• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Københavns players carrying in a large banner saying "thanks for the support" to the supporters. Now lets get these FCN fuckers, please, please, please.

GorillaJu

He was offered one ages ago. Rumours are that we're offering him the wages you'd expect a reserve to be on because of his age, but he thinks he should be on first team wages, which is fair enough as he's in our first 11 imo

I was just reading stuff last week on the Guardian saying that he hasn't actually been given a formal offer.

Labadal

Yep. Pisses me off when he does it.

And congrats. You got lucky that Diame pulled a hammy though.

We did get lucky with that and the own goal, but we did have some unfortunate moments too. Anyway, scoring goals without Suarez must have felt great for the players today.

Arnie

Delighted that Nasri deflected theball into the net.

Like I said, I hope Mancini turns him into a calzone. Fucking little gimp, ducking out of the way.

4 points off 4th?

Seriously?

Holy shit Arsenal/Spurs somebody step it up man.
Exactly, it says more about the league than us.

Also makes me livid at the nature in which the City and Everton games went, considering we should've won both.

The moment we get a penalty this season there'll be a pitch invasion.

Wilbur

Banned
The state of Spurs' bad habit of conceding late goals is summed up in a table from our friends at Infostrada Sports which shows what the table would look like if games ended on 80 minutes.

Andre Villas-Boas's side would be top on 34 points, ahead of Manchester United and Manchester City.

#damn

Rooney now the top scorer in the Manchester Derby.

10 goals in 18 appearances.

Lewa you sit on the bench.

Like I said, I hope Mancini turns him into a calzone. Fucking little gimp, ducking out of the way.

Exactly, it says more about the league than us.

Also makes me livid at the nature in which the City and Everton games went, considering we should've won both.

The moment we get a penalty this season there'll be a pitch invasion.
Like I said the other week. If it's within 5 by the time Jan comes and you get a striker in early - it's on.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney now the top scorer in the Manchester Derby.

10 goals in 18 appearances.

Lewa you sit on the bench.

The way Carrick played as well, Gundogan's going to be in the reserves for a while longer. Plus we have Smalling to cover for Evans so I think Hummels should go on loan.

LTWheels

He was offered one ages ago. Rumours are that we're offering him the wages you'd expect a reserve to be on because of his age, but he thinks he should be on first team wages, which is fair enough as he's in our first 11 imo

If we were not lacking numbers he would not be starting. Sterling seems to be at his best towards the end of games when it is stretched and he has got space. Impact sub. There is still a lot to his game that needs to be improved. He could easily fizzle out and be crap in a few years time.

From what I understand he has 18 months left on his current contract. Bring in a attacking midfielder who will start instead of Sterling, offer Sterling rotation wages.

Timurid

He was below average at Arsenal. He is just horrible at City.

293033_o.gif

fuenf

Is Arkham City really as good as it is made up to be? I downloaded it from PSN and so far it just sucks, controls feel clunky, enemies are punching bags and the game constantly tells me what to do next. Does is get any better ?

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Nice to get the win. These are the type of games we have struggled with for years.

I wish Sky would shut up about "false number 9's", its a real term denoting a real position. It doesn't mean you can call a stand in forward a
"false number 9". It only shows off how paltry their coverage is when it comes to informing their viewers.

Yen

Get the fuck in.

Well in lads, Great show of heart to come back. Henderson was superb when he came on and I hope he gets the credit he deserves.

Oh and fuck you West Ham. Stick those shit generic songs right up your arses.

Stick the generic,
Stick the generic,
Stick the generic songs up your arse.

GorillaJu

Sterling deserves first team wages if for no other reason to prying claws of the billionaire clubs at bay. He's better than players like Sinclair and Moses.

Is Arkham City really as good as it is made up to be? I downloaded it from PSN and so far it just sucks, controls feel clunky, enemies are punching bags and the game constantly tells me what to do next. Does is get any better ?

Its shite

Compared to AA

GorillaJu

I didnt really like it and I also don't like the Assassin's Creed games. Basically my older sister is the sweetest lady ever and goes out of her way to look up well reviewed games to buy them for me for Christmas and inevitably I don't end up liking them. Lol

PowderedToast

yeah i got it from psn too, it's pretty bad and gives me a headache when playing. game constantly talks down your ear and people never stop fucking talking

Wilbur

Banned
I'd love it, like anyone would but we're not finishing 4th. I'd like to be proven wrong.

1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

This is how I think it'll finish as well (but massive ? on the placement of 1/2). Spurs aren't far enough ahead for the predictable Arsenal March revival.

Empty

it's alright. it has some good story missions and i like the combat but it's a messy design, especially with the open world. feels much less than the sum of its parts.

Great result today.
Not managed to go through all the posts so I don't know how much of this has been discussed, but:

- Carrick was really good. Last few games particularly he has been much stronger defensively and it really shows. Made some great challenges and marshalled the majority of runs through the middle. Cleverly was likewise solid, but then I've always been a fan of his ability to keep the ball and act as a regular outlet for the players around him. I know his ability is a bit of a running joke around here, but I genuinely believe he would be more highly regarded in foreign leagues.

- Overall I think we deserved the win. It wasn't great by footballing standards but we are slowly finding our feet this season and I think we will do well in the CL, no matter who we get in the next round. Semi-finals as a minimum.

- Wasn't Rio celebrating in front of the Utd fans? I thought that end had the away supporters separated from the home by a line of marshalls? If I'm thinking of the wrong end then he was maybe a tad on the antaginising side. Not excusing the coin throwing though which is just mindless.

Fan behaviour has really deteriorated in the last few months. Since the Terry racism trial & FA punishment, it has just gone down hill from there.
I think they need to ban supporters for the next match, where there are incidents of racism / coin throwing / whatever. People may think twice if there is more than just a chance of them getting identified & banned.
The impact of seeing an Old Trafford filled with just 3k away fans might actually hit home and make these fans think before they act.
Same goes for harsher player punishment. 3 matches for Mikel? What a joke.

FA, UEFA & FIFA all talk about these respect initiatives etc, but do nothing to enforce those through retroactive punishment.
5 match ban & fine equivalent to 5 weeks pay for blatant dives
Year bans for racism.

These might be extreme, but it wouldn't be long before behavior improved.

dc89

I promised we'd act quick. A club statement up on mcfc.co.uk now promising action.

FA are also investigating.

derExperte

yeah i got it from psn too, it's pretty bad and gives me a headache when playing. game constantly talks down your ear and people never stop fucking talking

I liked the slightly more linear apporach of Asylum better, the story goes nowhere and there's too much stuff to collect but it's still a good game imo.

Problem with city this season is none of their players are playing particularly well. United have RVP beasting, lolerpool have Suarez etc. city don't have anyone who's playing above average

fuenf

it's alright. it has some good story missions and i like the combat but it's a messy design, especially with the open world. feels much less than the sum of its parts.

I didnt really like it and I also don't like the Assassin's Creed games. Basically my older sister is the sweetest lady ever and goes out of her way to look up well reviewed games to buy them for me for Christmas and inevitably I don't end up liking them. Lol

Ah I see. Thanks guys, good to know I'm not crazy.

Arnie

Problem with city this season is none of their players are playing particularly well. United have RVP beasting, lolerpool have Suarez etc. city don't have anyone who's playing above average

Very true. The closest they've got is Tevez and Mancini dropped him for Balotelli, which says it all.

GorillaJu

Everyone seems to mystified about Balotelli over Tevez but he's typically a good player in big games. He opened the scoring in the 6-1 last year.

Tevez was much, much better, but I wasn't all that surprised by Balotelli starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom