• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Southampton FC Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 6m

We've made our first signing of the summer! Come back shortly to find out who… #saintsfc

Will be some Kit Maker/Sponser/Corporate bollocks.

Don't troll me bros.

as a bayern fan i can tell u: dont get too hyped. i remember when we did that bad pr stunt where they announced the signing of a big player and in the end it turned out to be a facebook marketing gag.

K1LLER7

Southampton FC Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 6m

We've made our first signing of the summer! Come back shortly to find out who… #saintsfc

Will be some Kit Maker/Sponser/Corporate bollocks.

Don't troll me bros.
Enjoy Anderson.

Throw him a few burgers per game.

Nyx

Belgian club AA Gent want Nana Asare.

Nana+Asare+NEC+Nijmegen+v+FC+Utrecht+Eredivisie+-Ah4lpRcPALl.jpg

Such a shame he isn't a fullblown Ghanian international, he could easily be a topleague player.

Blablurn

I hope I didnt end up on to many ignore lists in the last days. I'm sorry if i was a lil excessive but I only got u, GAF. Most of my friends don't care that much about football. Plus the CL was pretty crazy after what happened last year. So yeah. I'm trying to calm down a lil in the future :) (of course there will always be moments where this might not work :p )

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
as a bayern fan i can tell u: dont get too hyped. i remember when we did that bad pr stunt where they announced the signing of a big player and in the end it turned out to be a facebook marketing gag.

"Our signing is U <3 <3 "

*Nerlinger fired*

Please tell me the Spearing stuff is a joke. £12 million? You could buy 12 French players for that, and they wouldn't look like EDL supporters.

pappe

United fans are delusional if they think they have even a slight chance to sign Cesc.

Come on.

Just like how we were delusional to think RVP would sign for us?

Why do you wanna fall for that heart break again? Footballing world is full of surprises and shocks and anything can happen. Who would have guessed Moutinho,Falcao and Rodriguez would have signed for Monaco 3 months back. Anything can happen.

By anything i mean, Ronaldo could sign for City, Cesc for United and Rooney for Arsenal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
United fans are delusional if they think they have even a slight chance to sign Cesc.

Come on.

Why? Fabregas is a fringe player wasting his best years on the Barcelona bench or as a bizarre false 9.

United are a team that win silverware, have a gaping hole in their midfield and can afford him. I don't see it happening because Barcelona -> United just feels odd but why wouldn't they have a chance of getting him? He's wasting his time at Barca.

There are rumors that Dortmund wants either Mandzukic for Lewandowski or Shaqiri as a replacement for Götze.

Where did you read that? Sounds very unlikely to me, especially Mandzukic. And with de Bruyne, Eriksen, Bernard and Deulofeu, there are enough rumors for a Götze replacement.

Blablurn

logo_ima_100513.jpg

According to the British Brand Finance Institute Bayern München is the biggest football brand on this planet. Its $860m worth. Second place is Man U with $837m. Madrid comes third with $621m and Barca is fourth with a total value of $572m. While Man U lost 20m of value Bayern gained around 50m.

1a4e00.jpg

Bayern sold 600.00 shirts in 2012. They predict 1m for 2013.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/42818.php#xtor=es-1-[kw21]--[Markenwert]--20122906

Where did you read that? Sounds very unlikely to me, especially Mandzukic. And with de Bruyne, Eriksen, Bernard and Deulofeu, there are enough rumors for a Götze replacement.

yeah, sportbild and spox

logo_ima_100513.jpg

According to the British Brand Finance Institute Bayern München is the biggest football brand on this planet. Its $860m worth. Second place is Man U with $837m. Madrid comes third with $621m and Barca is fourth with a total value of $572m. While Man U lost 20m of value Bayern gained around 50m.

1a4e00.jpg

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/42818.php#xtor=es-1-[kw21]--[Markenwert]--20122906

yeah, sportbild and spox

That makes no sense. First of all, United have more fans. Second, United have the most sponsors. Third, United now have the new PL tv shit pumping in money.

logo_ima_100513.jpg

1a4e00.jpg

yeah, sportbild and spox
This is about the valuation of the brand name of the club, right? Not actual worth of the club itself

confuziz

Banned
So a manager who is rumoured to go to Chelsea is now rumoured about that he might want Jovetic and the rumours are that Chelsea is willing to pay up to 29 million.

I love transfer muppetry.

Well it isn't much of a rumour anymore. Everyone knows it is going to happen.

Kassu

Banned
Apparently Arsenal and City are going to play a friendly match here in Finland in August. Me and my friends are trying to get to watch it, hopefully we're lucky enough to get tickets.

K1LLER7

Guillem Balague
about an hour ago
Thiago and Manchester United

Thiago is considering his future. The fact that he has not played 60 per cent of games this season (30 minutes of a match is, in his contract, considered a game, but he has only got to 47% of games played this season) means that his buy out clause will be 18 million euros… till the 1st of August. So the Barcelona midfielder would like his future sorted soon one way or another.

There is more than one club interested in him. United (and others) are definitely thinking of activating that clause but they have to be convinced the player will accept leaving Barcelona. And that is easier than they probably think.

Thiago is a very ambitious young man, who has already declared in the past that it will be no problem leaving Barcelona and continuing his career somewhere else. His dad and agent, the former Brazilian international Mazinho, has put in his head that sometimes it is better to be the leader in a smaller club or to go abroad to reach your targets (be a regular with the national side, for instance). Mazinho, who used to play for Celta when he became a regular with Brazil, would not mind Thiago going abroad at a top club to be able to play in the 2014 Brazil world cup (even though Thiago would play with Spain) and also to play regularly, something he is not getting at Barcelona. He is seen in the Catalan club as a replacement for Xavi but his preferred position is closer to goal, more like an Iniesta then.

So the club that decides to activate the clause has a very good chance of convincing the player too. Barcelona will try to keep him of course, but with such a cheap buy out clause, it is all down to the footballer who will have to be convinced he will be a more important part of the Barcelona team next season to stay at the Camp Nou.

Notice, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS GOING TO UNITED, but that there are clubs willing to pay his buy out clause and the player considering his options. That is the stage we are in at the moment

Stealing another player from Arsenal, Mata style, would be amazing lol

We didn't steal Mata? Wenger refused to pay the price with a lower release clause, he signed a new deal, we swooped for £6m more.

I highly doubt Wenger would be prepared that sort of money on him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom