• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Tegris

Today marks exactly 12 months since Juventus have been 1st in Serie A. 1 year straight at the summit of Italian football.

One year.

365 days.

Lies, Fiorentina were ahead of you for two hours and forty-five minutes at the start of the season:

0LC591E.png

[/pedant]

That's still very impressive though, congratulations.

dc89

So DC, who do you think City will target?

Well I think there is genuine interest in Isco and Jovetic.

Nailed on:
De Rossi

Just transition into being a top club (with a squad that got you 2nd, probably a cup, and got bumped by a tricky CL group) with a functional (indeed, unprecedentedly wonderful) academy on the way. Clubs strengthen without being stupid about it.

Except I don't think you will.

:(

Linius

Wilbur

Banned
My predictions for today:

Fiorentina 1 - 1 Milan
Olhanense 5-0 Benfica
Liverpool 2-1 West Ham
Spurs 1-1 Everton
Chelsea 3-0 Sunderland
Newcastle 2-1 Fulham
QPR 2-2 Wigan

Need to start winning our home games now, no excuses, we have two in a row. Everton and City, 6 points would put us in a fantastic position.

Time for the team to step up and show some of the form we had around December/January.

Oh Bayern...

At 5.40 pm, around 25 minutes after the Bayern win in Frankfurt and Bayern winning the league, only 10 fans arrive at the Leopoldstreet. When one of them started banging the beat of a song on a car, the driver gets out and challenges the Bayern fan for a fist fight.

At 7 pm, there are around 100 fans but the police still hasn't shut traffic down and rather tells the fans to get off the street. Most of the fans are already on their way home.
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-in-muenchen-ueber-meistertitel-a-892945.html

Sounds like quite the fun.

GorillaJu

Was just reading the Ajax paper from the supporters club and it seems we'll have to watch the 15-year old Vaclav Cerny. A talented young attacking midfielder that came over from the Tsjech Republic and scored a hattrick against Benfica in the future cup last week. Never heard of him till last week but from what I understand he's one for the future.

http://eredivisielive.nl/video/125147-58-doelpunt-vaclav-cerny-ajax-17---benfica-17-5-0.html

★★ Vaclav Cerny || Welcome to Liverpool || 2019/2020 Goals/Skills ★★

Wilbur

Banned
Watching the first ep of Girls season 2

I already feel like I'm watching because some of them are hot

You are finally a member of FootballGAF. Welcome, man that was once better than us. Celebrate your depravity.

Anyone got the Fiore - Milan teams??

Linius

It sucks when the match is at 16:30, waiting whole day whilst knowing all your competitors won their games is sucky.

Oh and I can't wait for tomorrow, two glorious hours of Mad Man to watch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You are finally a member of FootballGAF. Welcome, man that was once better than us. Celebrate your depravity.

Anyone got the Fiore - Milan teams??
Fiorentina: Viviano; Roncaglia, Tomovic, Savic, Pasqual; Aquilani, Pizarro, Borja Valero; Cuadrado, Jovetic, Ljajic

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, De Sciglio; Flamini, Montolivo, Muntari; Boateng, Balotelli, El Shaarawy

Wilbur

Banned
Fiorentina: Viviano; Roncaglia, Tomovic, Savic, Pasqual; Aquilani, Pizarro, Borja Valero; Cuadrado, Jovetic, Ljajic

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Zapata, De Sciglio; Flamini, Montolivo, Muntari; Boateng, Balotelli, El Shaarawy

Thanks baby. Fiorentina front six is so good, damn.

nice prince goal, but correctly called back for offside. but for god's sake, what did prince do with his hair. looks hilarious.

Why don't both of you do a Juve and bribe people so you both get three points and Napoli can drop to fourth?

if we both got three points that would be a helluva bribe! i don't even think juve is capable of that one

Paul Smith was going off on one about QPR this morning. He wasn't exactly wrong, but everyone was looking at him and laughing as he ranted with such little substance about their problems. You have to wonder what formal qualifications this guy has, or whether you need them to write for The Mirror and The Sun.

Wilbur

Banned
Paul Smith was going off on one about QPR this morning. He wasn't exactly wrong, but everyone was looking at him and laughing as he ranted with such little substance about their problems. You have to wonder what formal qualifications this guy has, or whether you need them to write for The Mirror and The Sun.

What was he saying :lol

Tc91

Sunday Supplement? Only managed to catch the end when they were discussing United/City, fucking lols how Mancini thinks he has to spend another £100m to compete with us.

Wilbur

Banned
fiorentina look rather unimpressive.

i'm seeing loads of bad passing.

Coming up against a better side I suppose. The majority of the time I've watched them this season they've been really assured. Pizarro's had a superb season.

Salazar

GB, the Paul Smith who makes jackets is the only one you need to care about.

EU9WjPy.jpg

And even he is not what he used to be.

Whoever makes the next OT better have get bent in the title.

something to annoy that pecker frio Andres

red card fiorentina hahaha. someone tell that defender that if you want to do a tactical foul to prevent a breakaway, pull a shirt instead of using an elbow to the face

good job el-sha

edit: wow on replay that was harsh. maybe it was a last-man foul?

bud

oh, come on! this isn't a red card.

i'll have to see it again, but it didn't look like he hit him in the face.

sohois

Sunday Supplement? Only managed to catch the end when they were discussing United/City, fucking lols how Mancini thinks he has to spend another £100m to compete with us.

This thinking is particularly absurd given that all it took for Utd to overhaul City this season (or at least the main factor) was the £20million signing of RvP.

Now, perhaps Mancini is not accounting for player sales, since there are a number of players who will likely leave City at the end of the season plus they never got around to replacing Balotelli in January, but when you look at City's current team all it would really take to get back into contention is one world class player, probably a CM/DM to replace the tepid talents of Barry & Garcia.

Top Bottom