• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Suarez at Madrid would make the next El Classico amazing. Imagine him biting or kicking at Biscuits and then Biscuits reaction causing the whole bench to run onto the field and Pinto to perform a flying kick on the ref!

And the Internet erupts after Suarez scores a 93rd minute winner after handling the ball with his teeth.

Turok_TTZ

Fund it.

ibu0rvzMFptHCc.gif
wtf is that dude flying there? gliding? dat air time.

FootballFan

over 40m pounds for suarez?

oh hell no!

he's a cunt and has a bad image, he won't sell shirts and will do stupid shit and get banned for matches

suarez wants out, 40m euros or keep him

last time i checked he will not be able to play first 6 matches next epl season

Really??

That is seriously like Barca fans complaining that we shouldn't sign Neymar because he is a diver...

Wow the papers this morning!

Benitez going in for Luiz lol!
United and City fighting over Cesc.
Pretty much all the top clubs going after Bale.
Benteke to Athletico pops up again.

Turok_TTZ

Really??

That is seriously like Barca fans complaining that we shouldn't sign Neymar because he is a diver...
holy shit lolololol.
thing is, real madrid is gonna try to return to being a gentleman club after mou antics.
another reason why suarez is not on our list. he would not help in this regard.

also the main reason we are after carlo. he would restore madrid good image and gentleman stature.

FootballFan

Wow the papers this morning!

Benitez going in for Luiz lol!
United and City fighting over Cesc.
Pretty much all the top clubs going after Bale.
Benteke to Athletico pops up again.

I already confirmed it, why do people not believe me. My mate José walks Falcao's dog and told me like 3 weeks ago.

Salazar

holy shit lolololol.
thing is, real madrid is gonna try to return to being a gentleman club after mou antics.

also the main reason we are after carlo. he would restore madrid good image and gentleman stature.

Gentleman club fucking lol

You pickpocket the league

The whole institution is a fucking disgrace. Mourinho is a prick, but he's a sideshow compared to the ingrained toxicity of how Madrid operates.

And you think having a placid manager makes it ok.

Chipotle

holy shit lolololol.

My friend's dad's window cleaner went to Madrid on holiday once and he reckons you're getting Suarez in and Pulis as new manager. Perez has decided to take Mou's experiment in building a team of villains to the extreme.

MPW

holy shit lolololol.

yep

suarez is a year or two too late

he would be a fit for mourinho's madrid

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
crazy news I've just been hearing. Couldn't believe it when i heard it but workin to confirm it now. ur gonna be shocked but i gotta take a dump so ill be back later to tell u all the big news
I can't be the only who got the Tancredi reference? :lol

My predictions for the 2013-14 A Lyga (Lithuanian league) top 4

1. FK Banga
2. FK Kruoja
3. FK Taurus
4. VFMD Zalgiris

I feel like FK Banga should have an easy run in to the title this year. They've made some good transfers and brought in players from the lower leagues in Lithuania as well as some foreign players. If Aleksei Alekseyev can have a good season this year and Zutautas keeps them in his favored 4-5-1 formation then it should be smooth sailing.

COME ON U BANGAS

Silly Morsel, there's no such thing as the 2013-14 A Lyga since in Lithuania(like it used to be in Russia) the season is played from March to November/December so it's just the 2013 A Lyga :p

Turok_TTZ

Gentleman club fucking lol

You pickpocket the league

The whole institution is a fucking disgrace. Mourinho is a prick, but he's a sideshow compared to the ingrained toxicity of how Madrid operates.

And you think having a placid manager makes it ok.
we have been classy up until mou arrival... but anyways...

correction. madrid and farsa pickpocket the tv rights moneyz. farsa even more guilty of this than we are (they need the money lol). but yeah shitty.situation in la liga. we operate just fine thank you very much.

going to sleep now gn footygaf.

L'Equipe reporting that Saint-Etienne's Kurt Zouma(and massive FM beast) has accepted a 5-year contract with Anzhi. Good to see some young talent coming to Russia. Potential good get for Anzhi.

RM are going to get Bale aren't they?

They're doing the same thing they do with all the players they want.

"Gareth Bale was born to play in Real Madrid," Real President Florentino Perez told Spanish radio station Cadena Cope.

"Bale is one of the best players in the world and at Real Madrid we always have the best," striker Alvaro Morata told Marca

Zinedine Zidane: "Aside from Ronaldo and Messi, who are the top players, I must admit he is the footballer who impressed me most."

I need another shower.

MPW

RM are going to get Bale aren't they?

They're doing the same thing they do with all the players they want.

I need another shower.

still think it will be next summer

just like with cr7 transfer saga, think bale will give spurs one more season and then move on

sell cr7 next summer, buy bale

keep di maria

Salazar

correction. madrid and farsa pickpocket the tv rights moneyz. farsa even more guilty of this than we are (they need the money lol). but yeah shitty.situation in la liga. we operate just fine thank you very much.

I'm no friend of Barca either.

You don't operate just fine at all. It's fucking scummy. You don't get to say "oh bro, that sucks, but we are classy about it".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
None of this shit will work on Levy. If he doesn't want to sell then there is nothing Madrid can do. They will have to wait until next summer.

The quotes their hierarchy are coming out with are quite pathetic, but I suppose when you've just had a completely embarrassing season it's understandable. Truly an awful club.

Lightning

Banned
None of this shit will work on Levy. If he doesn't want to sell then there is nothing Madrid can do. They will have to wait until next summer.

The quotes their hierarchy are coming out with are quite pathetic, but I suppose when you've just had a completely embarrassing season it's understandable. Truly an awful club.
If you can get £70-80 mil out of Madrid you should take it. That's heaps to build a much better squad with even without Bale.

Mac_Lane

Today, we'll know if Leonardo will be suspended for a long time. Word is he could be for at least 6 months, which would definitely bar him from taking old Carlo's job.

If this happens Nasser Al-Khelaifi might force Ancelotti into finishing his contract. He would also give him full control over recruitment, after sacking Leo who would have been rendered utterly useless by the Commission.

rodvik

Everyone respects Levy. He really is an excellent chairman.

Ushojax

If you can get £70-80 mil out of Madrid you should take it. That's heaps to build a much better squad with even without Bale.

Nah, I don't want to do that. We can't buy top players anyway because we can't offer the wages or CL, Bale is one of the only attractions we have to get quality players to join us.

You can't sell your best players and expect to climb the table, we'll end up like Liverpool and be miles behind the top 4. We've got to show a bit of spine and build next season's team around Bale. I think we will, this situation is exactly like Modric to Chelsea. It's just not going to happen, no matter what the classless twat Perez says. They'll have to buy Suarez and leave it at that.

DominoKid

im a bit amazed Liverpool fans even still want Suarez. the few that i know IRL want him gone yesterday despite the fact that he's pretty damn good.

Ushojax

Rafa Honigstein has said on ESPN that Real told Spurs they won't even bid for Bale this summer. They're just mouthing off due to the upcoming elections and to put out the dying embers of a hilariously shambolic season.

Even Marca the other week said this was a transfer that would happen next summer at the earliest.

Suarez is older, has discipline problems and is not really as good an athlete as Bale. He's a great striker and very tricky but Bale is one of those players who can score at any moment from within 40 yards of goal. Suarez isn't.

luso

You won't anyway.

(It's Bayern's 5th so they're keeping it)

Except it's wrong, Bayern get to have a copy of it. Not the original.

Good news, guys:

Since 2009, UEFA decided that the original remains in their possession constantly. The winner gets a replica in original size immediately after the final.

So, clean pots for everyone!

Now I'm confused, from UEFA website:
A rule introduced in the 1968/69 season allowed the cup to become the property of any club which won the competition five times or three years in a row. That means Real Madrid CF, AFC Ajax, FC Bayern München, AC Milan and, since 2005, Liverpool FC all have an original in their trophy rooms. Under new regulations, any club which wins the trophy three consecutive times or five times in total receives a special mark of recognition, with the club then starting a new cycle from zero.

So Bayern won 3 in a row in the 70s, then the count was reset. This win is the second since then.

feel

Fucking lol at madridistas' blaming Mourinho for the drop of class at the club.

Oh man can it please be "Mourinho's Chelsea kicking Madrid out of of champions league at bernabeu, epic walk off by Jose, cut to a closeup of Casillas crying" time yet?

Fucking lol at madridistas' blaming Mourinho for the drop of class at the club.

Oh man can it please be "Mourinho's Chelsea kicking Madrid out of of champions league at bernabeu, epic walk off by Jose, cut to a closeup of Casillas crying" time yet?

Madrid always vilify their outgoing (and by outgoing I mean sacked) managers regardless of their achievements.

It's a wonder that managers think they can make a mark there. Prospective managers need to learn that RM thinks they are pond scum that exist to be shat on by RM's well-heeled heirarchy and their self-deifying Galacticios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom