• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

So people seem to be accepting that our away kit next season is going to be yellow. Hate yellow. Royal blue is the best innit.

Turok_TTZ

Poachers taking less shots than general strikers is logical and inevitable.

Is true. Falcao is proof of this and what a bloody monster he is for it:
RVP 177
Lewadowski 162
Cavani 179
Falcao 131
Suarez 213

I've selected a few who have scored at least 30 goals total this season. tarnish not how many shots they got, and how successful they have been in finding the net. Compare to Higuain and Benz. Benz is only 14 goals off falcao (34). thats not a huge gap especially when you consider benz is not in form right now plus intangibles. cavani (38) is nearly 2x as much goals as benz but look at his shots taken. and thats when cavani is focal point for napoli and benzema surrenders his attack to cr7. would cavani have 38 goals and only get 96 shots total by season's end under madrid? I doubt this.

everyone i listed must sacrifice their play and instead support CR7. Its how we run in madrid. no one is an exception. CR7 is the focal point, Falcao and Cavani can't do their runs if CR7 is running into the very space they're running into. attack of would be a bloody mess. Sane reason why Benz and kaka shouldn't play together, one would run into each other's intended space (though benz has drifted to wings when this happens). but now im getting off topic.

higuain's a la liga killer. only one goal from cl contributes to his total goals. Benzema has 5 in cl. Benz is lax when it comes to la liga but yeah higuain beats benz in la liga, no doubt about that. But Benz on form is no choker, which is the main difference between the two.
But anywho Both are rotated to death, neither are trusted with the cf spot, and neither are the focal point (CR7).

To say we need a new striker fully knowing we will not let that said striker play his natural game is downright nonsense. We would limit the falcaos, the cavanis, the lewandowskis, all of them. you want benz and higuain to score more goals? they need to be given the same priority as all the other strikers in the world that are not in madrid or farsa.

Which is why for all the shit both has pulled, i cannot blame them for their not so great output. Higuain and benz are fed scraps and kept out of rthyme/form, what the fuck can they do in their situations? Makes Benzema's 11-12 season look bloody magical. he should not have scored 32 goals that season considering the conditions he plays in. Maybe falcao can but I doubt anyone else can thrive in such conditions. and if bale really comes, its only gonna get worse.

Wes

venison crêpe
USA: Howard; Cameron, González, Goodson, Beasley; Zusi, Jones, Kljestan, Davis; Dempsey, Altidore

Belgium: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Defour, Dembele, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Lukaku

Meanwhile Guzan and Benteke will be practicing penalties round back.

USA: Howard; Cameron, González, Goodson, Beasley; Zusi, Jones, Kljestan, Davis; Dempsey, Altidore

Belgium: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Defour, Dembele, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Lukaku

Is Thorgan Hazard on the bench? Heard so many good things about him. Lukaku said in a interview on Belgian TV that he thinks he can be as good as if not better than Eden in a few years! #HazardHazardFuture

Jose/Chelsea news going to break soon I think

I just finished watching Premier League Years 04/05, COME BACK JOSE! I need this to be announced!

Turok_TTZ

makes me depressed we are going after ancelotti of all folks. he wont change how we play, he is a coward. I'll draw some shit later to place emphasis on what i mean. bbl

pulga

Banned
Is true. Falcao is proof of this and what a bloody monster he is for it:

I've selected a few who have scored at least 30 goals total this season. tarnish not how many shots they got, and how successful they have been in finding the net. Compare to Higuain and Benz. Benz is only 14 goals off falcao (34). thats not a huge gap especially when you consider benz is not in form right now plus intangibles. cavani (38) is nearly 2x as much goals as benz but look at his shots taken. and thats when cavani is focal point for napoli and benzema surrenders his attack to cr7. would cavani have 38 goals and only get 96 shots total by season's end under madrid? I doubt this.

everyone i listed must sacrifice their play and instead support CR7. Its how we run in madrid. no one is an exception. CR7 is the focal point, Falcao and Cavani can't do their runs if CR7 is running into the very space they're running into. attack of would be a bloody mess. Sane reason why Benz and kaka shouldn't play together, one would run into each other's intended space (though benz has drifted to wings when this happens). but now im getting off topic.

higuain's a la liga killer. only one goal from cl contributes to his total goals. Benzema has 5 in cl. Benz is lax when it comes to la liga but yeah higuain beats benz in la liga, no doubt about that. But Benz on form is no choker, which is the main difference between the two.
But anywho Both are rotated to death, neither are trusted with the cf spot, and neither are the focal point (CR7).

To say we need a new striker fully knowing we will not let that said striker play his natural game is downright nonsense. We would limit the falcaos, the cavanis, the lewandowskis, all of them. you want benz and higuain to score more goals? they need to be given the same priority as all the other strikers in the world that are not in madrid or farsa.

Which is why for all the shit both has pulled, i cannot blame them for their not so great output. Higuain and benz are fed scraps and kept out of rthyme/form, what the fuck can they do in their situations? Makes Benzema's 11-12 season look bloody magical. he should not have scored 32 goals that season considering the conditions he plays in. Maybe falcao can but I doubt anyone else can thrive in such conditions. and if bale really comes, its only gonna get worse.

sigh

So youre of the mind that Madrid would be better of jettisoning Ronaldo, and Benzema and Higuain would automatically become good? Benzema would start scoring 40 goals a season?

Not enough lols in the world

rodvik

No Tekkers and Guzan? Excellent. No injuries :)

GorillaJu

crazy news I've just been hearing. Couldn't believe it when i heard it but workin to confirm it now. ur gonna be shocked but i gotta take a dump so ill be back later to tell u all the big news

Ingeniero

crazy news I've just been hearing. Couldn't believe it when i heard it but workin to confirm it now. ur gonna be shocked but i gotta take a dump so ill be back later to tell u all the big news
Oh come on, post from your phone while taking your dump man, dont be like that

PS. Fuck Boca

Gaf agrees that chocolate milk is the best.

tumblr_mnkjvmBTlz1r7jzw9o4_500.gif

no way

Clegg

The Telegraph is now reporting the Cesc to United story.

Also saying City and Arsenal are "lukewarm" to suggestions of Cesc's availability.

Zabojnik

Schweini, what can you tell me about this Doria, Botafogo's young (1994) and apparently very promising CB? We were close to signing him in January, but they wanted too much. We might try again this summer, rumor is Milan are interested too.

rodvik

Imagine if Liverpool sold Suarez while Arnie was banned. That would be ... I don't know, something, I guess.

I am sure we could PM a mod and he would be reinstated immediately. Being here to be taunted would be far worse punishment for his crimes than a mere ban 8)

Pachimari

makes me depressed we are going after ancelotti of all folks. he wont change how we play, he is a coward. I'll draw some shit later to place emphasis on what i mean. bbl
I'm not gonna get into a debate as to how an attacker like Cavani could work in Real Madrid as I have already followed such a discussion at Xtratime but who else would you prefer as coach?

Ancelotti is probably the best option besides Heynckes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom