• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

You'll all see. I told you Ade was going to ride to our rescue and he's started doing it.

We are going to get 4th at Chelsea's expense, we'll beat them at the Bridge (and Chelsea will drop at least 7 or 8 points, their games are just too difficult). By the time we play City, Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Kaboul will all be available and we will have had 10 days to prepare for the game. Barring the time Harry played Kranjcar as a DM our matches against Roberto Mancity have all been incredibly close. In 09/10 we beat them 3-0 and 0-1, in 10/11 we had a 0-0 and a 1-0 defeat, in 11/12 a 1-5 and a 3-2 and this season we lost 1-2.

When we played at the Etihad we didn't have Dembele, Dawson, Lloris, or BAE in the side and Gallas and Dempsey were playing. It will be a totally different game.
So much optimism.

Doomed to failure.

Wilbur

Banned
You'll all see. I told you Ade was going to ride to our rescue and he's started doing it.

We are going to get 4th at Chelsea's expense, we'll beat them at the Bridge in the AVB REMUNTADA MATCH. By the time we play City, Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Kaboul will all be available and we will have had 10 days to prepare for the game. Barring the time Harry played Kranjcar as a DM our matches against Roberto Mancity have all been incredibly close. In 09/10 we beat them 3-0 and 0-1, in 10/11 we had a 0-0 and a 1-0 defeat, in 11/12 a 1-5 and a 3-2 and this season we lost 1-2.

When we played at the Etihad we didn't have Dembele, Dawson, Lloris, or BAE in the side and Gallas and Dempsey were playing. It will be a totally different game.

But its Spurs' late season collapse.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So much optimism.

Doomed to failure.

Eh, I'll take being optimistic over preemptively accepting failure. If Arsenal can win matches with joke players like Gervinho, Ramsey and Fabianski playing then we can do the same.

At this time last season we were losing every week, showing no fight at all and not scoring goals. Now we are getting late goals and fighting right to the end, it's not the same.

It was this time last season when Arsenal had a funny turn, drawing with Norwich and losing to Wigan at home, losing to QPR and Fulham away. All those games are coming up. Not that I expect them to drop the same amount of points but Arsenal were way ahead of us at this stage last season yet we clawed it back and it still went down to the very last day. The same thing will happen this season, I guarantee it. None of the three teams are good enough to wrap it up before then and two of them still have to play Everton.

Ferguson appears to have thought lightning would strike twice with Giggs doing a Pirlo and RVP outmuscling Kompany, outjumping Nastasic, and outpacing Clichy to control and drive low into the corner.

We don't seem to have had any alternative plans. Heaven forbid we play to feet and build play in the final third. You know, the sort of thing Cleverley and Kagawa at least try to do. Young just wants to

a) curl the ball into the corner, despite it being even less likely than one of Rooney's long chips.
b) put the ball in an area, like the mid-table winger he was born to be.
Thing is, it's okay to get it wrong from the start. It can happen, players you expected to perform don't, opposition players are playing really well, you've been tactically out thought. All reasonable and allowable.

Problem we've had, against Madrid, Chelsea twice and then last night is those 3 clowns in the dugout have sat that and done fuck all about it. We didnt change a thing ALL game.

Wilbur

Banned
Thing is, it's okay to get it wrong from the start. It can happen, players you expected to perform don't, opposition players are playing really well, you've been tactically out thought. All reasonable and allowable.

Problem we've had, against Madrid, Chelsea twice and then last night is those 3 clowns in the dugout have sat that and done fuck all about it. We didnt change a thing ALL game.

Yep. Didn't make our first change until the eightieth minute. That's unacceptable. Hernandez in the 88th or something, Kagawa in the 92nd. Fucking awful awful awful decisions.

Should have got to an hour, realised we were doing fuck all in the middle of the park and made changes.

Salazar

Moutinho does look really fucking brainy.

lol, and the comment on the vid

"come to spurs moutinho"

Doing it wrong. It's

"WELCOME TO SPURS JOAO MY SISTER'S BEDROOM AWAITS"

Clegg

I think we need to sign a winger before we sign a CM.

And Porto would only sell one of Moutinho/James.

I'd prefer James tbh.

WJD

Yep. Didn't make our first change until the eightieth minute. That's unacceptable. Hernandez in the 88th or something, Kagawa in the 92nd. Fucking awful awful awful decisions.

Should have got to an hour, realised we were doing fuck all in the middle of the park and made changes.

Giggs off straight after his backheel.

Rooney off straight after his spazz at the ref.

No fucking aboot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wilbury said:
FUCK YOU I AINT GONNA TAKE SHIT FROM A JUVENTUS FAN OVER WINGERS

ibb3CjSZt0dsd3.gif

those 3 clowns in the dugout have sat that and done fuck all about it. We didnt change a thing ALL game.

It took Cunte 70 minutes and two goals to admit he was 'wrong'.

Zabojnik

Isla was a really good signing on paper to be fair.

Epic fail of the season. I suppose we'll try to send him back to Udinese, somehow. I'd be willing to give him one more season though. He hardly played at all and was recovering from a nasty knee injury. I refuse to believe this is the player I admired at Udinese.

Wilbur

Banned
He's a very good player. Can put a shift in and tackle too.

Not top level like, but considerably better than anything we've got.

Mendes plz.

He's definitely second tier centre midfielder, but that's still handy as fuck. He isn't Schweini or Vidal, but he's not much worse.

I've decided I will focus all my muppetry on Moutinho this summer.

I think we need to sign a winger before we sign a CM.

don't be a fergus, cleff

Zahallah is starting his pilgrimage

D_prOdigy

Gallas and Dempsey will play. Vertonghen at LB. Naughton at RB. You'll see. AVB the Enigma.

Wilbur

Banned
Right now all our wingers are pure shite. Nani is most likely leave king during the summer too. I wouldn't be happy going into the new season with Zaha, Valencia and Young.

James > Moutinho

fuck you man, you and kharma can suck my arsehole

We should change our play so we're not primarily a wing based side.

DE GOD
RAF RIO VIDIC EVRA
CARRICK MOUTINHO
ZAHA KAGAWA ROONEY
RVP

I like it.

Wilbur

Banned
I really wouldn't mind if Evra was told to do one.

More complacent than Giggs.

Oh yeah, so would I. But he isn't going to be told that, so I'm not even gonna bother taking him out of the formations.

Fabio coming back and improving like his sexy twin has would be swell.

Clegg

DE GOD
RAF RIO VIDIC EVRA
CARRICK MOUTINHO
ZAHA KAGAWA ROONEY
RVP

I like it.
United will always place an emphasis on quick, skilful wingers. Right now we don't have that. For that reason I'd like to see us look for that kind of player in the summer. Its too early for Zaha imo.

Wilbur

Banned
ZahALLAH's signature move is hurtling 15 to 20 yards inside, leaving the fullback perplexed, anyways.

He'll score a hat trick on his Anfield debut, I know it.

Just be nice to have someone with a bit of unpredictability about them. Young and Valencia are so easy to read every time they get the ball.

Wilbur

Banned
United will always place an emphasis on quick, skilful wingers. Right now we don't have that. For that reason I'd like to see us look for that kind of player in the summer. Its too early for Zaha imo.

Never too early. He's 20, 21, not some 16 year old fresh faced youngster. If a bunch of players from the Championship with Southampton and Norwich can contend with the league after two promotions in two years, then Zaha can - especially when he cost 15m and he's being rated very highly.

Arnie

DE GOD
RAF RIO VIDIC EVRA
CARRICK MOUTINHO
ZAHA KAGAWA ROONEY
RVP

I like it.

Except RVP can't score and Kagawa can't do anything.

Wilbur

Banned
Okay guys we've had a good moan lets start making fun of other teams again.

Arsenal - board are even shitter than ours
Aston Villa - could still be relegated
Chelsea - Benitez lol
Everton - reached their glass ceiling
Fulham - anonymous
Liverpool - lol
Man City - 12 points
Newcastle - dat 5th place finish counting for nothing
Norwich - who cares
QPR - going down you cunts
Reading - the most boring team in the world
Southampton - Schneiderlin's coming to us bro
Stoke - inbred
Sunderland - fascist
Swansea - welsh
Tottenham - bottlers
West Brom - even lower glass ceiling
West Ham - everyone's ugly
Wigan - thugs

sohois

Epic fail of the season. I suppose we'll try to send him back to Udinese, somehow. I'd be willing to give him one more season though. He hardly played at all and was recovering from a nasty knee injury. I refuse to believe this is the player I admired at Udinese.

I remember Isla being briefly linked with Liverpool when he was at Udinese, I would certainly like Liverpool to try and get him were Juventus to sell. Liverpool could really use a versatile player like him to cover the full-backs and what not.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can have Nani this summer if you want. please.

Isla was a really good signing on paper to be fair.

It's funny, because between him and Asamoah, the latter was 'supposed' to be the flop by the end of the season. Many thought Asamoah was an unnecessary addition to our team.

Isla turned into a complete VAGINA after his injury.

Wilbur

Banned
It's funny, because between him and Asamoah, the latter was 'supposed' to be the flop by the end of the season. Many thought Asamoah was an unnecessary addition to our team.

Isla turned into a complete VAGINA after his injury.

Asamoah is beast of all beasts.

Shame that Isla's flopping. Have faith though, only a season. If we listened to Sviatoslav then Kagawa's already completely ruined his career.

Isla will devour all pussies around him when Conte switches back to 4-3-3

Carbonox

Newcastle back in for Remy? Ugh. We do need a new forward and I guess he hasn't been doing too bad for QPR but it's Remy, he's a bellend. I guess it would be childish to still maintain hatred for him given his snub seeing as he could still offer something for us.

Wilbur

Banned
Newcastle back in for Remy? Ugh. We do need a new forward and I guess he hasn't been doing too bad for QPR but it's Remy, he's a bellend. I guess it would be childish to still maintain hatred for him given his snub seeing as he could still offer something for us.

He'd be class, especially if Ben Arfa's on his way out.

Look at his goal against Wigan again.

Look at it.

Clegg

I don't think Kagawa is the right kind of player to start against Stoke or West Ham. He's had more bad matches than good this season.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Kagawa is the kind of player to start against Stoke or West Ham. He's had more bad matches than good this season.

Fucking hell stop being such a negative nancy Cleff.

Why would we start any of our three wingers considering they've shown even less than Kagawa? Why would we not want to utilise Kagawa's trickery against slow ponderous defenders?

Come on, man. Don't be a moody judy

Kyoufu

Who says we're in for Remy?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Asamoah is beast of all beasts.

Shame that Isla's flopping. Have faith though, only a season. If we listened to Sviatoslav then Kagawa's already completely ruined his career.

Isla will devour all pussies around him when Conte switches back to 4-3-3

It's over for him:

Conte “We’d love to play 4-3-3, but Simone Pepe is injured and he’s the only one who can play wide in that trident. We’ve also got Stephan Lichtsteiner suspended, so who is going to play at full-back – me?”

WHAT ABOUT ISLA CUNTE

Top Bottom