• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can compete with most clubs when it comes to wages. And we can definitely offer him a lot of game time as we're weaker in the central area of the pitch.

We joke about City but their former Barca exec's could be appealing to Thiago and his agent.
Probably not though, not for Thiago.

We won't pay him £200k a week. There are quite a few clubs who would.

Anyways, I reckon it's one of those that will run for a long long time.

Kenka

Kruse is interesting. If he stays in the German squad and is given a chance to evolve regularly, he can become the next star on the attacking front.

On picture

iCfqYpHc4z3ev.gif

Ramires, me, reaching out for transfer muppetry.

RVP, Clegg, destroying my hopes and dreams.

Suen

Some quick points:

Fuck Higuain. Madridista blood, sure, whatever, but this isn't a charity nor should we be blinded by sentiments. He's just not good enough for Real Madrid. I hate to sound uppity, but this is the biggest club in the world, and we haven't won jackshit in Europe in over ten years! We need the best of the best, not some inconsistent, serial-bottler on our side. And how dare you brush off his dismal CL record? Ffs.

Isco is an indulgence I dont think anyone on this forum would mind having. Again, Ancelotti shouldnt be blinded by sentimentalism for Kaka. Kaka isn't good enough, hasnt been since he arrived. He needs to be shipped off, it's a crime he makes the same amount of dough as Cristiano. Bringo Isco in. Ozil could use some REAL competition.

Bale >>> Di Maria >>>>>>>>>>>> Callejon, not even worth getting into. We also need the big marquee signing to counter the Neymar-effect. Bale is as good as it gets.

Left back. Coentrao just isnt close to Marcelo at his best last season, nor even as good as himself when he's with the national team. Don't think we need to buy here.

Right back problem should be properly solved by Carvajal. Arbeloa can play Copa del Rey.

Khedira. God. He's just so limited. Sure, he runs and marks a fuckload. But that's it. He's got no passing game, no shot, no vision, no nothing. We'd be better served forgoing Isco and looking into a Gundogan/Vidal type, shit, even De Rossi.

As for striker, I think we have a good chance at Suarez. No CL is a huge blow and he must want to make the leap to a title contender team someday. Why not now? Cavani is more than welcome, as well.

With all this said, let some formation muppetry begin:

--------------Lopez/Casillas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo/Coentrao
-------------Modric - Gundogan
------------Bale - Ozil - Ronaldo
------------------Suarez

Que se venga la decima :3
Isco would never accept staying on the bench and he's said as much. If we buy Isco with the intention of using him in Özil's place then Özil will have to stay on the bench and I'm pretty sure he won't be fine with that either. I'd love to have both in the team but it doesn't seem like a feasible option. Who knows, Madrid may pay a huge price and the temptation of staying in Spain and being a part of one of the biggest clubs might be enough to convince him.

Marcelo was amazing last season, shame he had to get injured this season. Coentrao has not been up to par to Marcelo's quality and while I wasn't expecting that I was expecting more. This is why I think we should look for a left back but again not a top priority and we could do with Marcelo/Coentrao for another season.

Callejon is worthless, even worse than Khedira, send him out on a loan or sell him. You're spot on about Bale though, a counter to Barca Neymar signing and an excellent player who will fill the role of a strong winger.

I like your formation but don't think we would get Gundogan...we do need someone like him though. Would add Di Maria and Pepe as reserves if we could keep them in that case. Cavani or Suarez could fill out the role as a striker. Not sure about Isco. Would Madrid prefer Isco or Özil? Özil has games where he does nothing and he needs to improve on his stamina and endurance....does Isco suffer from these problems?

K1LLER7

According to Balague, it has to be completed before August 1st. Otherwise his buyout close increases again.

Clegg

£200k a week for Thiago? He's not done anything to warrant that kind of money.

If he asks for that much then we'd be right in not signing him.

But I think we can compete with other clubs so long as his wage demands are reasonable.

Suarez: I am happy at Liverpool. I love Liverpool but this year was very hard for me, my wife and my daughter.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHA

He's a victim! Look at what you've done to him you awful people!

Kenka

Germany youngsters are performing calmly and with much focus. They are the perfect embodiement of Germany's youth development philosophy. You could send this team to the WC and it would still be able to achieve something. It is remarkable how cool, synchronous and accurate they stay.

Some quick points:

Fuck Higuain. Madridista blood, sure, whatever, but this isn't a charity nor should we be blinded by sentiments. He's just not good enough for Real Madrid. I hate to sound uppity, but this is the biggest club in the world, and we haven't won jackshit in Europe in over ten years! We need the best of the best, not some inconsistent, serial-bottler on our side. And how dare you brush off his dismal CL record? Ffs.

Isco is an indulgence I dont think anyone on this forum would mind having. Again, Ancelotti shouldnt be blinded by sentimentalism for Kaka. Kaka isn't good enough, hasnt been since he arrived. He needs to be shipped off, it's a crime he makes the same amount of dough as Cristiano. Bringo Isco in. Ozil could use some REAL competition.

Bale >>> Di Maria >>>>>>>>>>>> Callejon, not even worth getting into. We also need the big marquee signing to counter the Neymar-effect. Bale is as good as it gets.

Left back. Coentrao just isnt close to Marcelo at his best last season, nor even as good as himself when he's with the national team. Don't think we need to buy here.

Right back problem should be properly solved by Carvajal. Arbeloa can play Copa del Rey.

Khedira. God. He's just so limited. Sure, he runs and marks a fuckload. But that's it. He's got no passing game, no shot, no vision, no nothing. We'd be better served forgoing Isco and looking into a Gundogan/Vidal type, shit, even De Rossi.

As for striker, I think we have a good chance at Suarez. No CL is a huge blow and he must want to make the leap to a title contender team someday. Why not now? Cavani is more than welcome, as well.

With all this said, let some formation muppetry begin:

--------------Lopez/Casillas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo/Coentrao
-------------Modric - Gundogan
------------Bale - Ozil - Ronaldo
------------------Suarez

Que se venga la decima :3

Pulga went full muppet mode.

You actually think you'll get Gundogan, Bale, and Suarez? Hahahahahahaha.

kharma45

£200k a week for Thiago? He's not done anything to warrant that kind of money.

If he asks for that much then we'd be right in not signing him.

But I think we can compete with other clubs so long as his wage demands are reasonable.

He'll be on around half that I would imagine, he has no reason bar greed to ask for £200k.

Meier

Was looking for a corny joke and found this. It's actually pretty good.

What do you call a Polish urine test? a Piszcek

Linius

Looool, some guy at another forum said Benz and Higuain are better than Suarez, he got no business at Madrid.

On a side note, I hope Suarez doesn't go there.

Kenka

These friendlies are far more fun with the back up players playing.
I insist on that. It is a delight to see how these guys play accordingly to the others, how they fast they get acquinted with the strengths and weaknesses of each. And in that regard, this display today is simply out of this world.

Suen

Totti: I’d have two Ballons d’Or if I had joined Real Madrid

Roma captain Francesco Totti believes he would have won the Ballon d’Or twice if he had joined Real Madrid back in 2004.

The Italian was close to a move to the Liga giants but opted to stay with boyhood club Roma instead, and the 36-year-old feels that his trophy haul would have been significantly larger had he moved to Santiago Bernabeu.

“I was close to joining Real, I wanted to sign for a big club so I could win things,” Totti told France Football.

“Had I joined Real Madrid I’d have won three Champions League, two Ballons d'Or and many other titles. I’d have loved that chance, absolutely.

“But I’m glad I did make the decision I made, although I just wish I'd have won two or three more Scudetti.”

fuenf

I insist on that. It is a delight to see how these guys play accordingly to the others, how they fast they get acquinted with the strengths and weaknesses of each. And in that regard, this display today is simply out of this world.

Is Kruse always this good? It'll be interesting too see how he will perform at Gladbach.

Kenka

Is Kruse always this good? It'll be interesting too see how he will perform at Gladbach.
It's way too early to speak about his level of performance but I could see him make a interesting offensive pair with Hrgota next season. If Xhaka starts playing at his usual level and if de Jong gets used to his role in the Gladbach sqaud, Gladbach would be in position to look upwards in the table again.

Súarez also said he’s “not ready to continue putting up with English journalists” via Uruguayan Radio.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOL

Someone make it stop. My heart's actually bleeding.

Súarez also said he’s “not ready to continue putting up with English journalists” via Uruguayan Radio.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOL

Someone make it stop. My heart's actually bleeding.

Congratulations English Gentlemen and Gentlewomen. You bullied the best forward of the league out, because he had a different culture.

D_prOdigy

Lol. It's fucking embarrassing how they can never fill the massive VIP bit at Wembley. Especially for the 'sold out' matches.

And it's right in the center of the camera shot, so it's all you're ever looking at.

EDIT: what a header

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom