• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Did you see the goal? The keeper messed up the freekick (bounced off his hands into net). Tbf to him though, the ball took a sharp turn right before it got to him.

No I didn't, I just know him from his time at PSV. Literally the worst rightback I have ever seen.

fuenf

It's official: Dante and Gustavo will be off to Brazil and miss the DFB Pokal final.

Rummenigge:"We are forced to release both players. We dont support this decision, but our hands are forced."

Bumhead

Banned
We have confirmed a pre-season friendly at home to Rangers.

Delighted with that. Even as a Scottish Division 2 side, they're still a massive club and a far more exciting prospect for a pre-season game than our usual encounters with the likes of Stoke and Wigan.

Should be a big gate and a decent game.

fuenf

Not that it matters, you have about 20 other players that are better than each of the opponent =P

Yeah but it sucks that they are missing out on it. I don't get what 1-2 days would've changed for Brazil, but oh well being Brazilian and all, the Selecao is probably more important to the players anyway.

Salazar

City in for Fabregas now too.

Don't think we can compete with them for him. They can offer too much on wages.

Eh.

We'll do good business. Any epic gazumpings are in the fairly distant future, in any case. I can't get properly clenched about anything in particular yet.

Clegg

We're going to sign sort sort of midfielder this summer. I'd be pretty happy with Fellaini tbh. But Fellaini and one of Thiago/Cesc/Modric/Marchisio? I'd be in Muppet heaven.

Been hearing that De Bruyne will be loaned out to Leverkusen as part of the Schurrle deal. Would support this move if only to keep him out of Dortmund's grasp.

Also this:

Which sounds too good to be true.

Im not sure KDB will agree to go but hopefully he will, don't want him to leave us yet.
Also, CAVANIIII

Fergie

Banned
Because of the fucking Confed Cup the Brazilian Football Federations wants Dante and Gustavo by Saturday. Means they would not be at the German Cup Final. Wtf is this shit? Fry, do something!
You already got the final bro. I wanna see Brazil with their best lineup.

Any United transfer news? Haven't kept up, revision all day everyday.

Don't need to get banned get me.

City in for Fabregas now too.

Don't think we can compete with them for him. They can offer too much on wages.
Hopefully Fab sees sense. Come to his bro RVP, and his Spanish bro De Gea.

axnqIXb.jpg

look who I just beat in Pokemon lolololol

Gambit

Yeah but it sucks that they are missing out on it. I don't get what 1-2 days would've changed for Brazil, but oh well being Brazilian and all, the Selecao is probably more important to the players anyway.

Even more than missing them for the final it's a shame they won't be there for the celebrations on Sunday (be it double or treble). The Brazilians are essential for a partying mood.

Anyway, it clearly is a very stupid oversight on the DFB's part. No surprise there

The Holzhäuser pic is priceless. It makes the article perfect.

I am also hoping for Gomez starting on Saturday.

spidye

Even more than missing them for the final it's a shame they won't be there for the celebrations on Sunday (be it double or treble). The Brazilians are essential for a partying mood.

Anyway, it clearly is a very stupid oversight on the DFB's part. No surprise there

I really want to know who fucked up.

still shows why the dfb remains a joke

fuenf

Well I dont know if you can blame them, La Liga is playing this weekend too.

Manchester City’s ambitions to supersede Manchester United’s worldwide dominance have been taken up another notch, with the revelation that City have poached one of the masterminds behind United’s own global rise.

Sportsmail can reveal that Gavin Rhodes, Head of Coaching at Manchester United Soccer Schools, has been lured to the Etihad Stadium after spending over a decade with the Red Devils.

Why didn't they just buy us? :lol

Gambit

Well I dont know if you can blame them, La Liga is playing this weekend too.

Rummenige said the DFB overlooked the game when setting the date for the DFB-Pokal finale. He said if Bayern didn't comply, the Brazilian federation could even sue and Bayern would be disqualified/automatically lose the cup final.

Blablurn

Rummenige said the DFB overlooked the game when setting the date for the DFB-Pokal finale. He said if Bayern didn't comply, the Brazilian federation could even sue and Bayern would be disqualified/automatically lose the cup final.

Okay, I wanted to say Fuck the Brazilian team first (no offense, fry lol) but yeah it's more like Fuck DFB. Ridiculous.

We have confirmed a pre-season friendly at home to Rangers.

Delighted with that. Even as a Scottish Division 2 side, they're still a massive club and a far more exciting prospect for a pre-season game than our usual encounters with the likes of Stoke and Wigan.

Should be a big gate and a decent game.

I'm actually really looking forward to it, it'll serve as a decent marker for how far we've come, cos last season a lot of the guys were barely making an effort cos we were about 20 points clear.

Blablurn

The Holzhäuser pic is priceless. It makes the article perfect.

I am also hoping for Gomez starting on Saturday.

now this makes me sad : (

What do chelsea fans think of this andre schurlle guy. Have to say not the kind of signing I was expecting.

Wide attacking more direct player than Oscar/Mata/Hazard (is what i've been told, don't know much about him myself). Its not where i'd personally spend the money but the club will know more about him than I do (I would keep KDB), I hope he does well for us though.

Now to get a striker, dm and maybe see what they can do about the defence, and a back-up keeper seeing as Hilario and Turdbull are both out of contract.

qindarka

Banned
What do chelsea fans think of this andre schurlle guy. Have to say not the kind of signing I was expecting.

I admit that I don't know much of him. Been hearing he is a pretty good player who can play in wide positions which is helpful. We do need another attacking player, with Marin and Benayoun (leaving) being pretty much useless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reminds me of Inter with Juve, my friend used to tell me how Inter would sign whoever Juve are interested in.

Obligatory:

jhBQ9gbwNf6le_e.jpg

"In 1999 I went to scout a player at Marseille and noticed an Inter scout was there for the same player. I had to misdirect him. I noticed Cyril Domoraud playing and started to praise him so the Inter scout could hear me. Within a week newspapers linked Domoraud to Inter and they ended up signing him. He turned out to be a very mediocre player."

Local news in Birmingham seem to think we're in for Lukaku.

IF true, most likely a loan. Can't see Chelsea selling.

Can't see Chelsea selling either, especially not to another premier league club. A loan deal to Liverpool would make me fairly happy enough though, even if I wish Chelsea would just keep him at this point, but it's a hard balance with both Torres and Ba there and Schurrle coming in who can also play as a forward I guess.

Sergi Canos
Luis Alberto
Iago Aspas
Kolo Toure

Getting our shit done early this time I see.

I don't know Sergi Canos - where's he from and what position does he play?

Local news in Birmingham seem to think we're in for Lukaku.

IF true, most likely a loan. Can't see Chelsea selling.

I suppose that depends if you're selling Suarez? Whether on loan or bought it would be a handy signing.

Feorax

I don't know Sergi Canos - where's he from and what position does he play?

Barca youngster, think he's an attacking mid. Very highly rated, being brought over in similar circumstances to Fabregas I think. Don't think he's ready for the first team though, will probably be at the same development level as the likes of Yesil.

I suppose that depends if you're selling Suarez? Whether on loan or bought it would be a handy signing.

I agree, but that in turn depends if we intended on Suarez leading the line next season. If he goes, I think we need to sign a real quality winger/attacking mid to replace him, rather than an out and out striker like Lukaku.

None of this shit will work on Levy. If he doesn't want to sell then there is nothing Madrid can do. They will have to wait until next summer.

The quotes their hierarchy are coming out with are quite pathetic, but I suppose when you've just had a completely embarrassing season it's understandable. Truly an awful club.

This is their shitty tactic for when a player refuses to try and force their way out. And their fans say Suarez is too much of a cunt for Real Madrid...

Zabojnik

Attacking midfielder played for our youth team, but he didn't want to sign a new contract. He probably wanted first team action and decided to go to Bologna. I say it's a good move for him, but I wouldn't bet he will be a class player or anything. He seems like a good solid squad player to me.

Thanks! He can stay at Bologna, then. :)

Also Vermaelen to Juve?

Nobody is talking about it in Italy, I call bullshit.

Whoever we get, we better get him *now*. He needs to spend preseason with Conte.

That's what Conte is pushing for with Jovetic. But Marry's gonna Marry, try to pimp Marrone, Quaglia, Matri + 5M€, until Chelsea or another club comes in with 25M+ and signs him. Our summers are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom