• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's different. You see, there's a crowd of mad fans, and a few of them are cunts.

Why give them any reason to do anything to you?

Your argument is absurd.
Its amazing that you're trying to justify Rio being attacked because he celebrated a goal.

Do you go to football matches?

You expect these people to be soulless. Ridiculous.

Kiraly

KgKc0.png

Go watch Eredivisie :D

That shit happens like every fucking year in the glorious league that is the Eredivisie

dc89

"Sir Alex have you known many more dramatic days than that?"

"Oh aye, when we thought we won it and then Sergio scored."

Night GAF. Off to sleep now.

City were much better once Ballotelli sulked off and Tevez came on. But it should have been 3-0 incorrectly given as offside and Evra was clearly fouled in the box.

Best Ashley Young and Evra have played in ages.

Carrick does so much good stuff, so consistent but people still think he's shit.

We haven't played particularly well this season but thats Stamford Bridge and Eithad conquered.

Messi

Very entertaining game. So tense and close.

What a fucking stupid statement. Trying to draw an equivalence between celebrating an extremely important 90th minute goal and busting somebody's eye open by throwing objects at them. Fuck off.

He was right up at the city fans, he was winding them up. A some do in derby matches. I said the fan is a much bigger scumbag.

You fuck off.

nemesun

Just fucking crown their arse already, RvP steal of the summer. Arsenal board and Arsene looking like a bunch of mugs here. Disgraceful.

Don't think anyone ever said it was ok. But do you really expect otherwise from riling up a bunch of football fans (not always the hardest dicks in the sauna) right in front of them?
He said it was Rio's fault basically.

He is wrong.

Do you think this is the first time a player has celebrated in front of rivals fans? Rio was basically attacked by a fan - you do not expect that and you don't see it every week in heated games.

Its amazing that you're trying to justify Rio being attacked because he celebrated a goal.

Do you go to football matches?

You expect these people to be soulless. Ridiculous.

I just see Rio going to a crowd, riling them up and I'm not surprised at what happens.

Again, the ideal is everyone is well-behaved, but we all know that doesn't happen, so why did Rio do it?

K1LLER7

City were much better once Ballotelli sulked off and Tevez came on. But it should have been 3-0 incorrectly given as offside and Evra was clearly fouled in the box.

Best Ashley Young and Evra have played in ages.

Carrick does so much good stuff, so consistent but people still think he's shit.
Yeah carricks underrated.

Brilliant result, Made for RVP to get the winner.

Tc91

5263b386a7f3745d105d5da13b783c09_large

Look just to the left of Rio's head and you see a coin.

Scumbags. Throwing them at Rooney aswell.

Edit: And you see another coin roll onto the pitch behind Rio's head near the other one on the floor!

Fuck off.

The fact that there was only team challenging with United is what's embarrassing. A shit team that lets in 3 goals from Reading is top of the table after another mediocre win.

No style, no quality, just two scuffed shots and a terribly unlucky deflection.

Sodium levels rising. I could cook with this post.

Slizz

5263b386a7f3745d105d5da13b783c09_large

Look just to the left of Rio's head and you see a coin.

Scumbags. Throwing them at Rooney aswell.

Damn how did that one fan throw so many fucking coins prior to the one at Rio? Must have had a knapsack full em and 5 arms.

K1LLER7

Comes - verbal taunting
Goes - coin in the face

Come on lad.

First half he was brill, second he was out of position 159 times.

But save for Valencia, I'm delighted with everyone. Young's best game in the shirt especially.
We need a CM and a new winger. Valencia has so much space in game but takes an eternity on deciding whether to run or cross.

GorillaJu

The fan who threw the coin at Rio is a class A cunt, but Rio was there winding up the fans and was stupid to do so. The reaction was harsher than the action, but he still did something idiotic to invoke that reaction in the first place.

And even if you support the stupidity of saying Rio got what he deserved, what about when Rooney went to take a corner and got at least 3 coins thrown at him? Wasn't even a heated part of the game and Rooney did nothing except walk over there.

LegoArmo

Fergie will see off this faux-team if it's the last thing he ever does.

It's funny seeing neutrals against United when it's teams like City and Chelsea and their outside money that have turned this league into such a 2 horse race.

You might argue it was just Arsenal and United before that, but it wasn't, there was very real challenges from teams like Newcastle, Liverpool, and Blackburn.

I'll be surprised if a team outside of those 3 wins a league title in the next 10 years, or even longer.

Wilbur

Banned
The fact that there was only team challenging with United is what's embarrassing. A shit team that lets in 3 goals from Reading is top of the table after another mediocre win.

No style, no quality, just two scuffed shots and a terribly unlucky deflection.

Young and RVP one-two looked pretty stylish to me. If that's Hendo and Jonjo doing that later you'll be putting everything you own with blunt edges up your arsehole.

He said it was Rio's fault basically.

He is wrong.

Do you think this is the first time a player has celebrated in front of rivals fans? Rio was basically attacked by a fan - you do not expect that and you don't see it every week in heated games.

Rio was well aware of what he was doing. He IS partially to blame. Not that it exuses the actions of the fans but it's what happens.

So when's the last time a player was left cut with blood streaming?

Because that's not the first time a player has celebrated in front of the opposition.

If its such a natural reaction why isn't it happening all the time?

norinrad

Stop crying you babies,

Man U thrives when they play like shit, its been like this for years. Some you always seem to cry over it, grow up.

Messi

Rio was well aware of what he was doing. He IS partially to blame. Not that it exuses the actions of the fans but it's what happens.

THIS, He was off the pitch beside the fans. He can celebrate on the pitch and not rile the fans. He did not deserve to get hit, but he should not have gone to the stand.

GorillaJu

Sodium levels rising. I could cook with this post.

I care not about the result, but I'd get a chuckle if anyone seriously tried to argue that United or City, either of them, are quality teams that play with any recognizable verve and look like they should be the top team in the world's best league.

dc89

lol, it almost looks like he cut himself with his thumbnail.

That was my initial thought. Its not excusable, remember when Bellamy got it at Old Trafford, two wrongs don't make a right.

I will do everything in my power as MCFC PR Executive to clean up the image and make sure the full extent of the law comes down on those responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom