• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez is leagues better than Higuain, but if I want Benzema more gone than Higuain.

Gonzalo needs to work the definition and I guess that having a real competition rather than a carbon copy will be good for him.

Gonzalo is not much different than Raúl, I love them but I hate them.

Hope Benzema finds great success at the Spurs.

MPW

Suarez is leagues better than Higuain, but if I want Benzema more gone than Higuain.

Gonzalo needs to work the definition and I guess that having a real competition rather than a carbon copy will be good for him.

Gonzalo is not much different than Raúl, I love them but I hate them.

Hope Benzema finds great success at the Spurs.

benz is more talented, scores more goals in CL

higuain is good but not world class

plus, perez bought benz, bye higuain

Turok_TTZ

He can't answer you because he doesn't watch football.
would explain alot but I will give all the benefit of the doubt.

I feel sorry for Luis Suarez. He done a "come and get me" plea but Real madrid have zero interest in him. if I didn't know any better, he read the tabloids and thought madrid was interested in him. Reminds me of Felipe melo, who thought mou was looking to sign him as corriere sport or w/e that paper is called kept spamming madrid after felipe melo lol. that was one or two seasons ago i think? that was funny.

Timurid

iiIJ7yvfqcG4D.gif

Coeff's goal from Monday's match against the USA.

Timurid

As I said it was an amazing goal. How were today games? I wasn't able to watch any of them.

I only watched the first half of the Belgium vs Brazil game. The first half was fairly entertaining.

Belgium scored the first goal, but Brazil went on to win the match 2-1.

I wasn't able to watch the Mexico vs Nigeria, but I saw they won 2-0. I think Regulus was watching the match.

Two good matches tomorrow, Belgium vs Portugal then Brazil vs Mexico. :D

Koko

Banned
Every player has a price.

Correct, but you are talking about Arsenal.

I only watched the first half of the Belgium vs Brazil game. The first half was fairly entertaining.

Belgium scored the first goal, but Brazil went on to win the match 2-1.

I wasn't able to watch the Mexico vs Nigeria, but I saw they won 2-0. I think Regulus was watching the match.

Two good matches tomorrow, Belgium vs Portugal then Brazil vs Mexico. :D

Probably both games will be fun.

Turok_TTZ

I don't know why Arsenal don't go for Benz.
1. Benzema is a key player for Real madrid.
2. Florentino Perez personally signed him under the recommendation of Zinedine Zidane.
3. Zidane is now the new sporting director and is in charge of who we buy and sell.
4. his release clause is in an area very few clubs can match and he has no interest in leaving currently. plus he earns 13.5m a year. gl matching his wages.
5. We are not looking to sell higuain to begin with. Higuain formally asked a transfer out of Madrid. We actually want to keep him but he wants to leave. We will respect his wishes.

funnily enough I have heard of arsenal interest in higuain but I am not familiar with british papers and their... credibility.

GorillaJu

Suarez leaving I could deal with but only if its done soon enough that we have time to properly replace him, and only for a price befitting of his talent. If the release clause is indeed more than 40m as rumored, then yeah I could deal with it.

Not sure who we'd replace him with. There really isn't another player out there like him except maybe Tevez.

Turok_TTZ

Suarez leaving I could deal with but only if its done soon enough that we have time to properly replace him, and only for a price befitting of his talent. If the release clause is indeed more than 40m as rumored, then yeah I could deal with it.

Not sure who we'd replace him with. There really isn't another player out there like him except maybe Tevez.
Don't fret. Madrid are not interested. if we fail to get bale we would probably go after jesus navas.

Zabojnik

1. Benzema is a key player for Real madrid.
2. Florentino Perez personally signed him under the recommendation of Zinedine Zidane.
3. Zidane is now the new sporting director and is in charge of who we buy and sell.
4. his release clause is in an area very few clubs can match and he has no interest in leaving currently. plus he earns 13.5m a year. gl matching his wages.
5. We are not looking to sell higuain to begin with. Higuain formally asked a transfer out of Madrid. We actually want to keep him but he wants to leave. We will respect his wishes.

funnily enough I have heard of arsenal interest in higuain but I am not familiar with british papers and their... credibility.

You almost make it sound as if Real is the best managed club in the world.

sohois

I'd be very surprised if there was a release clause at all, or if there were it would be stupid to have it as low as £40m.

Replacement is a tricky area as you said due to Suarez's unique playstyle. You couldn't just buy an out and out striker like Benteke or someone to replace them as you already have Sturridge vying for the central striker spot, it would be a waste. And the versatile wide-forward type player, a la Son, is unnecessary with Aspas signed and Borini already there. I suppose the best option would be a top quality wide player and use the rest of the money on other areas.

Zabojnik

I'd be very surprised if there was a release clause at all, or if there were it would be stupid to have it as low as £40m.

Replacement is a tricky area as you said due to Suarez's unique playstyle. You couldn't just buy an out and out striker like Benteke or someone to replace them as you already have Sturridge vying for the central striker spot, it would be a waste. And the versatile wide-forward type player, a la Son, is unnecessary with Aspas signed and Borini already there. I suppose the best option would be a top quality wide player and use the rest of the money on other areas.

Vucinic would make for a great replacement, imo.

Turok_TTZ

Turok you are amazing.
cant tell if sarcasm.
but seriously there is absolutely zero noise coming from real madrid about suarez. zero. no smoke even. just british papers pushing their agenda and from the looks of it, suarez buying into it (his come and get me plea). I know atletico madrid is interested in Suarez, having just lost Falcao. but Real madrid?

Daily star, daily mail, etc pls. spanish press got nothing. nada. zero.

GorillaJu

cant tell if sarcasm.
but seriously there is absolutely zero noise coming from real madrid about suarez. zero. no smoke even. just british papers pushing their agenda and from the looks of it, suarez buying into it (his come and get me plea). I know atletico madrid is interested in Suarez, having just lost Falcao. but Real madrid?

Daily star, daily mail, etc pls. spanish press got nothing. nada. zero.

Well I guess it comes from Marca's claims that terms are already agreed.

Turok_TTZ

You almost make it sound as if Real is the best managed club in the world.
we are not but we are far from being mismanaged.
we are paying back our loans and debts on time, we are turning a profit, we gave jose mourinho 3 seasons when anyone else would have been fired before the first season ends. we are far from being troubled financially and we keep our payroll quite reasonable.

Benzema actually earns around 7-8.5m a year from real madrid, the rest comes from sponsorships, etc to make it 13.5m a year.

Zabojnik

Just do like I do. Live by the day, believe in every rumor. As far as I'm concerned Jovetic is already on his way to London to shake Mou's cock, Suarez is looking for a new home in Madrid and every other quality player in the world is going either to PSG or Monaco. #YOLO

MPW

over 40m pounds for suarez?

oh hell no!

he's a cunt and has a bad image, he won't sell shirts and will do stupid shit and get banned for matches

suarez wants out, 40m euros or keep him

last time i checked he will not be able to play first 6 matches next epl season

Lightning

Banned

oh hell no!

he's a cunt and has a bad image, he won't sell shirts and will do stupid shit and get banned for matches

He probably won't be able to play the first 6 games of the La Liga if the ban transfers which it probably will do.

Turok_TTZ

Well I guess it comes from Marca's claims that terms are already agreed.
marca? Bahhahahahhahahahha! they are as credible as balague, who is as credible as Turok_ITK BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! add marca to yer blacklist if I were ye. I would only trust marca if they had an interview with one of our boys and said interview gets published on real madrid's official site (they interview players every now asnd then). beyond that they are the butt of every joke in spanish football journalism.

seriously though... the same marca who said neymar to madrid a done deal last year ;)? even had agreed terms so says marca.

GorillaJu

oh hell no!

Nobody knows the details so I'm not going to argue about that shit but there aren't many strikers in the world right now that are better than Suarez.

Turok I was responding to you claiming that there was no news coming out of Spain regarding Suarez. Obviously this is patently false.

Zabojnik

Timulove, who's this Abdallah Yaisien (19yo, midfielder) Bologna have signed from PSG? Rumor is Juve is behind the move, with Bologna acting like a stepping stone.

Turok_TTZ

Nobody knows the details so I'm not going to argue about that shit but there aren't many strikers in the world right now that are better than Suarez.

Turok I was responding to you claiming that there was no news coming out of Spain regarding Suarez. Obviously this is patently false.
haven't read marca in awhile due to their nonexistant credibility so forgive my ignorance of their articles. they usually cite the daily mail which doesn't help their attempts to rebuild trust. perhaps I should have clarified a bit so my mistake.

Credible papers in spain got nothing. zero. nada. zero interest from madrid. this is eerily similar to felipe melo to madrid some seasons back.

Timurid

Timulove, who's this Abdallah Yaisien (19yo, midfielder) Bologna have signed from PSG? Rumor is Juve is behind the move, with Bologna acting like a stepping stone.
Attacking midfielder played for our youth team, but he didn't want to sign a new contract. He probably wanted first team action and decided to go to Bologna. I say it's a good move for him, but I wouldn't bet he will be a class player or anything. He seems like a good solid squad player to me.

Turok_TTZ

Just do what everybody here does: follow one league and pretend to know what you're talking about when talking about the other leagues
wtf? I actually try to follow other leagues besides spain. Love the bundesliga, serie a meh, ligue 1 on the rise, not donkey league though. I avoid the epl.

Lightning

Banned
what? well that makes it even worse
He will need to serve his ban. Joey Barton had the same issue when he was banned while playing for QPR but moved to Marseille for a season and still had to serve his ban there, 12 games it was.

I am pretty sure the same thing will happen to Suarez.

GorillaJu

Just do what everybody here does: follow one league and pretend to know what you're talking about when talking about the other leagues

My predictions for the 2013-14 A Lyga (Lithuanian league) top 4

1. FK Banga
2. FK Kruoja
3. FK Taurus
4. VFMD Zalgiris

I feel like FK Banga should have an easy run in to the title this year. They've made some good transfers and brought in players from the lower leagues in Lithuania as well as some foreign players. If Aleksei Alekseyev can have a good season this year and Zutautas keeps them in his favored 4-5-1 formation then it should be smooth sailing.

COME ON U BANGAS

Turok_TTZ

dat girl is so kawaii~...wait... um... oh right.

my wife is the best and absolutely won't bust my balls making this random comment on some cute girl in an animated gif because my wife is the best and a real mature lady :|

pappe

Suarez at Madrid would make the next El Classico amazing. Imagine him biting or kicking at Biscuits and then Biscuits reaction causing the whole bench to run onto the field and Pinto to perform a flying kick on the ref!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom