• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

United bros who are our real targets? I don't think we'll sign Thiago and Cesc is a long shot.

Fellaini and ? I actually think we're on the lookout for quality players this time around. But Thiago and Cesc seem out of our reach.

Thiago, Felliani and another striker if Rooney leaves.

Blablurn

Figo visited Real Madrid City today.
5671_10150415932579953_1013104909_n.jpg

Not under Tito they won't.

Iker: Do you know the last time you played?

Figo: No

Iker: Me neither

D_prOdigy

I keep being told by everyone on all the television channels that Ashley Cole is shrouded in controversy on and off the pitch, but I have never felt that he was a particularly controversial character.

Clegg

I think they are both within reach.

Whether we get them or not remains to be seen but Thiago esp is comfortable available for a good price.

Obv you have to convince the player to leave but neither are 100% happy so there is a decent chance.

I think both can be convinced to stay with Barca. Cesc made such a song and dance about rejoining the Catalans that I can't see him leaving after just two seasons.

Thiago is different because of the low buyout clause. But Barca still have a lot of pull. If they promise him more games next season then he'll stay imo.

I'd love it if we signed either of them.

I wish itv didn't get to cover any sports at all, fuck off Chiles you boring bastard

I keep being told by everyone on all the television channels that Ashley Cole is shrouded in controversy on and off the pitch, but I have never felt that he was a particularly controversial character.

He's only controversial if you really care about his personal life with Cheryl Cole, which the media wants us to do.

I think both can be convinced to stay with Barca. Cesc made such a song and dance about rejoining the Catalans that I can't see him leaving after just two seasons.

Thiago is different because of the low buyout clause. But Barca still have a lot of pull. If they promise him more games next season then he'll stay imo.

I'd love it if we signed either of them.
Cesc I agree with, I doubt he is going to throw in the towel so easily.

Thiago - not so sure. If it's true his release clause has dropped to €18m it says alot about how much importance they have given him.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 35s
Luis Suarez on Uruguayan radio (via @MartinCharquero): I have a contract with Liverpool. It would be hard to say no to Real Madrid.

Hahaha.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 35s
Luis Suarez on Uruguayan radio (via @MartinCharquero): I have a contract with Liverpool. It would be hard to say no to Real Madrid.

Hahaha.

They already signed his replacement as well. Cheers Luis, now they will leave Spurs alone.

pulsemyne

So Laudrup has been saying that Swansea would need to spend 200 million to get higher in the league. That's just not going to happen. Swansea is a profit run club. That's the point of it's structure.

Clegg

Cesc I agree with, I doubt he is going to throw in the towel so easily.

Thiago - not so sure. If it's true his release clause has dropped to €18m it says alot about how much importance they have given him.

I suppose it comes down to convincing Thiago to join.

United are definitely a club which appeals to most players.

Arsenal are mulling over a £15milion move for Manchester United winger Luis Nani, according to reports.

The Daily Star claims Gunners chief Arsene Wenger is an admirer of the Portuguese international, and is ready to swoop for the unsettled 26-year-old following Sir Alex Ferguson’s departure.

Silly season has started.

Clegg

I reckon the biggest issue getting Thiago would be the other clubs who would come in for him.

I think we can compete with most clubs when it comes to wages. And we can definitely offer him a lot of game time as we're weaker in the central area of the pitch.

We joke about City but their former Barca exec's could be appealing to Thiago and his agent.

Linius

I'm making a video for philosophy with a group. It's a group with five chicks and some how we decided to eplain realism by using some football footage. Now I've seen the first draft and it contains a press conference from Conte :p

K1LLER7

I was wrong.

It's more fun this way.
Can't wait for that #AdnanThiagoPowellFuture.

I think we'll have a very good chance of signing Thiago. United have been following him for a couple of seasons and have even tried to sign him before. His dad seems to think that he'd have a better chance of getting into the World Cup team if he moves from Barca.

United compared to other teams, have a weak midfield which means he would probably start most games. He has less high quality midfielders to compete with.

Also De Gea is always in his ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom