• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

arkon

next year

I think they will. Rodgers is building something special. If they have a good summer in terms of transfers coming in... I expect them to be at least challenging for a CL spot and who knows? if they start well potentially greater things.

Is your avatar from a bet or did you just pick a really shit one?

Yeah, I lost a handegg bet :(

Oh and btw, I found it you cunt

Messi said:
I would kill to have Ramos at barca.

FootballFan said:
Yeah I'd kill him too. Wait what?

Rather use Pinto at CB than have that piece of crap at Barca.

If he joins Barca I will love him, as that is how football fans are. But for now, fuck him and I hope he never touches the Barca shirt.

FootballFan said:
If he joins Barca I will love him

FootballFan said:

FootballFan said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47858423&postcount=1052

jtb

Banned
I think they will. Rodgers is building something special. If they have a good summer in terms of transfers coming in... I expect them to be at least challenging for a CL spot and who knows? if they start well potentially greater things.

I think I heard this story last summer. And the summer before that.

Clegg

Do you have an account on RAWK?

Arnie

Nope

No no no no no no no no no no no no n...

Wait, actually, yes.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck Liverpool were great in, was it 08/09? When Torres was just a beast. Genuinely thought they could win the league back then.

Yeah, the team that beat Madrid 4-0 were terrifying. Couldn't keep it up, but they were really good the second half of the season.

As always :p

I think we can challenge for 4th next season. Doubt we'll get it, we'll have to hit the ground running, and Suarez would have to stay, but I think its possible. Being out of everything by February fucking sucks.

@FF, while Torres was beastly in 08/09 he was injured for a lot of it. 07/08 was his best season for us. Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano were incredible in 08/09. What a centre midfield that was

I think as much as you can improve, you have to think that Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal will as well. So everyone will take a step forward leaving you exactly as far behind as you are this season, you know?

Needs to be some fucking astute buys to close the gap a ton.

arkon

#FuckBayern and all, but this save is a good one.

I was joking. It's a good save.

I think I heard this story last summer. And the summer before that.

Do you have an account on RAWK?

ie6gxLnIZNkd5.gif

Suen

Only Madrid haters say that nowadays.
Pretty much

Yeah he isn't... And Barca also has no divers...
Yet you wonder why people think Ronaldo is better than Messi (mostly Barca-haters) and laugh about it while still holding an old, now laughable view of Ronaldo being selfish. People who think Ronaldo is selfish is out of touch with reality, he's been assisting much more which you can even notice in a shitty season like this and those assists even include moments where he simply could more than likely scored it himself. He's been anything but selfish.

This is why people think Barca and lots of Barca fans are cunts. Barca fans are quick to whine against any decision against them each time while being hypocritical cunts. Then when they are not busy with blamings refs and Mourinho & Co. they have to start shitting on other teams for not playing their shitty tiki taka while they jerking off to the smell of Xavi's balls.

Puyol, Pinto, Valdes (for the lols), Cesc, Iniesta and Messi. Fuck the rest.

FootballFan you're the best Barca cunt <3

FootballFan

@FF, while Torres was beastly in 08/09 he was injured for a lot of it. 07/08 was his best season for us. Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano were incredible in 08/09. What a centre midfield that was

Damn. Masch to destroy, overrated Alonso doing his passing, Gerrard doing everything else, Torres scoring. That Liverpool was great.

I got so drunk after both those finals.

I piece of me will always love Barcelona for that.

:')

Yeah, I lost a handegg bet :(

Oh and btw, I found it you cunt

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47858423&postcount=1052

Nah that wasn't me. Typo probably.

And how long is the avatar bet for?

Yeah, the team that beat Madrid 4-0 were terrifying. Couldn't keep it up, but they were really good the second half of the season.

I think as much as you can improve, you have to think that Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal will as well. So everyone will take a step forward leaving you exactly as far behind as you are this season, you know?

Needs to be some fucking astute buys to close the gap a ton.

Every season we expect Arsenal to spend, and every season they keep the purestrings relatively closed. With that in mind, I think we can catch up with them and that would naturally put us above Everton as well. All ifs and buts though, for all we know we'll lose the first 3 and our season will be dead in the water come November

Suen

It's hilarious how Ronaldo fanboys think he's better than Messi.
This season has been pretty bad. If it wasn't for the team Ronaldo would without a doubt played better and scored more. I still don't think he's better than Messi though and besides Ronaldo is a fucking crybaby.

CONGRATS BAYERN-GAF!!!! Well deserved! You've been playing great and have been in great form this season!

Timurid

Every time Cerci plays well for Torino, he's a match closer to signing for a bigger club. Think about this.
The only attacker who has a fucking brain on this team.

I hope D'Ambrosio gets an international cap soon he deserves it so much than that piece of shit Abate.

Now with Ogbonna in the lineup this conceding in the last 10 mins shit is going stop.

Wilbur

Banned
Every season we expect Arsenal to spend, and every season they keep the purestrings relatively closed. With that in mind, I think we can catch up with them and that would naturally put us above Everton as well. All ifs and buts though, for all we know we'll lose the first 3 and our season will be dead in the water come November

Whether they get CL or not I think they'll spend this year. They're closer than they ever have been to losing it, and in fact if they come 5th I think they'll want to spend more than ever but will find it hard because they're not in the CL obviously. Plus of course, Wenger being a far better coach than everyone in the league outside of Ferguson. Can never rule Arsenal out purely because of him.

You need to look at where the top teams need strengthening and by how much. We only really need a centre midfielder. City probably need a centre midfielder, a wide player and a striker. Spurs need a striker, but far more than City do. Chelsea need a midfield and a striker. Arsenal need a keeper, a centre back and a striker at the very least.

Liverpool arguably need a keeper, two centre backs, a centre midfielder, a striker... it all depends on whether they mesh, whether Suarez stays, whether Gerrard can keep his form up, whether a better centre back than what you currently have joins... I'd rather see Liverpool there than Chelsea and City of course. If Arsenal/United/Liverpool/Spurs got it next year I'd be delighted, but I can't see Chelsea not getting in if Mourinho comes back and City will always be around. So that's three spots already automatically wrapped up, sad as that is for the rest of the league :/

FootballFan

Real talk, playboys, does Newcastle have enough budo to scrape Benfica?

Yes they do. They scored an away goal. So a 2-0 win at home is enough and I can see Newcastle doing that.

FootballFan you're the best Barca cunt <3

You and Koko have given hope to me that there are Madrid fans out there who aren't blind fools.

Until the NFL draft, April 25th. Then probably emo Capello time again.

Why would you even make such a long avatar bet?

jtb

Banned
How do the Europa League places work for the PL? One goes to Swansea, one goes to 5th place, do the next two go to FA cup winner/finalist and 6th?

or are there only 3 EL places, I forget...

Wilbur

Banned
Real talk, playboys, does Newcastle have enough budo to scrape Benfica?

wagwan playboy
lets kiss and i'll tell you

also, maybe. Need to win 2-0 to go through. I give them a 1 in 4 chance.

Fuck Lamb Bhuna. Little pussy ran away from FootyGAF after stalking Kyoufu for a year :lol :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned
How do the Europa League places work for the PL? One goes to Swansea, one goes to 5th place, do the next two go to FA cup winner/finalist and 6th?

5th gets it automatically. 6th will only get EL if the FA Cup winner doesn't already qualify for Europe, so Chelsea or City winning means 6th gets it. I'm not sure about the finalist actually, Wigan might get it by losing or Everton might get it.

Kyoufu

wagwan playboy
lets kiss and i'll tell you

also, maybe. Need to win 2-0 to go through. I give them a 1 in 4 chance.

Fuck Lamb Bhuna. Little pussy ran away from FootyGAF after stalking Kyoufu for a year :lol :lol :lol

Lambda justified my decision to watch Football again after a long hiatus.

Clegg

Not really.
title is a long way off, but the top 4 really isn't.

The three strongest squads are City/Chelsea/United. Then Arsenal and Spurs make up the numbers after that. Liverpool, though they're an improving side, aren't up to the same standard and it will be a few years before they're ready to challenge for top 4 status.

jtb

Banned
5th gets it automatically. 6th will only get EL if the FA Cup winner doesn't already qualify for Europe, so Chelsea or City winning means 6th gets it. I'm not sure about the finalist actually, Wigan might get it by losing or Everton might get it.

So basically there's a pretty large chance that Liverpool aren't going to qualify for the EL next season?

arkon

Man Liverpool of 2008/9 were really entertaining to watch. Wasn't that the season they also had those crazy-scoring games against Chelsea in the CL?

Arnie

So basically there's a pretty large chance that Liverpool aren't going to qualify for the EL next season?
But you're still Arsenal.

Loooooooooooool

How many years? Please make it to a decade. We'll have banoffee pie to celebrate.

jtb

Banned
But you're still Arsenal.

Loooooooooooool

How many years? Please make it to a decade. We'll have banoffee pie to celebrate.

haha I didn't mean it in a negative sense, it could actually help Liverpool push for a top 4 spot if you don't have to rotate players like Suarez.

Top Bottom