• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel like there's a section of this forum who are trying to convince everyone to buy Remember Me as some bizarre display of feminism and promotion of industry-equality? Fuse was endlessly shat on, and Remember Me looks just as generic and mediocre

FootballFan

Guys, for once, since there is nothing else on, watch the last round La Liga with me. :(

Race for 4th:

Valencia(4th) are 2 points ahead of Sociedad(5th). Valencia are playing Sevilla away and Sociedad play Deportivo(relegation zone), so it's very possible that Valencia fuck it up.

Based Griezmann will lead Sociedad to the 4th spot and make Sviat a happy man.

Relegation battle:

The bottom 4 teams are:

Deportivo----------35
Celta Vigo---------34
Zaragoza----------34
Mallorca-----------33

Keit4's team are in danger-zone, and they play Sociedad who will be going hard for 4th.

Out of those 4 teams, the bottom one Mallorca has the easiest tie so they could somehow miraculously make it.

100 points:

If we beat Malaga we will equal the points tally in one season set by Mourinho. Hope it happens so that fool has less things to be remembered for. + ManUtd/Madrid fans can watch Thiago.

Real Madrid being shit:

Who doesn't want to see that? Mou didn't put Iker in the squad even though Lopez is injured :lol - Gentlemen club.

Or of course you can just watch Bayern destroy Stuttgart in the German cup final..

Blablurn

Guys, for once, since there is nothing else on, watch the last round La Liga with me. :(

Race for 4th:

Valencia(4th) are 2 points ahead of Sociedad(5th). Valencia are playing Sevilla away and Sociedad play Deportivo(relegation zone), so it's very possible that Valencia fuck it up.

Relegation battle:

The bottom 4 teams are:

Deportivo----------35
Celta Vigo---------34
Zaragoza----------34
Mallorca-----------33

Keit4's team are in danger-zone, and they play Sociedad who will be going hard for 4th.

Out of those 4 teams, the bottom one Mallorca has the easiest tie so they could somehow miraculously make it.

100 points:

If we beat Malaga we will equal the points tally in one season set by Mourinho. Hope it happens so that fool has less things to be remembered for. + ManUtd/Madrid fans can watch Thiago.

Real Madrid being shit:

Who doesn't want to see that? Mou didn't put Iker in the squad even though Lopez is injured :lol - Gentlemen club.

Or of course you can just watch Bayern destroy Stuttgart in the German cup final..

Mou not putting iker in the squad is so ridiculous. I actually liked Mourinho when he was at Chelsea. But since he left them he got worse and worse every year. Too bad we didn't beat him 2010 in the CL final.

Blablurn

Even I was rooting for you in that final :p

Sorry : ( If Müller had scored that one big chance after the half time :((

ahhh well...

iLAF6kTYQcZaZ.gif

MPW

Mou not putting iker in the squad is so ridiculous. I actually liked Mourinho when he was at Chelsea. But since he left them he got worse and worse every year. Too bad we didn't beat him 2010 in the CL final.

not just casillas

No ronaldo,kaka,pepe,ramos,

485563_10152890406895383_867159960_n.jpg

i know many madrid fans are SO happy that he's gone but we'll see what happens next season

if madrid don't make it to semi final in CL next season, they will be wishing he was still here

oh and casillas should not be the captain for madrid, he's a horrible leader and a diva

not just casillas

i know many madrid fans are SO happy that he's gone but we'll see what happens next season

if madrid don't make it to semi final in CL next season, they will be wishing he was still here

oh and casillas should not be the captain for madrid, he's a horrible leader and a diva

Suarez should be your captain

Lightning

Banned
not just casillas

What is your issue with Casillas? He is a fantastic goalkeeper and Madrid don't know what they've got there or they've forgotten what they have there.

MPW

What is your issue with Casillas? He is a fantastic goalkeeper and Madrid don't know what they've got there or they've forgotten what they have there.

what is my issue with casillas?

lets see, leaking stories to the media cause he got benched instead of working hard and getting his spot back, what a diva

lopez had a better season than him

he thinks he's above criticism and he's spot is safe no matter what, even if he's having a mediocre season

Lightning

Banned
what is my issue with casillas?

lets see, leaking stories to the media cause he got benched instead of working hard and getting his spot back, what a diva

lopez had a better season than him

he thinks he's above criticism and he's spot is safe no matter what, even if he's having a mediocre season
Is it not more he got dropped after a faling out with Mou after raising questions over squad selection? There is more to the Iker dropping than simple form and even Perez admitted that he felt Iker was the best gk in the world but the manager chooses the team.

Mou wanted to change the mentality of the dressing room and so he choose to fight certain senior personal. One being Iker, there was the Sergio Ramos issue and Ronaldo and Mou don't seem to be that tight either.

Madrid were kinda likeable before Mou and hopefully they can get some of it back but Mou's a cunt. Your club are better off without the likes of him. There are many avenues to success but Mou brings too much shit to the table. He's a fucking poison.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/player-of-the-season-1st-cazorla

Thank you for the season Santi Cazorla. Excellent player and imo our best player currently. Well deserved to be our player of the season.

Wes

venison crêpe

Race for 4th:

Relegation battle:

The bottom 4 teams are:

Deportivo----------35
Celta Vigo---------34
Zaragoza----------34
Mallorca-----------33

100 points:

Real Madrid being shit:

Nice roundup. I'll try to catch the Sociedad game.

fuenf

Didn't Robben bottle a one-on-one as well?

Nah he didnt, he just flat out sucked. Müller had our only real chance. Robben's performance was only disappointing because he carried them into the final and then disappeared.

hm, no idea actually :D Actually I don't remember much from that game. Only that I wasnt even mad back then. We were just not ready at that time.

and this just arrived via mail

g4u4Bjc.jpg

Nice shirt. Yeah 2010 was a fun ride, I wasnt mad or anything after the final just proud of the team. I guess it's same way Dortmund fans feel now, or would feel if they hadnt lost to Bayern of all teams ;)

Nah he didnt, he just flat out sucked. Müller had our only real chance. Robben's performance was only disappointing because he carried them into the final and then disappeared.

Nice shirt. Yeah 2010 was a fun ride, I wasnt mad or anything after the final just proud of the team. I guess it's same way Dortmund fans feel now, or would feel if they hadnt lost to Bayern of all teams ;)

What was the other final Robben bottled a one-on-one in? Or did he do it twice in the 2010 WC final?

Plasma

Banned
Lots of talk about Julio Cesar coming to Arsenal I think he'd be a good signing for us. At his age we'd probably get a couple of seasons out him so it wouldn't have too much of an impact on Chesney's development either.

FootballFan

Nice roundup. I'll try to catch the Sociedad game.

:)

I'm rooting for Sociedad.

And in case you want to know, Madrid's match is first, then when that finishes Barca plays Malaga. All the other games start at the same time(after Barca - Malaga finishes).

West Ham home & away kits for next season;

bj4Tp6n.jpg
v13OU2j.jpg

Hate that collar on the home kit and the white over the claret and blue looks odd, but the away kit is fucking sexy. Looks just like the 1985 away strip.

Lightning

Banned
Lots of talk about Julio Cesar coming to Arsenal I think he'd be a good signing for us. At his age we'd probably get a couple of seasons out him so it wouldn't have too much of an impact on Chesney's development either.
Think Cesar is a big enough step forward? He hasn't been that impressive whenever I've seen him although QPR hung him out to dry a lot.

Only a 2 year deal we offered though. Minimal transfer fee and 3.4mil per season is low risk so there's that.

fuenf

What was the other final Robben bottled a one-on-one in? Or did he do it twice in the 2010 WC final?

I don't know. I only remember the 1v1 from the WC and last weeks final. He missed his penalties vs Liverpool in the CL semis, vs Chelsea in the Final and vs. Dortmund in the most important BL match last season (plus another tap in).

But you know what? It doesnt matter. ;)WHAT A PLAYER, <3 Robben!

FootballFan

West Ham home & away kits for next season;

bj4Tp6n.jpg
v13OU2j.jpg

Hate that collar on the home kit and the white over the claret and blue looks odd, but the away kit is fucking sexy. Looks just like the 1985 away strip.

Can't wait to see fans' player of the season, vice-captain and club player of the season Winston Reid in it.

FootballFan

Can someone explain twitter a little to me. So Wooden tweets me saying my avatar sucks. Do I reply by just typing in "@WoodenLung'sShitName Hey bro, midtyland for life" ?

Also:

From totalBarca

bchV49Y.png

from that to

fOLbnf6.jpg

What a legend.

Meanwhile, Cesc went from that to

ohL930l.jpg

Plasma

Banned
Think Cesar is a big enough step forward?

Well his won the league five times and the CL once with Inter, obviously coming from QPR it looks like a step up but his been there and done it before.

I've only seen him play once this season and that was against us, he played out of his skin and kept QPR in the game, I think we only won 1-0 and that was from an offside goal.

FootballFan

Sviat wtf? I am getting like 15 minute delay in one "channel" and getting random ads on another. Even though I was just watching it and it was the 5th minute.

edit
Don't worry, fixed.

edit edit
wtf CSKA scored? Fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom