• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

"How would you like to have your picture taken with real Hollywood movieland characters?"

"Are you the smurfs?"
"No, no they're the ambiguously gay duo."

"Oh no no, I assure you there's nothing ambiguous about me. I'm Johnny Storm: the human flamer."

Oh god... I'm in tears. I love Arrested Development.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rafael Benitez is already a Neapolitan pizza.

BLmSDUWCUAA1Asi.jpg:large

LTWheels

"How would you like to have your picture taken with real Hollywood movieland characters?"

"Are you the smurfs?"

"Oh no no, I assure you there's nothing ambiguous about me. I'm Johnny Storm: the human flamer."

Does the new series get any good? I've watched the first 3 episodes and I thought they were very meh.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

"Are you the smurfs?"

Wait until you get to the Buster episode.

That hand...

Does the new series get any good? I've watched the first 3 episodes and I thought they were very meh.

It gets much better. It's a very different format and a few episodes only become truly funny the second time around, but it's well worth watching.

GorillaJu

It would appear so. I thought the same way, and it seems weird that what is all written and probably filmed at the same time gets better, but it's been getting pretty good as it goes along.

Dark Rider

it would be interesting to see who will survive today in La Liga
all 3 clubs can survive or bite the dust

good luck to bayern winning the cup today

Wes

venison crêpe
Finally found somewhere to watch QPRs the Four Year Plan online. Didn't realise when they sacked Dowie he had the best win percentage of any manager they've ever had.

Really good doc so far.

Tc91

Finally found somewhere to watch QPRs the Four Year Plan online. Didn't realise when they sacked Dowie he had the best win percentage of any manager they've ever had.

Really good doc so far.

It's brilliant :lol Flavio Briatore is an absolute nutter the way he talks about players/managers behind their backs.

That wouldn't be the only reason we'd miss out, being completely honest.

I guess RM appear more prestigious than us (to a Spaniard at least)? That and he may prefer to stay in Spain, which may be a large part of it.

I guess a player might be more interested in working with Ancelotti than Moyes :lol

GorillaJu

I would say they have approximately twice the transfer budget maybe just under twice the wage budget we have.

Be that as it may, we would both be offering the 18 million Euros, but they can be more unrestricted with his wages.

I would say that Manchester United is willing to pay about half of what Real Madrid would be willing to pay - and it's not because you are unable to compete with them financially, it's that your board actually knows how to run a club and understands that no player is worth the kind of silly money Real throws at players sometimes.

I guess RM appear more prestigious than us? That and he may prefer to stay in Spain, which may be a large part of it.

Aside from staying in Spain, the whole set-up at Real is in Spanish. He's also a bit slight, don't you think? He may not fancy the idea of adapting to the physicality of the Premier League.

I guess RM appear more prestigious than us (to a Spaniard at least)? That and he may prefer to stay in Spain, which may be a large part of it.
Definitely more prestigious, Real Madrid is the "biggest" club in the world, there's no doubt about it.

But yes, certainly the fact that it's Spain and everything else that comes with that.

GorillaJu

Definitely more prestigious, Real Madrid is the "biggest" club in the world, there's no doubt about it.

But yes, certainly the fact that it's Spain and everything else that comes with that.

Eh if you account for Asian countries, United could definitely be seen as "bigger" or "more prestigious" than Real. The amount of Man United fans in China, India, Malaysia, Korea, etc. is absolutely staggering.

Eh if you account for Asian countries, United could definitely be seen as "bigger" or "more prestigious" than Real. The amount of Man United fans in China, India, Malaysia, Korea, etc. is absolutely staggering.
For fans maybe but I think for players Real Madrid is still the pinnacle.

So many players are desperate to play there even when it's obvious there are better alternatives for their careers - they want to go to RM and see if they can make it there.

There are obv other factors too, lifestyle and money the main ones.

For fans maybe but I think for players Real Madrid is still the pinnacle.

So many players are desperate to play there even when it's obvious there are better alternatives for their careers - they want to go to RM and see if they can make it there.

There are obv other factors too, lifestyle and money the main ones.

Spain is in a really shitty situation now

Clegg

Lions match over. Won 59-8.

Mike Phillips MoTM.

Owen Farrell had a proper shocker. Was poor in the first half and even worse in the second.

K1LLER7

He'll get a lot of hate from Barca fans if he does move to Madrid. Either way, United need to find 2 quality midfielders this summer. Moysey step it up!!

Suen

Jesus fuck Wernbloom! Suen, get your man in line.
I missed it, was sleeping :(

CSKA won thanks to Wernbloom's red card. His northern viking aura lifted the team to victory and with one man less they realized they had to give it everything to win. Him off the pitch gave them that extra boost, Wernbloom was the reason for all the success <3

He isn't/won't. And if he does, he will be shit, they will expect him to replace Khedira or something lol.
Not like it's particularly hard to replace Khedira anyway.

Years long lurker first time poster, my first post on gaf is in football gaf thread ;)

nice to be able to talk to you all instead of just reading :)
Welcome! Nice to have more people in Madrid-GAF here! Don't get yourself banned like the other Madrid-junior few months ago!

I love Mou. His last game, doesn't even bring Casillas on first team with Lopez injured. Adan is playing hahahaa
Masterful trolling by him. So he set up a B-team for our last game :lol. I hope we lose so we finish the season with the ultimate meltdown. Funny thing, most of the prima donnas are gone from this XI :looool

Dark Rider

Welcome! Nice to have more people in Madrid-GAF here! Don't get yourself banned like the other Madrid-junior few months ago!

Masterful trolling by him. So he set up a B-team for our last game :lol. I hope we lose so we finish the season with the ultimate meltdown. Funny thing, most of the prima donnas are gone from this XI :looool

Thank you and it's scary out here

I don't want to lose the final match because I don't want barca to get 18 points ahead like we did to them few seasons back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom