• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just kidding, get bent

City-Fake-PLayer_2511765b.jpg

Statement said that City would be taking a holistic approach going forward. It seems like people in the UK are not familiar with the word's usage.. I've seen it brought up a lot as if it isn't a pretty straightforward concept.

In other news, the team who won the FA Cup has never been relegated in the same season. Another negative record City helped set this season. :( First English team to go without a win in the UCL as well as the lowest point total ever and then that. Ugh.

Case in point I guess.

I always thought holistic was only used for medicine, as a byword for bullshit con-merchants pretending to cure cancer with herbs

Seems it basically means they'll be changing the problems from top to bottom rather than simply throwing Bobby Mancoids out on his arse and considering it job done.

Still, silly word to use in a statement :p

Meier

I always thought holistic was only used for medicine, as a byword for bullshit con-merchants pretending to cure cancer with herbs

Seems it basically means they'll be changing the problems from top to bottom rather than simply throwing Bobby Mancoids out on his arse and considering it job done.

Still, silly word to use in a statement :p

Hey if nothing else they've taught you and probably a few others the meaning of the word. Wholesale is a synonym of holistic -- maybe that's more familiar to folks but it's less formal.

Kolo injured and on comes Maicon. Micah will shift to CB I suppose.

Linius

A Dutch paper analysed every league game of the season to clear out ref decisions that were wrong and the top four would have looked like this...

jFSHEeQ.png

Conclusion was that Ajax had the most of bad luck of all title contenders.

mtj5stC.png

The reason people find "holistic" funny is because it's dressing up the situation. It feels like a cop out.

People know what the word means.

Tunnicliffe would probably be good at rugby haha.

Hey if nothing else they've taught you and probably a few others the meaning of the word. Wholesale is a synonym of holistic -- maybe that's more familiar to folks but it's less formal.

Kolo injured and on comes Maicon. Micah will shift to CB I suppose.

'Manchester City are anaspeptic to announce the phrasmotic appointment of Manuel Pellegrini with compunctious effect. With Manuel's arrival, we regret to inform you that Brian Kidd has departed the club. We offer our deepest pericombobulations and contrafibularities to Brian for the work he has done for the club.'

Suen

Have we switched off? We're defending and doing counters but otherwise barely pushing forward.

edit: alright a corner, better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom