• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

This guy knows how to score the most beautiful own goals, a fearsome ability.

Gala-own-goal.gif

muslera > valdes

i'm glad GS said no

Pachimari

It's not that Benzema is much more useful than Higuain in recent times - yes he's better at build up play and connecting with our players but we need a goal scorer, someone like Cavani.

Suen you should sign up at Xtratime where we could use more football fans but your left back and Khedira opinion might get shot down quickly. By the way, are you an Arsenal or Real Madrid fan? Honest question.

You'll get a result either way, we're fucking shit.

Where's the confidence, bro? You guys are playing at home, your team is more desperate for a win than my boys. You should have more faith. That's why we need Lambda unbanned, he's not afraid to talk a little shit.

For fun here's my combined Russia-Portugal best 11

----------------Akinfeev----------------
Anyukov-Pepe-Ignashevich-Coentrao
-----------Denisov-Moutinho-----------
Nani----------Dzagoev---------Ronaldo
----------------Kokorin-----------------

FootballFan

Where's the confidence, bro? You guys are playing at home, your team is more desperate for a win than my boys. You should have more faith. That's why we need Lambda unbanned, he's not afraid to talk a little shit.

For fun here's my combined Russia-Portugal best 11

----------------Akinfeev----------------
Anyukov-Pepe-Ignashevich-Coentrao
-----------Denisov-Moutinho-----------
Nani----------Dzagoev---------Ronaldo
----------------Kokorin-----------------

Did Loskov not get called up or something?

GorillaJu

OH SHIT we signed Aspas? Clever signing IMO. Would work well in Rodgers' style. But now we've got two crazies. Big papa gonna make it 3.

Feorax

Suarez and his agent already denying he wants to leave Liverpool. Don't think he can say lost in translation this time though...

LTWheels

----------------Reina----------------
Johnson-Agger-Papadopoulos-Jose Enrique
-----------Lucas-Gerrard (
Henderson
)-----------
Suarez----------Coutinho---------Aspas
----------------Sturridge-----------------

I do hope to see this line up.

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh nice. Some Villa muppetry now with a paper source.

Aston Villa have made a £3.5million bid for Lech Poznan winger Aleksandar Tonev.

Manager Paul Lambert made his move with Celtic and German side Werder Bremen also in negotiations for the Bulgaria international.

Tonev comes highly recommended by Stilian Petrov but is leaning towards a move to the Bundesliga.

Lambert is also stepping up interest in Burnley striker Charlie Austin and is ready to offer £4million for the 23-year-old.

Fine with Austin in as a replacement for outgoing Bent as a backup to Benteke. If Petrov recommends the other Bulgarian chap then I'm all for it, although I had hoped we would be afterthe Bulgarian attackin midfielder Georgi Milanov.

Suen

It's not that Benzema is much more useful than Higuain in recent times - yes he's better at build up play and connecting with our players but we need a goal scorer, someone like Cavani.

Suen you should sign up at Xtratime where we could use more football fans but your left back and Khedira opinion might get shot down quickly. By the way, are you an Arsenal or Real Madrid fan? Honest question.
Fully agree with what you said. I wouldn't mind keeping Benz though if we get someone like Cavani. Our opinion about Khedira is the same lol. I was thinking a bit about left back. It's probably unrealistic of me to expect someone with Marcelo's quality to be a reserve. Players like that want to be in XI, not on the bench so it would be tough to keep someone like that. I'm still not convinced about Coentrao....the guy is like Higu, average at club level, amazing at national. I still believe we sbould try for a better LB but I'm wrong about it's order on the priority list, it's not an extreme emergency.

I'm a fan of both + Parma. But I'm a multi-team heathen according to some from Utd-Gaf. Kids or whichever cunt it was :p

Btw lifelong supporter of Monaco too.

Turok_TTZ

There is no point in getting a goal hunter when his food is nonchalantly taken by cr7 and soon bale if bale comes. hell if di maria stays, di maria will steal food from cavani's plate as well.

Wanna see some funny stats?
higgy 67
benz 95
CR7 357
ozil 46
kaka 34
di maria 96
modric 51
I'll let y'all figure out what the stats are.

Suen

Better than Valdes at least. which is bad. Farsa must continue their policy of having shit gks.

^ But is there a former arsenal player in bayern or dortmund?
No one cares about them or Bundeslol. Arsenal scored three goals in total against Bayern, champions of Europe together with Bayern.

Arse/Bayern >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barca

Fine with Austin in as a replacement for outgoing Bent as a backup to Benteke.

Does it look like Benteke will stay? The stuff I randomly caught sounded like some other PL club would sign him. Or was that just for the case Villa had gotten relegated?

I still have a minimum of hope we could actually sign him :(

This isn't (just) bitterness, but why exactly do players fall over themselves to sign for Real Madrid?

Also, lol at that Hodgson quote.

Suarez has 3 years left. We tell him he can leave next summer if he wants. If he does any shit like biting or racially abusing the opposition, we tell him he can wait another year. Assuming his form doesn;t fall off a cliff, he'll still be worth £20m in 2015

DominoKid

This isn't (just) bitterness, but why exactly do players fall over themselves to sign for Real Madrid?

because it's the tops. like the Lakers or the Yankees.

sn: i had a look at Belgium's roster for the game tonight. we're going to get fucked up the ass, no lube. good lord. what's their first XI usually?

operon

Also, lol at that Hodgson quote.

Suarez has 3 years left. We tell him he can leave next summer if he wants. If he does any shit like biting or racially abusing the opposition, we tell him he can wait another year. Assuming his form doesn;t fall off a cliff, he'll still be worth £20m in 2015
So many cunts in the dressing room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom