• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jburton

Banned
158023367-joe-hart-of-manchester-city-confronts-a-gettyimages.jpg

Fan on the pitch trying to get to Rio but Joe Hart stopped him.

Fair play to Joe Hart, seems to be a better sport and more gracious in defeat in comparison to some of his teammates and some of the fans.

Wilbur

Banned
MUFC Facebook <3

KILL ME RITE NOW I WILL NEVA NEVA NEVA BE HAPPIER DEN THISS MOMENTTH RVP RVP ROON MERRY CHITRSMASSASSS

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/158023367-joe-hart-of-manchester-city-confronts-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qc3SDljEZz%2f1c5MHp0dowRzBlxvg7x0bDuxQhrrofLhoWPdJT%2fHZR8dYNlr98Yk3Vw%3d%3d[/IG]

Fan on the pitch trying to get to Rio but Joe Hart stopped him.[/QUOTE]

Fair play to Hart there for sure

jtb

Banned
I care not about the result, but I'd get a chuckle if anyone seriously tried to argue that United or City, either of them, are quality teams that play with any recognizable verve and look like they should be the top team in the world's best league.

Every top team in the PL has a pretty poor playing style. Mancini is terrible, Chelsea have fallen off hard since the start of the season, Arsenal can't even pass the ball any more let alone win.

And anyways, if we're going by coefficients, the best league in the world is La Liga. Even if that's not what Sky's commentators would have anyone believe.

This Palermo keeper is good on the one-on-one.

Edit: The worst part about Bonucci is if he shot, or slid ot to Marchisio it would've been game over.

Tc91

Fair play to Joe Hart, seems to be a better sport and more gracious in defeat in comparison to some of his teammates and some of the fans.

Yep credit to Joe for that.

Maybe many other players wouldn't of realized it in time but he's put that above the result.

dc89

158023367-joe-hart-of-manchester-city-confronts-a-gettyimages.jpg

Fan on the pitch trying to get to Rio but Joe Hart stopped him.

That fan is obviously brain dead. Tom, you've been at City games at derbies. You were there with me when Scholes scored in the last minute of play to win the game for United. I do not recall seeing anything stupid like coin throwing and fans invading the pitch.

We did see the City fan take it out on his seat though :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Anyway, congrats on the 2012/13 title United. You deserved it.

Was going to say if that disallowed goal came back to haunt us, I can't have been too apoplectic considering I wheeled out the old comes around goes around after our game against you.

It's endemic in our game now though, which is a real shame.

Jburton

Banned
This Palermo keeper is good on the one-on-one.

Edit: The worst part about Bonucci is if he shot, or slid ot to Marchisio it would've been game over.

Keeper seems to play that one on one just right, stayed on his feet until the very last second and covered the angles well.

Slizz

That fan is obviously brain dead. Tom, you've been at City games at derbies. You were there with me when Scholes scored in the last minute of play to win the game for United. I do not recall seeing anything stupid like coin throwing and fans invading the pitch.

Lol, a seat is infinitely better than another person.

Fergie will see off this faux-team if it's the last thing he ever does.

It's funny seeing neutrals against United when it's teams like City and Chelsea and their outside money that have turned this league into such a 2 horse race.

You might argue it was just Arsenal and United before that, but it wasn't, there was very real challenges from teams like Newcastle, Liverpool, and Blackburn.

I'll be surprised if a team outside of those 3 wins a league title in the next 10 years, or even longer.

Blackburn were basically the precursor to Chelsea&City weren't they?

As an aside, saying you were challenged by us and Newcastle is very simplistic. Newcastle never had the fanbase to sustain a significant period of challenging year-on-year, as they simply didn't have the funds to improve the team and make up for mistakes made in the transfer market. We had the fanbase, but absolutely dismal marketing and organisation to take advantage of it

You've always had the best team, the biggest squad, the best manager, the biggest fanbase, the most stability, the best financial organisation and as a consequence the biggest room for error when it came to throwing money around.

Its pretty obvious why everyone wills City and Chelsea to beat you, and its a bit disingenuous to act as though we're cheerleading for sugar-daddies when we do it

This is a bit like watching an A-League match now. This last 20 minutes has been downright comical, and that's after that clown Matri got off the pitch.

Tc91

Oh yeah I know just some idiot this time round. He hammered that seat lol.

--

G M Police @gmpolice
Man arrested inside stadium on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated public order offence after officers hear racist chanting

Doesn't say which set of supporters he was from but no need!! WHY?!

Jburton

Banned
Ujkani has been awesome today. That Morganella shithead is known to take out his teeth

ib0mgNKyU4LbW4.gif

ibox5OoB16Wc04.jpg

(four teeth lose in that and a broken nose, lol)

Fucking hell you can see the teeth fly out of his head, brutal!

You need to be a tough and mad motherfucker to be a goalie ...... always hear players saying how insane their keepers are lol.

Arnie

Right, the big match is on.

You're about to see why every team will be playing a false nine come the 14/15 season. Even Pulis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom