• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Mastadon

Banned
Damnit.

Chelsea also being linked to Pellegrini and Heynckes , apparently.

Heynckes is getting on for 70 isn't he? I think Roman still wants to go ahead with the transition phase of getting rid of the older players and installing a fresh, young manager.

sohois

Lololol, can anyone explain that GAF ?

ZPzldQo.png

How come Barça sees its value being doubled while Bayern stagnates ? I don't get it at all. Did someone do an Excel formula mistake at Forbes ?
And unrelated, what are Corinthians doing in there ?

The main reason are that Forbes valuations are just made up bullshit plucked straight from their arses.

Kenka

I think also real estate in central London is worth more than in the outskirts of Munich. Also the newer TV deals will propel even more English clubs higher in the charts.

Sorry to quote myself from the last page but this just feel down like a ripe fruit:
Bayern München darf Vereinsgelände nahe der Arena bauen

Uli Hoeneß und die Bayern dürfen nach Norden expandieren

Grünes Licht für die Roten: Fußball-Rekordmeister Bayern München darf sein Vereinsgelände im Münchner Norden (Freimann) unweit der eigenen Arena bebauen. Das entschied der Planungsausschuss des Münchner Stadtrats. Der Klub will auf dem 30 Hektar großen Areal an der Ingolstädter Straße mehrere Sportplätze, vier Hallen für bis zu 5000 Zuschauer und ein Vereinsheim errichten. Insbesondere die Sparten Amateurfußball, Basketball, Handball, Leichtathletik und Turnen sollen dort eine neue Heimat finden. Ein Umzug der Profi-Fußballer von der Säbener Straße an den Stadtrand ist dagegen nicht geplant.

http://www.sportal.de/bayern-muench...de-nahe-der-arena-bauen-1-2013041826380300000
So, yeah I know Bayern is more than football but what do you do when you have loads of money ? You turn into a real estate company. I welcome our new FC Bayern München e.V. overlords and their cigares.

fcbayern-gold-1_181_182.gif

I can't believe you'd want rid of Rooney. Even if he's having a shit season, he's still scored some vital goals and provided assists. I guess I could understand if you had somebody lined up to replace him, but if you don't find a suitable replacement you're left with RVP, Welbeck and Chicharito (assuming he isn't off in the summer as well).

edit:

disclaimer - I didn't see the game today.
Rooney can get bent.

It's not just that he plays shit. He's not even fit. He's spend half this season trying to get to match fitness.

200k a week.

I'd sell him for £20m if we had to.

There must be some remit that the government could pass down to ban incoming transfers (large ones at least) until the debt is paid? Especially Real and Barca, assuming that both are in debt to the government.
The government agreed to allow for the debts not to be paid until further notice. In fact if I remember correctly it actually cancelled some of the debt altogether.

The government agreed to allow for the debts not to be paid until further notice. In fact if I remember correctly it actually cancelled some of the debt altogether.

I thought debt was only ever cancelled when it was for humanistic reasons (African aid, post-war support etc) or when it was mutually beneficial (cancelled debt for future trade)

What could football clubs have possibly offered the government to have them cancel parts of their debt? Or is it merely another systematic lack of logic and fairness in Spanish football?

bud23

I thought debt was only ever cancelled when it was for humanistic reasons (African aid, post-war support etc) or when it was mutually beneficial (cancelled debt for future trade)

What could football clubs have possibly offered the government to have them cancel parts of their debt? Or is it merely another systematic lack of logic and fairness in Spanish football?

The latter. We are a disgrace. That´s why La liga is shit, clubs operating beyond the laws, and nobody cares about.

Spain hasn't seen unemployment this bad since 30´s, six million out of work. But really, who cares when your football teams are so powerful? When you are the world champion?

Panem et circenses, my friend. I hate my country with a passion.

sohois

Lenders are free to cancel debt whenever they like, there's nothing to prevent them from saying just don't pay me back.

As for the why, there's probably all kind of reasons that one might give. I'd wouldn't be surprised if a significant factor was key members of the Spanish government just being football fans themselves.

Economically, I could imagine an argument that La Liga represents a huge tourism draw and marketing opportunity for Spain.

I daresay there's a great deal of pride in the achievements of the Spanish national team at a time when everything else is going so poorly

There's also the fact that destroying the league, which would happen if they called in all the debt, would be a pr disaster with the Spanish public even given the shocking financial situation; they don't want to further rile and unhappy populace.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BIIan-dCYAA4-G8.jpg

So the rumours are true. Agnelli, Nedved, Marotta and Pessotto are in Madrid to discuss 'something' with Perez.

Possibilities:

-Juve-CR7: sogno possibile
-To ask them politely to back the fuck off Vidal
-Exchange between Cunte and Moucunt.
-Karim Benzema or Higauin to Juve next season.
-We want all of their flops on loan with an option to buy a co-ownership.
-It's Arbeloa's dream to meet Nedved.

Edit: Bottom of the page. WHY god :(

Top Bottom