• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Kolo had a pretty nice season. There were some WTF moments to be sure but on the whole, I was fairly happy with his performances. As a deputy, you couldn't ask for much more. I think he'll fill the Carragher role quite well.

I'm curious about his wages though. He turned down multiple deals to Turkey over the past year (both Gala and Fener wanted him) despite the fact they would have continued to pay him the same wages.

As long as he's not a first team regular, but with a wage of 70K... He's a starter.

I think he was great at Arsenal and very good at City the first seasons. He did okay this season but he's been involved in some scary situations in the defence. I'm just not sure we should go for a 32 year old who's carrer is on a decline. Hope he proves me wrong.

Meier

You should try Lamela if you haven't he is amazing. He is good as RM/RW but if you use him as CF he is Godlike.

I pretty much always am on Balanced or Ultra Defensive.. I like Maggio since he is great defensively. I find that El Shaa works better for me when I use him as a ST than when I have him as an LM. From my experience, in 4-4-2 and using my tactics, both RMs and LMs are almost useless in terms of attacking so I'm not sure how well Lamela would work for me. Palacio's defense seems to make him a bit of a liability for me as is and I got him for pretty cheap relatively speaking.

I'm going to try and make a 4-3-3 squad (I also have 4-1-2-1-2 squad for the Bundesliga) next. Might try and use La Liga next..

KzvZJk0.gif

It won't happen though unfortunately.

Suen

Dear god.

Hulk
James
Falcao
Moutinho
Carvalholol
Didn't really expect Robololev to invest this much in players, the man is crazy. But then it's in Monaco and just that part must be quite tempting for players. Imagine the shitstorm that would be caused if they aren't allowed in Ligue 1. Carvalho and Hulk aren't amazing players imo but I guess for a new project they can fill the role temporarily.

pulga

Banned
Heartbroken, crying in the shower.

He's going through a shitty time, let's give him some much needed break and hope he gets back here (with new gifs).

What happened?

Are you joining the bandwagon?

You guys don't know this, but I've been on the bandwagon ever since our very own Georgie Welcome joined

1375803_full-lnd.jpg

Yeaaaaaahh boiiiii

Welcome_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

From Welcome to Falcao? Total downgrade, bitches.

Tc91

Prepare for the shit talking from Jason Cundy about Martinez on talksport.

25% win percentage and he's going to Everton. He's not the right choice atall for them, I seriously don't get the hype about Martinez.

Left Midfielder or Left Attacking Midfielder. They do the order weird in some Euro countries.

Oh. I'd have just said good left winger, but I'm old fashioned like that :p

In that case, I'll just say this. Ashley Young and Stewart Downing are the best English left wingers. Let that sink in.

Suen

Let's get real guys, Zenit won't sell Hulk after just the one season unless Monaco somehow offer us more than we spent on the cunt.
If Rybolovlev has the right connections with based gazprom.....

Seriously I can't see them paying you the same or more for Hulk....not after how shit he was in comparison to his fee. Someone had to be sacrificed and Zenit became that sacrifice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I use a 4-4-2

Cavani (Miccoli) / Balotelli (Jovetic)
El Shaa (Giovinco) / De Rossi (Vidal/Nocerino) / Sneijder (Marchisio) / Maggio (Palacio/Candreva)
Criscito (Pereira) / Chiellini (Ogbonna) / Barzagli (Mexes) / Lichtsteiner (Abate)
Marchetti (Handanovic)

Also have Thiago Motta, Silvestre (CB), Balzaretti, Isla and Cassani in my Club.

Never used Nocerino as yet.

I also use

El Shaarawy
Robinho
Pirlo
Boateng
Maggio
Lammela
Pogba
De rossi
Vidal
Herananes
Who are you guys using? You drained our team. :(

Koko

Banned
I pretty much always am on Balanced or Ultra Defensive.. I like Maggio since he is great defensively. I find that El Shaa works better for me when I use him as a ST than when I have him as an LM. From my experience, in 4-4-2 and using my tactics, both RMs and LMs are almost useless in terms of attacking so I'm not sure how well Lamela would work for me. Palacio's defense seems to make him a bit of a liability for me as is and I got him for pretty cheap relatively speaking.

I'm going to try and make a 4-3-3 squad (I also have 4-1-2-1-2 squad for the Bundesliga) next. Might try and use La Liga next..

Yeah in that case Maggio is the best option. I play with a 4-4-1-1 but change it to a 4-2-3-1 during the game that's when I change El Shaa to CAM and Lamela to CF they complete change the way I attack.

Who are you guys using? You drained our team. :(

Ultimate Team Mode not a career.

If Rybolovlev has the right connections with based gazprom.....

Seriously I can't see them paying you the same or more for Hulk....not after how shit he was in comparison to his fee. Someone had to be sacrificed and Zenit became that sacrifice.

He hasn't been that bad to be honest, definitely better after the winter break than before. 7 goals, 4 assists in 18 league games isn't terrible. He just needs to learn how to stop Neymaring (dribbling into 5 defenders.) This isn't Portugal anymore bro, defending exists here!

Meier

Yeah in that case Maggio is the best option. I play with a 4-4-1-1 but change it to a 4-2-3-1 during the game that's when I change El Shaa to CAM and Lamela to CF they complete change the way I attack.

I always find it difficult to make major formation changes within the pause time limits. :mad: I should try this in the future though. I once tried to go to 5 at the back since I had a large lead and it was just a total clusterfuck to change to. :lol

Tc91

Jason Cundy thinks next season with 4 games to go Everton mathematically could still go down. Now I don't know if it will be quite that bad but a man with 25% win rate in the PL is not the man for Everton. His Wigan team leaked goals for fun last year.

If they end up losing Jagielka/Fellaini/Baines I think they are in deep shit.

Mac_Lane

I ain't no supporter of Monaco but their 2003/2004 Champions League campaign was awesome to watch. I remember the second leg against Madrid in the quarter finals, one of the most epic games I ever witnessed.

And that 8-3 against Deportivo was brilliant too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Ultimate Team Mode not a career.
Oh! Now it all makes sense. :lol

L1NETT

Jason Cundy thinks next season with 4 games to go Everton mathematically could still go down. Now I don't know if it will be quite that bad but a man with 25% win rate in the PL is not the man for Everton. His Wigan team leaked goals for fun last year.

I don't they are in deep shit at all. Martinez is a very good manager, he just didn't have much resources to do anything at Wigan. They are a tiny club, to even be where they are is a fantastic achievement.

So is Jagielka/Fellani/Baines all go? Then what, they have like £50m in the bank?

Maybe Martinez brings Mccarthy with him to Everton and they have £40m to invest. They still have a good squad, they will be fine.

rodvik

I can see Everton doing a Villa and plummeting down the table. It seems unbelievable until it happens to you.

No matter how sht things become, we'll always have Istanbul

#livinginthepast

And we will always have Rotterdam

#REALLYlivinginthepast

Meier

The fuck is happening to our world?

Haha, I kinda like the 2nd ones -- the colors are pretty slick. Reminds me a bit of some ridiculous shoes Joleon wore while in NYC. Sort of a pearlescent purple.. totally garish. The top pair reminds me of the phone case Jess from New Girl uses with the bunny ears. Girls will do anything to be girlier.

I can't even begin to understand what's going on with the third pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom