• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thiago Motta, who now plays for Paris Saint-Germain, revealed that Mourinho's spell at San Siro was also plagued by problems behind the scenes, but believes he was helped by the press being kept from finding out about from it.

"I'm familiar with the agitation in the Madrid dressing room," the 30-year-old told Onda Cero. "Maybe it's a strategy of his, because the same thing happened to us at Inter.

"It was different, because there wasn't so much talk [in the press] - things did not leave the dressing room as much"

FootballFan

Yes it is. Anzhi's set of attacking players is pretty decent. If they could shore up their lolworthy defense then they could challenge for the league next season.

Yeah, if I were to judge from this one game I'd say that too.

Willian is awesome though.

------------Messi-------------
Neymar - Willian - Sanchez
------Thiago ---- Busquets---

Can't wait.

Blablurn

ibm1n5OQzHgL4K.gif

I just love how Subotic kneels down before the goal

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol what is he doing?

m4pnJch.jpg

"Where's Podolski? I can't hear his footsteps."

-

Around 200 ultras staged a protest at the Roma training ground today, demanding the immediate resignation of the directors.

The anger is still in full flow after the Giallorossi lost the Coppa Italia Final to Lazio and failed to qualify for Europe again.

This morning 200 fans stood outside the Trigoria training ground despite heavy rain, waving flags and banners while hurling abuse at the club.

Among the chants were ‘We want a Romanista’ and ‘Get the Laziali out of Roma,’ as they demanded the resignation of directors Franco Baldini, Walter Sabatini and Mauro Baldissoni.

‘For two years you’ve taken us for a ride with disappointment and incompetent directors. Now resignations!’ read a banner, while another stated: ‘Give us back our Roma.’

A banner referring to the Coppa Italia defeat read: ‘26-05-13: 86 years of history defaced.’

There were also insulting chants aimed at players Pablo Daniel Osvaldo and Daniele De Rossi.

LOOOOOOOOL

FootballFan

Ronnie had the best seat in the stadium there

*In awe of what he is witnessing* : "Daaymm son what a finish"

He wanted to tackle Messi, but he just couldn't. His legs wouldn't work. Messi's aura shut his body down when he got within 2 metres of him.

Salazar

It's over, the Tanc has spoken.

If only we were as freewheeling in our muppetry as the RAWKers

Is Xherdan Shaqiri a regular at Bayern Munich? If he became available I'd love to see try and bring him in, he's been very impressive whenever I've seen him play.

And also I want to bring the attention back to Luiz Gustavo. Can't possibly see him getting adequate game time with the options Bayern have in his positions. He's entering his prime and has won everything there is to win with Bayern. Could be looking for a change of scenery. Lucas - Gustavo double pivot looks too beautiful. Could rotate Stevie and the two Brazillians for the two spots and keep them all fresh over the course of 38 games.

Maybe now it is the right time to make a bid for Gerard Deulofeu. He has been really impressive on Barca's B-team in the Segunda Division this season, and he has certainly deserved a proper chance in the first team next season. However, with the arrival of Neymar, and with the presence of Messi, Pedro and Sanchez on their team, it is highly unlikely that he will get the chance.

Came across Gerard Deulofeu looking for a vid of Stevie, and have followed him since, worth as much as paid for Coutinho at least imo...is there any solid links?

Hitch; why is it we get paid on random dates throughout the months, when everyone else gets paid on the last Friday?

lol, just struck me as weird.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB pondering full back conundrum after insisting Assou-Ekotto will stay.

Tottenham full back Benoit Assou-Ekotto will not be leaving White Hart Lane because he is ‘extremely important’ to the team, according to head coach Andre Villas-Boas.

That's no conundrum. Naughton out, Rose in. Conundrum over.

fuenf

Without Tymo we still have need for him, don't we? He seems to have a decent shot at a nomination already, leaving would probably only hurt his chances at this point.

We certainly wouldnt want to sell, but I could see him wanting to leave if a top team offers him a secure starting spot. But you are right, we don't know what Pep is planning, I could see him using Gustavo as a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom