• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Reports of Toure (Kolo) to LFC on a free all over the place tonight. If he's willing to take the pay cut the move would require, he could be a good signing on a free.

Times also saying Papdopolous is a prime target.

Also being linked with Diego Capel. Anyone know much about him?
Happy with Toure as an experienced backup to Papadopoulos. Wouldn't be happy if we failed to get the Greek and used Toure first choice.

Diego Capel's class. Said for years that I'd love us to sign him.

Was he gentle during coitus?

ib1yNiDCUW4tll.gif

Feorax

Meier

Reports of Toure (Kolo) to LFC on a free all over the place tonight. If he's willing to take the pay cut the move would require, he could be a good signing on a free.

On the whole, I thought Kolo had a nice season. He was far better than Lescott and obviously leagues better than Richards when he played as a CB. I was surprised at the pace Kolo still has despite his age.

I was surprised that he turned down both Gala and Fener this season despite the fact they'd pay him a high wage. He apparently wanted to stay in England so a Liverpool move would make sense.

Tc91

Andy Dunn on SS1 said Bale would cost £80m, not a chance. £50-60m for him.

They were talking about Moyes at United and how Fergie has to step back and stay away from Old Trafford on match days until around Christmas time. If in the first CL game at Old Trafford we go 1-0 down the camera will be straight to Fergie in the directors box.

It would just heap huge pressure on Moyes.

Wes

venison crêpe
Kolo Toure Liverpool? I thought you were meant to be building something, not resorting to stop gap measures.

Meier

The DM say Nike is only giving City £12m a year for the new kit deal. Shocked the team would take anything less than £20m and even more so that they'd sign an apparent 6 year deal at that cut-rate price. It makes me a little skeptical really.

In other news, they also claim we have "no interest" in Falcao so there's that.

Carbonox

I'd take Toure at Newcastle to replace Coloccini (PLS DONT LEAVE BABBY) for a year or two. Him, Taylor and Mbiwa would be decent, with Curtis Good and someone new (FUCK YOU WILLIAMSON YOU CUNT) as the 'reserves'.

Meier

Andy Dunn on SS1 said Bale would cost £80m, not a chance. £50-60m for him.

I would believe £80m tbh. I think he'd only go for as low as £50-60m if it was outside the EPL but even that seems unlikely since they'd want to get as much as possible from the clubs who could afford that (PSG, Monaco, Madrid, etc.)

Tc91

The DM say Nike is only giving City £12m a year for the new kit deal. Shocked the team would take anything less than £20m and even more so that they'd sign an apparent 6 year deal at that cut-rate price. It makes me a little skeptical really.

In other news, they also claim we have "no interest" in Falcao so there's that.

Just seen that:
Stuart Brennan ‏@StuBrennanMEN 6m
City are indicating they have no interest in Falcao

I don't know if I believe it unless everyone knows that Falcao is heading to Monaco. I'm sure City will be sniffing around and making inquiries about him. Also:

Stuart Brennan ‏@StuBrennanMEN 10m
Italian journo Gianlica di Marzio saying City reps met with Napoli today to talk about Cavani

My brother will be gutted:

Stuart Brennan ‏@StuBrennanMEN 13m
Reports from Spain saying City are offering Malaga £16m plus Denis Suarez for Isco

Feorax

Kolo Toure Liverpool? I thought you were meant to be building something, not resorting to stop gap measures.

The log terms will be Kelly, and probably Papadopolous, but we are massively lacking in experience and leadership, especially if Reina goes too.

Toure has won the league twice and can seemingly still do a job. If he's on a free, I can think of worse signings.

Lightning

Banned
The log terms will be Kelly, and probably Papadopolous, but we are massively lacking in experience and leadership, especially if Reina goes too.

Toure has won the league twice and can seemingly still do a job. If he's on a free, I can think of worse signings.
Rodgers will give 10mil to Swansea for Williams.

Arnie

On the whole, I thought Kolo had a nice season. He was far better than Lescott and obviously leagues better than Richards when he played as a CB. I was surprised at the pace Kolo still has despite his age.

I was surprised that he turned down both Gala and Fener this season despite the fact they'd pay him a high wage. He apparently wanted to stay in England so a Liverpool move would make sense.
That's good, I have to say I can't remember him having any stinkers, and City have been fairly solid defensively this season.
Come on man, you can't have a team of complete youngsters. If you lose an experienced premier league defender like Carragher you need to bring in something of a replacement.

We're looking to sign the likes of Papadopoulos and Ilori as well, both of which are foreign and around the age of 21.

Think logically. A player of Toure's experience available on a free and willing to take a huge wage cut. Good signing.

That's good, I have to say I can't remember him having any stinkers, and City have been fairly solid defensively this season.

Come on man, you can't have a team of complete youngsters. If you lose an experienced premier league defender like Carragher you need to bring in something of a replacement.

We're looking to sign the likes of Papadopoulos and Ilori as well, both of which are foreign and around the age of 21.

Think logically. A player of Toure's experience available on a free and willing to take a huge wage cut. Good signing.
Agree with the logic but for some reason Toure as that experienced option at CB has Gallas vibes about it. Not sure why...

I doubt you'll use him much anyways.

Mastadon

Banned

I agree, we should rely on a team full of youngsters with little premier league experience or leadership qualities.

How did that work out for Villa again? ;)

fuenf

That's what some Bayern fan posted in here :lol

Edit: Here, it was ElMuerto

lol that isnt making it any better. Perhabs he's thinking Arsenal or something like that :) I dont see how you can 'build up' a likeable team. A team is either likeable or not and once they are succesful they either fade into obilvion or continue to dominate and thus wont be likeable anymore. I don't see that being the case with Dortmund really. Dortmund is simply one of the top 2 (5) teams in Europe currently and wont be leaving the top 10 anytime soon.

Carbonox

Anyone seen the news just now? A fucking tank of a tornado just obliterated a city near Oklahoma City. Looks like a nuke went off. Never seen anything like it.

fuenf

Holy shit, did you take a look at the odds for the CL Final?

bwin: Bayern 1.7; Dortmund 4.2; Draw 4.1

damn it's very tempting to put down 50€ on Dortmund or Draw.

Hixx

Lots of papers running with players complaining to the PFA about Di Canio's fines... I mean, it's not like Paolo told the press in his post-Spurs chat that they had already done so.

Tomorrow will apparently be interesting. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom