• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT9| #Freeelsk is now trending on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Have a feeling a few of Newcastle's player will be off before long. Williamson is on the same list as the likes of Phil Bardsely in that he's a first team player who is stealing a living.

God damn it Sporting...

cat-curse-you-villain.jpg

Kyoufu

Have a feeling a few of Newcastle's player will be off before long. Williamson is on the same list as the likes of Phil Bardsely in that he's a first team player who is stealing a living.

Yup.

Half the Newcastle team isn't good enough for League 2, let alone the Championship for when we're there next season.

Double yup.

This is so abysmal. We need new owners who will buy players.

*Chris Hughton laffs*

I used to want Newcastle to do good until they fired him for no reason.

Mike Ashley should be banned from Newcastle. He is screwing us over.

ShogunX

*Chris Hughton laffs*

I used to want Newcastle to do good until they fired him for no reason.

I still quite like Newcastle but a few of their fans let last season get to their heads and ended up being massive wankers (Newcastle forums not FootyGaf). I think the signs where there last season in that Newcastle could be a one season wonder and it certainly looks the case so far.

Empty

doesn't de rossi hate zeman and might want to leave. they talked about it on football weekly (which had auclair and honigstein this week <3333)

it'd be pretty funny if you signed him 6 months after signing rodwell and garcia in his position though. big admission of transfer market failure.

Kyoufu

I still quite like Newcastle but a few of their fans let last season get to their heads and ended up being massive wankers (Newcastle forums not FootyGaf). I think the signs where there last season in that Newcastle could be a one season wonder and it certainly looks the case so far.

Fuck that, we should be in the top 4 right now if WE BOUGHT SOME FRACKING PLAYERS UGH lol

@CityWatch

:(

yeah, I do feel like more and more players will resist urge for money hats given the abysmal performances in Europe and further proof of soullessness, at least players who still feel like they can achieve something.
Go for expensive/greedy South Americans* or old fucks.

* which is ok, since they often have a huge family to support/feed.

Newcastle missed quite a lot of key signings, so I'm not surprised they're not doing well. But then they only went for hot or semi-hot properties so no wonder they lost out.
They need better scouting.

Zabojnik

Hmm, well after we played so well against Madrid I am convinced in Klopp's tactical abilities and it was quite the test for our defense (dealing with CR, Higuain, Özil), so I guess it's teams that operate like a real collective, where most of the team is involved in defending and they should also be able to switch from def. to attack really fast. Juve comes to mind with Pirlo as their pivotal player for those switches, but they're shit when it comes to scoring, so we'd probably win.
I'd say it's mostly those teams you always tend to forget about like Porto or Shakhtar + the players could fall victim to this underestimating of opponents.

Barca too, of course, but we've dealt with the next best thing in terms of that possession based play style pretty well (your lot), so even with Messi in the equation I still feel like we've got a chance against them.

Dat confidence. Not that I disagree, even if I think some people are starting to underestimate Barca a bit. If such a thing is even possible.

We need this guy.

nemesun

Oh my, Newcastle got beaten by the cottagers? Mike Ashley can sort this whole mess out by offering Turd Ferguson a 10 year deal, that boy is a Messi waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom