• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

GorillaJu

Arsenal is bigger than Bayern as far as international fans go. No question there. As a brand, Bayern isn't that strong actually. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Milan, Real Madrid, Barca... those are the really strong ones.

FootballFan

Just wait until the CL is back. You'll be back to your old ways in no time ;)

I can't blame you at all though, if we had Spartak fans here then my trolling would go into overdrive. It's going to be so difficult to cheer for them in the big derby game against CSKA on the weekend but it has to be done. I feel dat remuntada for the title this season.

Maybe you're right. We'll see I guess.

I want to be more like Quiche and Fady.

dc89

Aguero is a doubt for the spurs game. Tight hamstring.

But Tevez has scored 8 goals in his last 9 games. So watch out.

Zabojnik

aguerojuve.jpg

Soon.
That must've been the worst jersery in Juve's history.

Lightning

Banned

Fuck off DC. You'd done great against Chelsea but jo nonly half done. Destroy Spurs now!

Silva fit again? Nasri, the manager you said you like the most, needs you to destroy Spurs so hop to it and show your progress!

Almost forget we were playing last night, glad I didn't, as I thought Sam & the boys put in a lot of good work to get something out of that. Diame was impressive again, I think we'll struggle to keep him in the summer - shame the linesman was such a tit and cost us 3 points. RVP's a cunt, but I do enjoy seeing the way United fans fawn over him. I guess they know that it's him and City's ineptitude winning them the title this season.

dc89

Fuck off DC. You'd done great against Chelsea but jo nonly half done. Destroy Spurs now!

Silva fit again? Nasri, the manager you said you like the most, needs you to destroy Spurs so hop to it and show your progress!

Silva could still be injured?

Lightning - No City manager has ever won twice in a row at White Hart lane.

City have only ever done it once. And we changed the manager sometime between that year haha.

Based Mancini, can he do it? #BasedMancini

Lightning

Banned
Silva could still be injured?

Lightning - No City manager has ever won twice in a row at White Hart lane.

City have only ever done it once. And we changed the manager sometime between that year haha.

Based Mancini, can he do it? #BasedMancini
No Silva or Aguero? Life hates me.

I have thy faith in Mancini? I shall cross thy fingers and toes in the hopes that City win or at least get a draw. Don't dare lose.

Lightning

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Radioheadrule83 is one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys on GAF and a Liverpool fan to boot. Boy does it show.
It's a shame those posts have to end with perma bans though. Personally I had an issue with a mod in that way I would PM them to discuss it. Posting it like that will not get you the result you really want either way.

Sucks that Inter have thrown their season away. They had a shot at the CL and they blew that with poor defending and now the cup as well with poor defending. Sucks for them.

Kenka

According to Forbes Arsenal has more value than Bayern. Yeaaah.... no!
I think also real estate in central London is worth more than in the outskirts of Munich. Also the newer TV deals will propel even more English clubs higher in the charts.

Arsenal is bigger than Bayern as far as international fans go. No question there. As a brand, Bayern isn't that strong actually. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Milan, Real Madrid, Barca... those are the really strong ones.
True. And it might change in the future depending on Arsene and Ivan's reluctance to shell out money for talents. If Bayern remain more successful internationally, you can be sure they will pass Arsenal in terms of value (they are already ahead in terms of turnover) and in term of international fan base despite the imminent huge increase in TV rights for the EPL.

Feorax

Anne Williams passed away this moning...

I'm glad she lived to see the truth revealed, but this is the prime example of why 24 years is far too long.

Salazar

Allardyce said:
Some of our players get rubbished for the type of football they play because of me. I think that is a disgrace as well.

Fuck off you primitive. You and Kevin Nolan are prats independent of each other and in collaboration.

Kenka

Lololol, can anyone explain that GAF ?

ZPzldQo.png

How come Barça sees its value being doubled while Bayern stagnates ? I don't get it at all. Did someone do an Excel formula mistake at Forbes ?
And unrelated, what are Corinthians doing in there ?

FootballFan

Must resist urge to talk about penalties. Anyways, Bayern having most counter attacking goals isn't good. That is probably how we concede most our goals that aren't set pieces.

:lol Man Utd have more own goals than we have counter attack goals.

ZPzldQo.png

what are Corinthians doing in there ?

They are the club world cup champions. How are they not higher is what you meant to say.

Would you be happy with getting de Bruyne on loan only? Because from a Chelsea point of view, I wouldn't be happy with letting him go on a permanent basis.

That's why I said it could help us to get de Bruyne. What would we want with a loan?

It all depends on Chelsea. If it's loan only, we're out and he's most likely going to Leverkusen.

Kenka

They are the club world cup champions. How are they not higher is what you meant to say.
This is the growth table. Someone has to explain to me how Barça can double its value YoY.
I wonder how Forbes calculate these things because this makes no sense, even a 7th-grader would point at this figure and shriek out loud: "wtf?!"

ZPzldQo.png

How come Barça sees its value being doubled while Bayern stagnates ? I don't get it at all. Did someone do an Excel formula mistake at Forbes ?
And unrelated, what are Corinthians doing in there ?

New shirt deal shows their commercial revenues are nowhere near saturated, unlike Bayern who depend heavily on commercial deals for revenue (as do most Bundesliga teams). Add to that the fact that half the team won Euro 2012, Barca still have the best player in the world, and appeal in EMs which Bayern doesn't have and it's easy to see why. Shirt deal is the main reason, their commercial potential is huge.

FootballFan

This is the growth table. Someone has to explain to me how Barça can double its value YoY.
I wonder how Forbes calculate these things because this makes no sense, even a 7th-grader would point at this figure and shriek out loud: "wtf?!"

Més que un club.

FootballFan

Nickelback was playing in his head when he said it.

Just read it to the tune of How You Remind Me.

"Other teams win and they're happy,
but they lack the fuckin identity...
the result is an impostor.
There is something greater than the result,
There is something, greater than the,
*drum kicks in*
There is something, greater than the fuckin result,
There is something, greater than the fuckin result,

something more,
durable: The Legacy"

Still can't believe Nickleback are Fry's favourite. Dat taste.

Top Bottom