• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Oh come on. I dare you to list 20 teams better than England and try to a make a decent argument for them.

OK. Slight exaggeration. Slight.

These teams are certainly better:

Spain
Germany
Argentina
Croatia
Portugal
Colombia
Italy
Netherlands
France
Brazil

There could be strong arguments made that the following are also better or on a similar level:

Russia
Ecuador
Ivory Coast
Belgium
Mexico
Sweden
Nigeria
Chille
...plenty of others

So realistically I'd say England should be about 15th.

fuenf

Suicidial tendencies.
Permanent anxiety.
Asocial behaviour and no sign of self-indulgence.

Adler has always had success in mind and nothing else. It's just as if there was success and that non-success represented non-existence to him, just like it was the case for Enke.

Well given his injury history I can understand it, but he seemed pretty confident to me in his most recent Kicker interview. I think he's in a good spot now, comfortable at HSV and no real pressure for the #2 spot in the national team.

No no no no no.

RVP-Celebration-v-West-Ham-2-2.gif

Is the best forward in the league.

tc you speak my heart

OK. Slight exaggeration. Slight.

These teams are certainly better:

Spain
Germany
Argentina
Croatia
Portugal
Colombia
Italy
Netherlands
France
Brazil

There could be strong arguments made that the following are also better or on a similar level:

Russia
Ecuador
Ivory Coast
Belgium
Mexico
Sweden
Nigeria
Chille
...plenty of others

So realistically I'd say England should be about 15th.

What exactly have France, Croatia, Columbia and Portugal done to show they're certainly better than England?

rodvik

Fun game, seems to be played and supported in a good spirit which is nice to see.

England fans are the best fans obviously.

Fun game, seems to be played and supported in a good spirit which is nice to see.

England fans are the best fans obviously.

Doesn't matter how good the fans are, the stupid band that provide all the atmosphere by playing about 3 songs over and over automatically make them the worst.

Kenka

Well given his injury history I can understand it, but he seemed pretty confident to me in his most recent Kicker interview. I think he's in a good spot now, comfortable at HSV and no real pressure for the #2 spot in the national team.
I hope that too.

I was deeply shocked when Enke committed suicide. For two reasons: one, he was one of the best keepers in the world and was well on his way to become #1 for the World Cup. There was simply some doubts about his capacity to recover to make it in time from an injury he suffered from at the wrong moment. Secondly, Adler got the #1 jersey after Enke's death and didn't resist the mental pressure of both being forced to deliver and from the fact that his soul twin actually did commit suicide, and his body crumbled. The result was that Neuer stepped in and became the famous keeper he is known for now.

Slightly disturbing that the stellar performances of these two guys was fatally hampered by their ill excess of ambition. And that this led to the dawn of Neuer's unstoppable rise to become the best keeper in the world.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Suarez doesn't leave the EPL. One of the best players currently in the league. Stupid English press don't know when to fuck off.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope Suarez doesn't leave the EPL. One of the best players currently in the league. Stupid English press don't know when to fuck off.

If he doesn't want the column inches then he shouldn't bite, kick, dive and racially abuse people.

This Cahill-Jagielka pairing is torture.

99% of the criticism is warranted, but then you get articles going on about how the bite was the most disgraceful thing ever done on an English football pitch, how he should be forced out of the league, and getting the fucking Prime Minister involved, and it makes me think that he would probably be better off somewhere else for reasons other than football.

rodvik

I dont think anyone can blame the English press for him behaving like a cunt.

I mean really, he is a great player BUT the stick he has got for being racist, diving and biting people has been more than warranted.

If he would just focus on what he is good at he would be fine.

99% of the criticism is warranted, but then you get articles going on about how the bite was the most disgraceful thing ever done on an English football pitch, how he should be forced out of the league, and getting the fucking Prime Minister involved, and it makes me think that he would probably be better off somewhere else for reasons other than football.

Thats fair. Cameron should shut the fuck up in particular. he should stick to criticizing Villa like the rest of us :)

Lightning

Banned
If he doesn't want the column inches then he shouldn't bite, kick, dive and racially abuse people.

This Cahill-Jagielka pairing is torture.
Oh please, everything Suarez does is amplified *10 purely because its Suarez. Everyone knows he doesn't do himself any favours but the English media are like pit bulls who make a meal out of everything he does to ensure maximum punishment and publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom