rocchi is our only forward for the rest of season, what a fucking joke.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Try to watch some of our games for once in a while and you'll probably see what he's talking about.

Yeah, i know that Moratti is an idiot, that he appointed a fucking clown as a coach and built an awful squad(and let's not forget about the january mercato, branca and our wonderful medical staff), but i believe that we could still be fighting for 3rd place if wasn't for some moggi-style calls from the refs
and Palacio's injury :(
, yeah, even while playing this amazing strama-football.

After 6 months of this shit you just can't expect players to react like they did with Juve and Napoli, i'm the first to criticize our team and coach, but after yesterday's game it's hard to say something about stramaroni in particular, i mean, what should he have done after the penalty? Subbed another dm or cb we just don't have?
Laugh all you want but i can't say i disagree with Based Paolo.

PS: Do you guys think i like giving strama any excuses? Awful refereeing and all these injuries will probably give him another year as our manager :\

/rant
What are they trying to achieve with this? Nothing will happen. They'll get penalties again when Based Diego comes back.
We hardly got them when diego was still playing, i don't see where you're going with this.
I wouldn't laugh too much though. That's how Inter started the whole Calciopoli farse.
Had no idea inter or bonolis were working for the police and doing wiretaps, thanks for the history lesson. :D

How some people think a team handled by Moratti conspired against Berlusconi and Agnelli is beyond me.

i would personally be embarrassed if my club behaved the way strama and moratti did yesterday. completely classless, they deserve all the ridicule they get.

i believe that we could still be fighting for 3rd place if wasn't for some moggi-style calls from the refs

lol. there are no words.

Blablurn

If I would support Manchester United I would be mad furious about seeing Giggs in the starting eleven. First of all you could get so many other and younger players for that position. But on top of that you even have Shinji Kagawa. Why the hell do you not let him play? Even if he has to adjust to the Premier League - a good coach should always be able to help him. And just saying, I think Podolski who also arrived from the Bundesliga adjusted himself pretty fast! Anyway, it would me angry I think. Who cares about his legacy. It's big enough already. He doesn't need to proof anything. Just restructure your team already.

Timurid

If I would support Manchester United I would be mad furious about seeing Giggs in the starting eleven. First of all you could get so many other and younger players for that position. But on top of that you even have Shinji Kagawa. Why the hell do you not let him play? Even if he has to adjust to the Premier League - a good coach should always be able to help him. And just saying, I think Podolski who also arrived from the Bundesliga adjusted himself pretty fast! Anyway, it would me angry I think. Who cares about his legacy. It's big enough already. He doesn't need to proof anything. Just restructure your team already.

They only brought him because they wanted to boost their shirt sales in Asia.

FootballFan

Speaking of old players, Pinto became the oldest player to ever play for Barca. 37 years and 149 days.

fuenf

I think the Kagawa situation exemplifies everything that's wrong with English football: they buy stars without having any idea how and where to play them. Kinda like Bayern a few years ago.

Blablurn

I think the Kagawa situation exemplifies everything that's wrong with English football: they buy stars without having any idea how and where to play them. Kinda like Bayern a few years ago.

I wish they were stars lol We just bought random players for high prices without having any how and where to play them :D Hashemian, Tobias Rau, Breno, Ali Karimi, Jose Ernesto Sosa, Tim Borowski, Pranjic, Braafheid... what were we thinking?

Koko

Banned
I wish they were stars lol We just bought random players for high prices without having any how and where to play them :D Hashemian, Tobias Rau, Breno, Ali Karimi, Jose Ernesto Sosa, Tim Borowski, Pranjic, Braafheid... what were we thinking?

Nothing to be ashamed. From time to time it happens to all the teams that invest.

Lightning

Banned
I am still sad and angry at Wenger. Arshavin our record signing spent 1 and a half years in the first team, out of position, then 2 years on the bench to leave for free. 15+mil down the toilet. Thanks Wenger...

Ruined an excellent player. Fucking idiot.

The world of Metro would be better realised in a game that wasn't primarily a shooter. Discuss.

Nirvana's Man Who Sold The World is the most pitch perfect live performance of all time outside of Queen. Discuss.

@Lightning, I'm sure he had his reasons for it

lw4m8L4.jpg

Manchester United, ruining my life since 1989

Cassano out for a month, Rocchi is our only forward for the rest of season, what a fucking joke.

Try to watch some of our games for once in a while and you'll probably see what he's talking about.

Yeah, i know that Moratti is an idiot, that he appointed a fucking clown as a coach and built an awful squad(and let's not forget about the january mercato, branca and our wonderful medical staff), but i believe that we could still be fighting for 3rd place if wasn't for some moggi-style calls from the refs
and Palacio's injury :(
, yeah, even while playing this amazing strama-football.

After 6 months of this shit you just can't expect players to react like they did with Juve and Napoli, i'm the first to criticize our team and coach, but after yesterday's game it's hard to say something about stramaroni in particular, i mean, what should he have done after the penalty? Subbed another dm or cb we just don't have?
Laugh all you want but i can't say i disagree with Based Paolo.

PS: Do you guys think i like giving strama any excuses? Awful refereeing and all these injuries will probably give him another year as our manager :\

/rant
You guys should also try and watch some of our games while being as neutral as possible (I don't know how many Milan games you watch and everything, I mostly mean Bonolis and Moratti).

Do we get calls from the refs that sometimes help us? Yes. Like everybody every season ever (this happened on Sunday).

Do we get calls from the refs that sometimes damage us? Yes. Like everybody every season ever (this, too, happened on Sunday).

The fact is: right now, between losing every other game and not playing some good football, every little thing seems to be against Inter. Refs, injuries, other teams. This kind of things happens to every team, not only Inter, sometimes they're way worse, sometimes they are not.

But you're definitely not the only team that gets wrong calls every now and then. Bonolis did a dumb thing (actually, the inter.it site did it, they could've decided to not upload the interview), said dumb stuff and accused a team without concrete evidence to support it. It seems like Moratti isn't going to stop anytime soon, judging by the fact that yesterday he said another time that he doesn't trust refs anymore (after he said the same exact thing on Sunday evening). Sooner or later you'll get your penalties, probably because you earned it or probably because the FIGC will try to calm things down.

Still, it's not our fault if Branca doesn't care about Inter despite being a part of the Inter board and doesn't want to buy better players. And if Bonolis knows something that we don't, he should say it. Otherwise, he should just shut the fuck up.

FootballFan

So you're saying that I shouldn't be ashamed of us spending 60 million on Hulk? I reject this crazy way of thinking.

No you should be ashamed. He was mainly talking about Madrid. They shouldn't be ashamed since they break the transfer fee records every year from state funds.

Don't know why they think that way, imo that should make them even more ashamed. Especially how when you think about the TV deal bull shit they get too. They can spend 80m on Kaka while Deportivo have to scrape and look for loans.

Salazar

I don't think it's a particular cluelessness about Kagawa (although that does exist, and is active) that put him on the bench.

Ferguson is just that fucking stubborn

a) about older players
b) about the side that starts the game

Phelan must be a yes man, an idiot, or both.

GorillaJu

Kagawa is 23. He's got a long way to go before he's in his best years as a footballer. I think Man Utd bought him for the future because they saw a good deal was available. He may not be fitting in perfectly right now, but you can be sure that a team like Utd has an idea about how and where to play him. Just because it's not worked out perfectly doesn't mean he hasn't been scouted, vetted and profiled a hundred different ways.

fuck off

he's an animal for football who can be anything

He's mediocre tbh. I'm not saying that because he's a Manc, I genuinely think that the only real attribute he has in his locker is an aesthetically pleasing technique, and that isn't even useful in real terms.

Perhaps hasty to say at this stage, but I don't see him ever becoming a first 11 player for you unless you go downhill.

Salazar

He's mediocre tbh. I'm not saying that because he's a Manc, I genuinely think that the only real attribute he has in his locker is an aesthetically pleasing technique, and that isn't even useful in real terms.

I think he's handily behind Smalling (and, I would hope, behind whoever we're going to acquire) as a CB; I don't think he cuts it as a fullback; and I don't see a defined position for him anywhere near a functioning (oh god, let us function) United midfield. Utility squad player capable of good showings, like you say. He has some genuinely stomach-upsetting naivety about him, and the faith that it is "something that goes away with age and experience" has been scoured away from my thinking about football. It just stays there, a lot of the time.

He's fucking nice to have when you have sent your midfield out to be overpowered and outrun from the start, though.

I'd like us to buy fucking sparkling summer quality in all of Jones's potential positions, really.

Top Bottom