• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

We really scraped this one. 3 times they went down to our goal and twice they scored; almost scored the third time too! Thankfully luck fell on our side...
and their back lines positioning was shit

That was a great finish by Viola, the guy really deserved that goal.

Wilbur

Banned
We need two CM's imo. One that can do a good Carrick job and another that can push forward and link the midfield with our strikers. I was hoping that Clev could do that ,but, as we've said before, he doesn't assert himself enough.

Realistically though we'll only sign one CM this summer. I hope it will be someone who can do a similar job to Carrick. We've been blessed that he's been fit all season. We'd have been fucked without him.

Yeah, we need both really; cover and a partner. I think Clev's impressed this season to be honest. Of course he won't win the Ballon d'Or until Messi retires but he's a nice nifty player to have on. We've never suffered directly because of him, i.e. he hasn't made mistakes or anything. Just doesn't impose himself on a game, but that's neither his nor Carrick's playstyle.

If I could pick anyone in the world, it would be Vidal. But that's not happening. Need someone in there for sure. If we could go with a first team next year of FORMATION TIME, FRY LOOK AWAY

DDG; Rafael, Rio/Vidic, Evans, Evra; Zaha, Carrick, New CM, Kagawa; Rooney, RVP

I'll be happy. I'm prepared to give Zaha a chance because I think he's a really good talent from what I've seen. Needs to work on shit for sure, he's got a sloppy first touch but I like him.

bhmsn-xcuaaeyyc.png

Abidal making some prayers before coming on.

Awesome :)

Kikarian

Yeah, we need both really; cover and a partner. I think Clev's impressed this season to be honest. Of course he won't win the Ballon d'Or until Messi retires but he's a nice nifty player to have on. We've never suffered directly because of him, i.e. he hasn't made mistakes or anything. Just doesn't impose himself on a game, but that's neither his nor Carrick's playstyle.

If I could pick anyone in the world, it would be Vidal. But that's not happening. Need someone in there for sure. If we could go with a first team next year of FORMATION TIME, FRY LOOK AWAY

I'll be happy. I'm prepared to give Zaha a chance because I think he's a really good talent from what I've seen. Needs to work on shit for sure, he's got a sloppy first touch but I like him.
Another Holding CM is needed for sure. Cleverley's done nothing wrong this season but hasn't taken too much of risk to do anything wrong, Like we've said.
We need someone who can just break up attacks and also find a pass. That's what we have lacked this season and other seasons.

Clegg

Signing players like Vidal, Gundogan, Schweinsteiger etc are pipedreams. But there are still players out there that could fit in well with us. They'd certainly be of more use than Scholes, Giggs and Fletcher. As much as I love them they can't play every game and are all pretty close to retirement. We need long term solutions imo and Clev and Ando aren't it. Powell has the potential but he's played all his football as an attacking midfielder. It's too early to say whether he'll make it as a good CM

Clev has impressed me too but he's definitely too passive. He's neat and tidy but he flits in and out of games too much. If he learns to control the game better then he'll be a good player for us. Right now Carrick is the only midfielder that we can fully depend on. That's just not good enough for a team that wants to challenge every season for major honours imo.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol at Owen sitting on the Stoke bench

can't even get on in a game like this

Hixx

Reality is kicking in

I reckon we are going to get humped tomorrow and di Canio will fucking implode and deck Seb Larsson. Which would be mint but only if we were to win.

rodvik

Reality is kicking in

I reckon we are going to get humped tomorrow and di Canio will fucking implode and deck Seb Larsson. Which would be mint but only if we were to win.

I reckon your game vs Newcastle could be the game of the season for the neutral.

Kikarian

Signing players like Vidal, Gundogan, Schweinsteiger etc are pipedreams. But there are still players out there that could fit in well with us. They'd certainly be of more use than Scholes, Giggs and Fletcher. As much as I love them they can't play every game and are all pretty close to retirement. We need long term solutions imo and Clev and Ando aren't it. Powell has the potential but he's played all his football as an attacking midfielder. It's too early to say whether he'll make it as a good CM

Clev has impressed me too but he's definitely too passive. He's neat and tidy but he flits in and out of games too much. If he learns to control the game better then he'll be a good player for us. Right now Carrick is the only midfielder that we can fully depend on. That's just not good enough for a team that wants to challenge every season for major honours imo.
You're completely right with everything you've said here.

pulga

Banned
Spending the day at the amusement park, does anyone have a video of Madrids goals I can watch while I wait in line?

Wilbur

Banned
Reality is kicking in

You'll lose, but that isn't where you should be picking up points, you know? Who else do you have before the end of the season besides Newcastle?

Hixx

You'll lose, but that isn't where you should be picking up points, you know? Who else do you have before the end of the season besides Newcastle?

We still have Stoke, Saints (2x h) Villa (a) to play. 7 points there is not ridiculous to ask for and would keep us up probably. But the amount of points we've dropped at home to teams like Norwich, QPR, Villa, Fulham this season... fuuuuuck me this has been disastrous.

Top Bottom