• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Requeim

BIIan-dCYAA4-G8.jpg

So the rumours are true. Agnelli, Nedved, Marotta and Pessotto are in Madrid to discuss 'something' with Perez.

Possibilities:

-Juve-CR7: sogno possibile
-To ask them politely to back the fuck off Vidal
-Exchange between Cunte and Moucunt.
-Karim Benzema or Higauin to Juve next season.
-We want all of their flops on loan with an option to buy a co-ownership.
-It's Arbeloa's dream to meet Nedved.

Edit: Bottom of the page. WHY god :(

Aaaand back on top you go ;)

BIIan-dCYAA4-G8.jpg

So the rumours are true. Agnelli, Nedved, Marotta and Pessotto are in Madrid to discuss 'something' with Perez.

Possibilities:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Likelihood is frightening.

Slizz

BIIan-dCYAA4-G8.jpg

Possibilities:

Very interesting..... Real is probably jus gonna snipe some Juve players =P

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay, so I guess we signed Perez?

BIIlNozCUAApX7c.jpg

BIInliiCUAAVuHt.png

It's for a charity game. Juve legends vs Madrid legends! Nedved, Pessotto, Davids, Zidane, Hierro, Figo (and hopefully Del Piero) will participate.

Kenka said:
You are very level-headed poster Yurt. I say it without sarcasm (although as childish as this warning can be).

I try my best! I can't help it when it comes to certain clubs though.
KuGsj.gif

Fifa´s official site has an article on the rise of our young players with some focus on Eric Dier.

Sporting’s young lions hungry for glory

It has been a problematic season for Sporting CP. Their championship challenge never got off the ground, while early eliminations from the Taca de Portugal, UEFA Europa League and Portuguese League Cup left little for their fans to get excited about. Yet, after dropping uncomfortably close to the bottom of the table, Os Verde-e-Brancos have hit their stride in recent weeks, their pride restored thanks to a policy that has brought them great success in the past.

The turnaround in Sporting’s fortunes came about when Jesualdo Ferreira arrived in the dugout in January. Deciding to take a calculated risk, the new coach gave his backing to a clutch of young players to emerge from the club’s celebrated academy.

Though the three consecutive wins that marked the start of his reign were followed by some less positive results, Ferreira had marked the way forward. And as Sporting’s latest run of form has shown, the coach’s decision to inject some youthful vitality into a side short on confidence is paying off handsomely.

“When I came to Sporting I decided to share some ideas of mine with the board,” said Ferreira. “I wanted to put them into practice and that’s what I’ve done. I didn’t know many of these players but they’ve proved more than good enough to help us climb the table.”

The Lisbon club lay 12th in the table when Ferreira took charge, just one point above the relegation zone. Since then, however, they have climbed to seventh and lie just two points adrift of the Europa League qualification places.

“We need more points if we want to get into Europe, and we’ll be looking to these players to get them,” vowed Ferreira. “They’ve got the qualities you’d expect of young players. They’re carefree and they like to express themselves, sometimes a bit too much. Their confidence is a trump card for us.”

Following the stars

Not for nothing are Sporting famed for their ability to nurture young talent. The likes of Paulo Futre, Luis Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Joao Moutinho and Nani are just a few of the great players to have rolled off the club’s production line and make their names in world football.

Hopes are high that the current crop can chart a similar path to stardom, hopes that have been raised by three straight wins as part of a five-game unbeaten run, proof that age and experience does not always matter.

The average age of the Sporting line-up in those last five games was a mere 22, with the 26-year-old Miguel Lopes the oldest player in the side. Partners in the centre of defence, Marcos Rojo and Tiago Ilori are 23 and 20 respectively, while wing man Bruma, who is already attracting the interest of Europe’s biggest clubs, is only 18.

Another factor in the club’s recent revival has been the adaptability of their young assets. A prime example of that is 19-year-old Eric Dier, who was playing for the reserves when Ferreira made his entrance at the Alvalade. Promptly drafted into the first team, Dier played on the right side of defence and at centre-half before his coach handed him a holding role in midfield, detecting his ability to offer something else to the team.

Excelling in his new position, the English-born player is aware of the part the legends of the past play in inspiring Sporting’s new breed of stars: “The club is very proud of its academy and the work it has done. We can’t compete financially with other big clubs in Europe and we know what it takes to make players develop here. The names of Figo and Ronaldo are always in our minds when we go about our work at the academy.”

A wise head between the posts

Sporting’s youngsters face the biggest test of their short careers this Sunday, when they take on unbeaten championship leaders Benfica at the Estadio da Luz. Despite the points gap that separates the two sides in the table, Os Leões are determined to disrupt As Águias’ title push.

Though just 25, goalkeeper Rui Patricio is one of the most experienced members of the team and yet another shining example of Sporting’s commitment to its youth policy.

Their first-choice custodian for the last six seasons and also Portugal’s No1, Patricio voiced Sporting’s desire and ambition ahead of this weekend’s Lisbon clássico: “Derbies are always tight games and we know it’s going to be tough, but we are Sporting and we’re going to the Luz to win. That’s what we’ve got our minds set on.”

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brilliant article on Vidal by Horncastle.

A whirlwind of energy and hyper activity, there was a moment midway through the second half of Monday night’s trip to Lazio that epitomized Vidal. A ball came loose on the edge of the Juventus penalty area. He slid to recover it, got up and then went on the charge, beating one man, then a second and a third before offloading it, even gesturing to whom his teammate should pass it.

Any normal person would by then have felt the burn of lactic acid building up in their muscles and relented. Not Vidal. He just gritted his teeth and got on with it. No wonder they call him El Guerrero or The Warrior back in his native Chile.

Look more closely at the 19 goals Vidal has scored for Juventus over the last 18 months and you gain an appreciation of just how decisive a player he is to his team.

Six have come when the scoreline was 0-0 and broke the deadlock. Eight have come when Juventus were 1-0 up and looking to put the game beyond opponents. One came when his team were 2-1 down in the Italian Super Cup in Beijing and was the equaliser that sent the game to extra-time and penalties, which Juventus won. Another was at Stamford Bridge in September, which grabbed his team a foothold in the game and allowed them to clamber back from 2-0 down to record a 2-2 draw with Chelsea, the Champions League holders.

tumblr_mld6sx0Amw1r30r4xo4_250.gif

Man, fuck the Following.

That woman stabbing herself in the head wtf

This sounds...awesome! How is it so far?

Top Bottom