• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Some thoughts:

- Form. Well it's temporary but it's also shit. As many have pointed out we've been sucking fumes since the RM game. No passion and no cohesion. I'm not concerned that we won't win the league, but it's disappointing that we've let the RM result poison us quite so much. I'd like to think we're mentally stronger than that.
- Wingers. It's an awful situation especially for a team the tactically relies on them. It's just dreadful watching Welbeck having to play there week in week out when he isn't suited to it. He can't beat a man without a lot of space and he doesn't understand the positioning. But what else do we do. Young (who wasn't that appalling last night), Nani and Valencia have been embarrassing this season. Possibly the most disappointing set of wingers we've had at the club over the course of the season that I can remember. We not only need to bring new players into this position, but some of those three need to leave the club as well.
- Central midfield. What hasn't been said at this point? How long will it continue to be the punchline to a worn out joke? New signings needed and those new signings need to be very good. Ideally a fit bastard work-horse and a technician. Carrick's our only really good midfielder and he's not getting any younger.
- Kagawa. I have a feeling that we're going to want to build the team around his style of play. Quick and sharp and very good on the counter. Part of Kagawa's failure is problems with acclimatisation. However, I think our wingers' lack of form has hurt his in two ways - forcing him to play out of position, and when he does play in position he has wing outlets that are fucking defective.
- Jones. Only real bright spot last night. Really positive performance that renewed my faith he'll be our CB in years to come.

Rad-

He's mediocre tbh. I'm not saying that because he's a Manc, I genuinely think that the only real attribute he has in his locker is an aesthetically pleasing technique, and that isn't even useful in real terms.

Perhaps hasty to say at this stage, but I don't see him ever becoming a first 11 player for you unless you go downhill.

I think he has great potential. If there's one CB in United I have never rated as much as some here, it's Smalling. He to me screams a decently safe rotation player but that's about it.

I still believe that Jones is the only young CB United has that can become world class level. There's just something about him. I don't know if it's the determination or what, but I can see why Ferguson praises him so much.

Kenka

BundesGAF, do you think Rüdiger can make it to the WC ?

He is a defender who played 10 league games with Stuttgart and is 19 yo for 191 cm. He is a regular in the U-21 German team, which Yesil, Gnabry, Kirchhoff and Eisenfeld aren't. He also got nominated in the National IX of the week most recently and convinved Stuttgart's management to retain him. With his stratospheric ascension, do you think he can make it in time ? I sure hope so, I love the guy.

ruediger2_31460_p880722.jpg

I think he has great potential. If there's one CB in United I have never rated as much as some here, it's Smalling. He to me screams a decently safe rotation player but that's about it.

I think his potential is based on reports and his age rather than original opinion to be brutally honest :p

Young and expensive ≠ massive potential

dc89

Don't know why Ferguson imagined that Giggs lumping balls over the top for RVP was going to work against

a) big fucker who heads it away Kompany
b) thick but unimaginably speedy fucker Clichy
c) hard case Zabaleta
d) I dunno what Nastasic does, but he's no mug

Well there was a report he emptied his pocket in the away dressing room and out fell RVP.

pulga

Banned
No you should be ashamed. He was mainly talking about Madrid. They shouldn't be ashamed since they break the transfer fee records every year from state funds.

Don't know why they think that way, imo that should make them even more ashamed. Especially how when you think about the TV deal bull shit they get too. They can spend 80m on Kaka while Deportivo have to scrape and look for loans.

Have you gone fucking mental, you twat? You do realize Barcelona is part of the same bullshit deal?

Looooooool go sit down, boy.

Salazar

Bale wants no part of that tawdriness.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro 3m
Bayern Munich have sounded out possibility of signing Laurent Koscielny in summer, say France Football #AFC #FCBM

#Pep

#looooooooooooool

pulga

Banned
You could have saved some time by just typing 'Chrygynsky'

Lol its not even that, I don't give a fuck where Barcelona wants to waste their limited funds.

It's his high and mighty act about the TV deal, as if it's only Madrid who's in on it. Embarrassing post.

Watch him come back and say it was all a joke and that Im jealous, for some reason only he comprehends.

Lol its not even that, I don't give a fuck where Barcelona wants to waste their limited funds.

It's his high and mighty act about the TV deal, as if it's only Madrid who's in on it. Embarrassing post.

Watch him come back and say it was all a joke and that Im jealous, for some reason only he comprehends.

Tbf, I think he was just trying to get you to react like this :p

pulga

Banned
Tbf, I think he was just trying to get you to react like this :p

I wasn't even in the thread. Plus it's terrible, sub-standard trolling if you're just gonna bare-faced LIE about an issue.

But I guess that's pretty much what you can expect from him, bottom of the barrel stuff.

FootballFan

Just let it go mate, hug it out.

XWPY7K7.gif

pulga

Banned
I really hate posters in the GoT thread "speculating" on events, when it's terribly obvious they know what's up.

FootballFan

I really hate posters in the GoT thread "speculating" on events, when it's terribly obvious they know what's up.

Oh found one. I always knew there'd be people like that in those threads.

Feel sorry for people like this guy:
I'm going to stop posting in this thread because of people who have obviously read the books and come here and try to stealth guess what will happen when you know it will.

There's a reason the other thread exists.

pulga

Banned
That's the one, FF. Fucking assholes, pretending theyre so damn smart with their spot on speculation looooool

And dc the last two books are really tough reads, but keep on it, theyre good stuff.

But Barca needs it to pay off all their tax debt to Spain, you don't. #moralchampions

and read a book motherfucker.

I have read the books, you cunt.

GorillaJu

I opened the GOT thread then realized it was full of people like that so I stopped reading immediately. Don't wanna get spoiled at all.

WJD

He's stocky, but when he uses his ultimate move "Call for Backup" you get two other mental Argies coming right at you.

---

WJD - in quest for your new avatar, maybe this version will come in useful?

---

Nastasic won 100% of his aerial battles last night.

YES

In in the library at the mo though so can't crop it yet.

Also, still annoyed.

Wilbur

Banned
Football journalists are a sad bunch of fucking berks.

I'd be massively disappointed if we bought a new keeper. Think Frog rates DDG anyway.

Genuinely think Morsel's onto one when he says we should build the team around Kagawa's style of play (if not necessarily just Kagawa alone,) and as you said unfortunately our wing options are so atrocious he's being sacrificed.

Why would you discourage him?

Buy a Wii U dc! It's a great console with lots of great games! You really get some high powered tech for your money too! You're on to a winner!

:lol

I tell you what dc.

If City win the league this year I'll buy you one.

I know you and Wooden are joking but you can safely bet on Austria Wien, normally. But this weekend they got housted 0-4 at home by some nobodies. So I would be cautious.

I think he meant the second league in Austria.

1 = Bundesliga
2 = Erste Liga

They play today. Austria Lustenau and Grödig should win their games today but after what I heard that Lustenau not even has a winning bonus if they would move to Bundesliga, lots of players out of contract and key players already leaving for Grödig - I am not so sure how big the motiviation will be...

Had a crazy dream last night that Casillas was in goal for Man City, gave away a penalty and got a red card, then Rooney chipped the penalty in the air and De God volleyed it over :lol

Was booking some flights and hostels last night too and my bank blocked my card for fraudulent activity -_-

Top Bottom