• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Blackburn were basically the precursor to Chelsea&City weren't they?

As an aside, saying you were challenged by us and Newcastle is very simplistic. Newcastle never had the fanbase to sustain a significant period of challenging year-on-year, as they simply didn't have the funds to improve the team and make up for mistakes made in the transfer market. We had the fanbase, but absolutely dismal marketing and organisation to take advantage of it

You've always had the best team, the biggest squad, the best manager, the biggest fanbase, the most stability, the best financial organisation and as a consequence the biggest room for error when it came to throwing money around.

Its pretty obvious why everyone wills City and Chelsea to beat you, and its a bit disingenuous to act as though we're cheerleading for sugar-daddies when we do it

Look, if Roman and the Sheikh didn't exist, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn't be the laughing stocks they are now.

They came at just the right time, as the money in the game was exploading, and now it's at a point where if you don't have the money, you're not going to challenge. It wasn't always like that. Obviously United were better off than the rest, but at least it was earned.

You might think if they didn't exist, United would have won every league title since 2005, I don't think so though. Liverpool and Arsenal would have picked some up.

Kyoufu

If Yaya is out of next week's game then sweet...

Last season he was the only reason City beat us. Then again we have like 90 injuries.

Oh yeah I know just some idiot this time round. He hammered that seat lol.

--

Doesn't say which set of supporters he was from but no need!! WHY?!

Sigh...I know it's an absolutely tiny minority nowadays thankfully, but it's worrying that we keep hearing stories like this every week - whether it's because it's generally increasing or the police are clamping down on it, i'm not sure.

I just see Rio going to a crowd, riling them up and I'm not surprised at what happens.

Again, the ideal is everyone is well-behaved, but we all know that doesn't happen, so why did Rio do it?

For what it's worth I agree with you.

Hopefully it goes without saying that I don't like seeing violence towards players, anyone that tries to say otherwise should give their heads a wobble.

Remember that funny Adebayor gif when he celebrated in front of the Arsenal fans? Imagine if someone had thrown a coin and cut his head. Not nice to see obviously, but surprising? Hell no.

DominoKid

Blackburn were basically the precursor to Chelsea&City weren't they?

As an aside, saying you were challenged by us and Newcastle is very simplistic. Newcastle never had the fanbase to sustain a significant period of challenging year-on-year, as they simply didn't have the funds to improve the team and make up for mistakes made in the transfer market. We had the fanbase, but absolutely dismal marketing and organisation to take advantage of it

You've always had the best team, the biggest squad, the best manager, the biggest fanbase, the most stability, the best financial organisation and as a consequence the biggest room for error when it came to throwing money around.

Its pretty obvious why everyone wills City and Chelsea to beat you, and its a bit disingenuous to act as though we're cheerleading for sugar-daddies when we do it

but that's exactly what it is...

Ujkani has been awesome today. That Morganella shithead is known to take out his teeth

ib0mgNKyU4LbW4.gif

ibox5OoB16Wc04.jpg

(four teeth lose in that and a broken nose, lol)

you can see at least one chiclet flying.

I've seen people break noses and lose teeth on a soccer field. It's really brutal. Made me wonder how safe a sport I was playing

Look, if Roman and the Sheikh didn't exist, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn't be the laughing stocks they are now.

They came at just the right time, as the money in the game was exploading, and now it's at a point where if you don't have the money, you're not going to challenge. It wasn't always like that. Obviously United were better off than the rest, but at least it was earned.

You might think if they didn't exist, United would have won every league title since 2005, I don't think so though. Liverpool and Arsenal would have picked some up.

Arsenal could have picked up titles since then though, they do spend money, (not as much as they could or perhaps should, but they do) and they buy poorly. They also have had some great players, RVP, Nasri, Fabregas who left because the rest of the team wasn't good enough to help them win anything.

Wengers policys are all over the place regarding transfers and contracts and all that, he doesn't know what he wants.

Jburton

Banned
Suspended.

It's a shame Andy Carroll can't play would of loved to see him terrorize Liverpool.

It would be terrorising to see a player that cost you so much money only a season ago running the field for another team on loan.

£35 million, some high motherfuckers over at Liverpool.

Hopefully it goes without saying that I don't like seeing violence towards players, anyone that tries to say otherwise should give their heads a wobble.

Remember that funny Adebayor gif when he celebrated in front of the Arsenal fans? Imagine if someone had thrown a coin and cut his head. Not nice to see obviously, but surprising? Hell no.

I'm goofing. I actually don't want to see Rio get coined. I'm sure he's a nice guy and we all can lose ourselves in a great play.

LegoArmo

There's not a United fan in this thread who wouldn't rather it was Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, or even Chelsea pre-Roman challenging them for the title.

Not just because they'd financially dominate them either.

Salazar

West Ham are sort of threatening when they don't think at all about what they are doing and just sort of stumble forward.

Messi

This is what I meant, by the way.

Kyoufu

Newcastle challenging for the title would be nice to see again.

Of course, it won't happen under the current Ashley regime. Arsenal's owners are holding them back too.

Salazar

Good point this

James ‏@writtenoff_mufc
And to think Nasri could have signed for United. What a spineless prat.

ClevGod was good. Ando would have been really fucking good today, but can't fault Carrick too much. Some bullshit handovers of possession straight out of defence, though. We were giving City the ball straight back over and over.

Wilbur

Banned
There's not a United fan in this thread who wouldn't rather it was Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, or even Chelsea pre-Roman challenging them for the title.

Not just because they'd financially dominate them either.

I like that its City, having a derby that is of massive importance is great. It also makes it dick when we lose to them.

But I'd be fucking delighted if there was 6 teams fighting for the title every year. Even the Bundesliga, which is far more open than La Liga and PL, seems always to be Bayern or one other. I like the Championship for that; lower on quality but at the start of the season I couldn't fucking tell you who's going to win

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom