• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Welbeck - Been more consistent that Rooney and RVP this year,

He sure has. Sadly being consistently shit isn't a good thing.
ibqokmtG7Tdf4k.png

L1NETT

He sure has. Sadly being consistently shit isn't a good thing.
ibqokmtG7Tdf4k.png

Strange, in most big games he plays really well. But yeah, good point, Wellbeck has been shit all season. Can't believe the best manager in the world keeps picking him, as does the England manager. They know nothing...the fools.

One bought Bebe, the other Christian Poulsen. I have more trophies than them in FM.

Send in your CV. I'm sure they will delighted to shred it :p

Strange, in most big games he plays really well. But yeah, good point, Wellbeck has been shit all season. Can't believe the best manager in the world keeps picking him, as does the England manager. They know nothing...the fools.

One bought Bebe, the other Christian Poulsen. I have more trophies than them in FM.

Ferguson fair enough, although he has his blind spots. A Hodgson decision is often very far from a good decision though. We're talking about a man who though Christan Poulsen was good, and Paul Fucking Konchesky was worth two promising youngsters and £5m.

Also a man who responds to derby defeats like this

MoyesHodgson_2515331.jpg

(Not the actual image, but its very close)

FootballFan

Just a random question but according to Wiki, Llorente has only 1 goal in 19 appearances this season. How has he been so goal shy and is he really the elite striker Juventus need?

Most if not all are sub appearances. Aduriz starts for them and has 15+ goals. With Aduriz having a great season and all the contract delaying crap from Llorente, he has been a bench player all season lol.

Lightning

Banned
This game is so boring. Really not looking forward to seeing Hull City back in the Premier League.
What do you reckon of Cardiff in the PL with their old guard players?

Really hard to see Hull City not coming up. They are almost there. Can't say I'm thrilled at watching them play though.

What do you reckon of Cardiff in the PL with their old guard players?

I only know like 5 or 6 of their players, so I don't really know how they'll do. Like every promoted side they'll need a goalscorer, and not someone like Heidar Helguson. Interestingly none of their players has scored more than 11 league goals this season.

Hixx

I only know like 5 or 6 of their players, so I don't really know how they'll do. Like every promoted side they'll need a goalscorer, and not someone like Heidar Helguson. Interestingly none of their players has scored more than 11 league goals this season.

Campbell's going at a rate of 1 in 2 for them I believe

FootballFan

Marco Rojas (The Kiwi Messi) has apparently agreed terms to join Liverpool ? According to DailyFail.

I knew he'd make it. What a legend. From sheep farming, to the big leagues in Europe.

L1NETT

Really looking forward to seeing Cardiff in the PL. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent big ish in the summer, maybe nab some of the better championship players. Murray to finally get a go? Also nice to see Whittingham get a chance in the big leauges

Hull are a decent side but it is a fucking hole.

Meier

That's not bad, but like Sylvan Ebanks-Blake he's not good enough for the Premier League and there's no way he's not going to score enough goals to keep them up.

Depending on what happens to Watford, Cardiff should offer a big chunk for Vydra if Udinese will part with him. I thought it was great how Soton were willing to spend on Ramirez and others when coming up. Made a huge difference. Reading did nothing but get Pog the Log and therefore they're going back down.

L1NETT

We all know Cardiff will sign Kenny Miller and Rob Earnshaw and go straight back down.

Jay Bothroyd. Would be good little cheeky signing I reckon. Ex player, likes it there.

One of the many from the QPR exodus. Samba, Park, Granero, Cesar, Remy and Hoilett to be the others?

3Sixty

Jay Bothroyd. Would be good little cheeky signing I reckon. Ex player, likes it there.

One of the many from the QPR exodus. Samba, Park, Granero, Cesar, Remy and Hoilett to be the others?

Zamora?

I can't see them doing much business to be honest.

Meier

Can it be the summer pleeeeaaaaaasssseee? I want to see some transfers. Kondogbia, Jovetic, Maher, Gotze, Eriksen, Will Hughes, Sam Byram, Marquinhos... come to papa!

pappe

Guys I totally confused . I am being offered a job in Dubai. With initial pay of app. $40k as a package and the company will be providing housing. Is that good enough to survive in Dubai with a decent lifestyle? It's just me and wife. No children.

Meier

Posted this in the MLS thread too but figured my Footy-GAF bros would be happy for me as well..

Big news for Orlando City! Seems like it is only a matter of time.

ORLANDO MAYOR BUDDY DYER CONFIRMS LAND PURCHASE DOWNTOWN IS PREFERRED STADIUM SITE

City of Orlando has bought 21 parcels of land along Church Street, a block West of Amway Center

Major news occurred Wednesday night, with Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer confirming to WFTV Channel 9 that the land the City of Orlando has been acquiring downtown is the preferred site for a multi-purpose soccer stadium. The two blocks where the stadium will be located are bordered by Central Boulevard, Church Street, Terry and Parramore avenues.

In an interview with WFTV Channel 9, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said the location would be a ‘perfect’ spot for the potential soccer stadium.

“I can tell you with certainty that is where we would like to construct the stadium,” he said in the interview. “It makes sense.”

Orlando ownership have stated that the club is aiming for entry into MLS by the end of 2013, and with it, play in a new downtown stadium by the 2015 MLS season.
http://orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1289

Guys I totally confused . I am being offered a job in Dubai. With initial pay of app. $40k as a package and the company will be providing housing. Is that good enough to survive in Dubai with a decent lifestyle? It's just me and wife. No children.

Congrats either way! I'd love to live in Dubai.. dat architecture.

pappe

Congrats either way! I'd love to live in Dubai.. dat architecture.
Thanks but I really how expensive the Living cost is in Dubai. I am really confused of course it wud be a big decision and want advice from all channels I can get.

Lightning

Banned
Thanks but I really how expensive the Living cost is in Dubai. I am really confused of course it wud be a big decision and want advice from all channels I can get.
It's hard to advise this sort of decision. It depends if you and your wife want to go, how much you want the job, how much you enjoy your life the way it is, research the Dubai lifestyle to see if it suits you and your partner etc...

Fantastic opportunity either way. Congrats on that.

Wes

venison crêpe

Remember that's $40k no tax too (probably). A buddy of mine worked out there for 15 months or so on £20k I believe. I think the main thing is how well do you think you can adapt to the drastic culture shock and the heat.

pappe

It's hard to advise this sort of decision. It depends if you and your wife want to go, how much you want the job, how much you enjoy your life the way it is, research the Dubai lifestyle to see if it suits you and your partner etc...

Fantastic opportunity either way. Congrats on that.
I think me and my wife will enjoy the life there. It seems our kind of city but have little idea abt how expensive it really is?

pappe

Remember that's $40k no tax too (probably). A buddy of mine worked out there for 15 months or so on £20k I believe. I think the main thing is how well do you think you can adapt to the drastic culture shock and the heat.
Yea it's tax free. Seems very exciting on paper and stuff.

Stuff like school fees would be expensive if you had to pay them. I know housing is pretty expensive, so it's good they're taking care of that. My parents rent their house there out for a pretty stupid amount. I can't remember about food and that, but like most places I don't think it's too bad unless you're eating out a lot.

You probably best sending Fady a PM or making a thread in OT.

As Wes said I think the most important thing is making sure that lifestyle is for you.

pappe

Stuff like school fees would be expensive if you had to pay them. I know housing is pretty expensive, so it's good they're taking care of that. My parents rent their house there out for a pretty stupid amount. I can't remember about food and that, but like most places I don't think it's too bad unless you're eating out a lot.

You probably best sending Fady a PM or making a thread in OT.
Yea I was thinking abt making a thread but will decide on making it once I get ALL the minute details before that. Will be gng there next week. Hope it turns out to be a positive trip.

Batongen

Banned
LCVG is down and I just went down the memory lane and checked why we started the new forum in the first place by going back to 2009s ft thread of neogaf. How naive I was back then.

Top Bottom