• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

WJD

Genuinely think Morsel's onto one when he says we should build the team around Kagawa's style of play (if not necessarily just Kagawa alone,) and as you said unfortunately our wing options are so atrocious he's being sacrificed.

Absolutely.

I don't want to be one of those cunts, but we could really do with moulding ourselves into something of a Dortmund. RVP in front of Kagawa with Carrick and a technically adept midfielder who isn't afraid to put a foot in behind them. Then a couple of above average wingers flanking.

Obviously I'm ridiculously oversimplifying things but the game has evolved a lot in the last 4 or 5 years and it does feel like we're left behind sometimes. Especially from a tactical and technical point of view.

Kenka

I think he meant the second league in Austria.

1 = Bundesliga
2 = Erste Liga

They play today. Austria Lustenau and Grödig should win their games today but after what I heard that Lustenau not even has a winning bonus if they would move to Bundesliga, lots of players out of contract and key players already leaving for Grödig - I am not so sure how big the motiviation will be...
Wow.
Wish I Was kidding but Vienna 13/5 to beat Austria Lustenau!
Wow.

I would normally cheer Lustenau up since they are located so close to me but I, too, am a bit disheartened by the news you brought systemfehler. Why can't they move to Altach then ? An reason they leave for Grödig ?

Wilbur

Banned
Think the fixture list is important to look at home and aways as well. But like Wes posted the other day, assuming QPR and Reading are down and Southampton/Newcastle relatively safe... wins in bold, draws in italics

Norwich - 35 points
Arsenal away
Reading home
Stoke away
Aston Villa home
West Brom home
Man City away

Stoke - 34 points
Man United home
QPR away
Norwich home
Sunderland away
Tottenham home
Southampton away

Aston Villa - 33 points
Fulham home
Man United away
Sunderland home
Norwich away
Chelsea home
Wigan away

Sunderland - 31 points
Newcastle away
Everton home
Aston Villa away
Stoke home
Southampton home
Tottenham away

Wigan - 31 points
Man City away
West Ham away
Tottenham home
West Brom away
Swansea home
Arsenal away
Aston Villa home

So I think:
Norwich will end on 40 points
Stoke will end on 38 points
Aston Villa will end on 40 points
Sunderland will end up on 37 points
Wigan will end up on 40 points

soz paolo

spidye

I think he meant the second league in Austria.

1 = Bundesliga
2 = Erste Liga

They play today. Austria Lustenau and Grödig should win their games today but after what I heard that Lustenau not even has a winning bonus if they would move to Bundesliga, lots of players out of contract and key players already leaving for Grödig - I am not so sure how big the motiviation will be...

damn. our league is such a joke

Wilbur

Banned
Absolutely.

I don't want to be one of those cunts, but we could really do with moulding ourselves into something of a Dortmund. RVP in front of Kagawa with Carrick and a technically adept midfielder who isn't afraid to put a foot in behind them. Then a couple of above average wingers flanking.

Obviously I'm ridiculously oversimplifying things but the game has evolved a lot in the last 4 or 5 years and it does feel like we're left behind sometimes. Especially from a tactical and technical point of view.

Let's just be one of those cunts. I agree; not that Dortmund are obviously the way forward for the rest of humanity, but the fact is that our game is naturally suited to playing like a more archaic version of them anyway (i.e. utilising wing play as opposed to through the middle).

I've got faith in Zaha, I think he'll bring some unpredictability to the flank. He's raw and young but he's consistent, or at least is at Championship level. If he could play on the right of a front three, Rooney (or whoever replaces him) on the left, then Kagawa in the Silva/Mata pivot of a midfield three with Carrick and a midfielder like you say, on paper its pretty good.

Said it a few times since last night now but... really should enquire about Modric and Moutinho. I know that if we bargain hunt we'll be able to find someone pretty good for a fraction of the price, but we need someone great. One of those two and Wanyama would be lovely.

Kenka

Huh? Some digging about Altach showed me that this player is active for them.

JYuC75a.png

SV Reid 4 lyfe.
I once loved you Wooden.

Can we all agree that Welbeck needs to not play on the wing anymore. I know our wingers are shit, but playing someone on the wing who is also shit on the wing doesn't really make much sense. Playing players because they work hard and track back absent any other quality makes my blood boil. That's some Tony Pulis type mentality.

WJD

Said it a few times since last night now but... really should enquire about Modric and Moutinho. I know that if we bargain hunt we'll be able to find someone pretty good for a fraction of the price, but we need someone great. One of those two and Wanyama would be lovely.

Can see Chelsea maybe going in for Modric again and he just doesn't seem like a Fergie signing - of course, you could say no central midfielder seems like a Fergie signing.

Moutinho though... Marginally more possible. Remind me, were Spurs after him before or after they signed Dembele?

Even fucking James McCarthy (or whichever one is the good one) would be a step up from what we've got.

Scholes surely retiring again?

Wilbur

Banned
Can we all agree that Welbeck needs to not play on the wing anymore. I know our wingers are shit, but playing someone on the wing who is also shit on the wing doesn't really make much sense. Playing players because they work hard and track back absent any other quality makes my blood boil. That's some Tony Pulis type mentality.

Welbeck's a better footballer than Valencia and Young to be honest, and coupled with defensive diligence (or making a fucking nuisance of himself) and the fact he's a local means I understand why he's picked there sometimes. But, and its the same with Kagawa, its hard to justify picking Young/Nani/Valencia over Welbz right now.

Can see Chelsea maybe going in for Modric again and he just doesn't seem like a Fergie signing - of course, you could say no central midfielder seems like a Fergie signing.

Moutinho though... Marginally more possible. Remind me, were Spurs after him before or after they signed Dembele?

Even fucking James McCarthy (or whichever one is the good one) would be a step up from what we've got.

Scholes surely retiring again?

After I think. It failed in the last few hours of the transfer window if I remember correctly. Wouldn't mind McCarthy either, think he's a genuinely good player... but he's not the game changer we need. Moutinho + McCarthy, Modric + Wanyama. Whatever. I just fucking want someone.

Scholes and Ando gone, I think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyt9fb_alan-pardew-celebration_sport?start=19#.UWPgEKIjwhE pretty awesome, he claimed to have lost his keys during that haha

Edit : This is even better haha Pardew http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sIdR_Vg4FKo

Love granted anew, but that's because you're irresistibly crazy <3

It was pretty great, they got like a 30% increase in likes, they should start a Danish fan group.

Fuck I hope they go bankrupt, our manager Ariel Jacobs was out saying he wish they would survive, now a bunch of our supporters are collecting signatures in a petition to ban leading figures at our club for talking positively about Brøndby. :lol

Salazar

Depending on what you like, Linius wasn't wrong when he said Kurt Vile's new one was pretty fucking great.

Aye. Will probably grab it. I have multiple train journeys and a stack of marking to pick up tomorrow. I was hoping to be in a better frame of mind after the derby, lol.

spidye

hey Yurt,

Rummenigge criticized Beckenbauer for his choice of words regarding Buffon. He also said Buffon is world champion and should recieve more respect.
Beckenbauer himself admitted his comparison was poor and apologized

Salazar

hey Yurt,

Rummenigge criticized Beckenbauer for his choice of words regarding Buffon. He also said Buffon is world champion and should recieve more respect.
Beckenbauer himself admitted his comparison was poor and apologized

Brokenbauer

You didn't comment on the Koscielny swoop.

Wilbur

Banned
"France Football" say Bayern are interested.

Just spoke to a Spurs fan. He didn't sound very positive about getting up over City.

Don't think they will either. This is Spurs crash time.

They're gonna finish 5th. We know it, Andre knows it, Alan Sugar knows it.

spidye

"France Football" say Bayern are interested.

Just spoke to a Spurs fan. He didn't sound very positive about getting up over City.
meh. we are supposedly interested in kompany, suarez, neymar,.......

these silly transfer rumors exploded since bayern announced their new manager for the next season

Kenka

Koscielny is lucky that Bayern is interested in him. I don't see why he would be better than Kirchhoff, who is also set to join Munich next season.

dc89

What a kick arse gesture by Everton and Leighton Baines.

Baines delivers a season ticket, flowers, signed shirts etc to a gent who cared for his wife for 5 years until she recently passed away due to a brain tumor. He couldn't get to games much during that period of time.

Sorry it's on Daily Mail, but it's well worth watching the 3 mins - you'll smile.

http://goo.gl/N9ziN

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last night's most successful dribbler was Gareth Barry, with 2 dribbles.

What the fuck United's wingers?

Wilbur

Banned
Relax guys we are signing Mout.

pls vulva_itk dont let me down

Baines delivers a season ticket, flowers, signed shirts etc to a gent who cared for his wife for 5 years until she recently passed away due to a brain tumor. He couldn't get to games much during that period of time.

Sorry it's on Daily Mail, but it's well worth watching the 3 mins - you'll smile.

Great stuff from Everton, heartwarming shit

In other news, Phil Neville's leaving at the end of the season

Last night's most successful dribbler was Gareth Barry, with 2 dribbles.

Welbeck and Young. One isn't a winger. The other runs towards his own box more than the oppositions

FUCK YOU I AINT GONNA TAKE SHIT FROM A JUVENTUS FAN OVER WINGERS

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You'll all see. I told you Ade was going to ride to our rescue and he's started doing it.

We are going to get 4th at Chelsea's expense, we'll beat them at the Bridge in the AVB REMUNTADA MATCH. By the time we play City, Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Kaboul will all be available and we will have had 10 days to prepare for the game. Barring the time Harry played Kranjcar as a DM our matches against Roberto Mancity have all been incredibly close. In 09/10 we beat them 3-0 and 0-1, in 10/11 we had a 0-0 and a 1-0 defeat, in 11/12 a 1-5 and a 3-2 and this season we lost 1-2.

When we played at the Etihad we didn't have Dembele, Dawson, Lloris, or BAE in the side and Gallas and Dempsey were playing. It will be a totally different game.

Salazar

Ferguson appears to have thought lightning would strike twice with Giggs doing a Pirlo and RVP outmuscling Kompany, outjumping Nastasic, and outpacing Clichy to control and drive low into the corner.

We don't seem to have had any alternative plans. Heaven forbid we play to feet and build play in the final third. You know, the sort of thing Cleverley and Kagawa at least try to do. Young just wants to

a) curl the ball into the corner, despite it being even less likely than one of Rooney's long chips.
b) put the ball in an area, like the mid-table winger he was born to be.

WJD

Gordon don't do hover hand.

Just look at that grip.

Top Bottom